PDA

View Full Version : 2017 NCAA Women's Frozen Four

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]

Timothy A
03-24-2017, 01:11 PM
There's muskies in Wisconsin? I thought you guys only fished for bullheads. Or do I have you confused with Iowa? :D

Haha, not a chance confusing the fishing between WI and IA, just like there's not a chance confusing fishing between WI and MN. MN doesn't hold a candle to WI, don't lie to yourself. I have heard there are muskys in some IA rivers.

bluffrinkrat
03-24-2017, 03:12 PM
Haha, not a chance confusing the fishing between WI and IA, just like there's not a chance confusing fishing between WI and MN. MN doesn't hold a candle to WI, don't lie to yourself. I have heard there are muskys in some IA rivers.

Yes there are, but they don't fish for them because they're not bullheads. You sound a little defensive. Is it because Wisconsin doesn't have an International Eelpout Festival like we do in Walker? I once led an ice fishing contest in Waskish on Red Lake after the first day of fishing with a 4 1/2 pound "pout." The next morning when I showed up to go fishing I wasn't even on the leader board. How the h... was I to know others would fish for the dam things all night? We ate it though. Wasn't bad.

ARM
03-24-2017, 05:30 PM
That definitely wasn't true in 2015--we waited too long to buy tickets and ended up paying an inflated (but not astronomical) price on StubHub the week before the finals.I didn't say you could buy one at a ticket window. When the "sold out" sign goes up, there are always guys with poorly-made cardboard signs playing "Let's Make a Deal".

joecct
03-24-2017, 06:37 PM
I didn't say you could buy one at a ticket window. When the "sold out" sign goes up, there are always guys with poorly-made cardboard signs playing "Let's Make a Deal".

Uncle Monty's Cookie Jar was always a dangerous play.

FireKnight
03-27-2017, 07:05 AM
Why were the Clarkson fans chanting "Let's go Tech"? A local nickname?

So next year the tourney is in rodentapolis, I hear the tickets sell out quickly once they become available, is this correct?

We aren't going to call ourselves CU with Cornell and Colgate in the conference ... not to mention, it'd be too easy to add letters (just ask SLU).

vicb
03-28-2017, 07:34 AM
Nice NY Times article on the National Champs :) .

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/28/sports/hockey/where-everyone-knows-hockey-tiny-clarkson-stands-tall-again.html?_r=1

Celebration today at 5:15PM. You can watch it live

https://campaigns.clarkson.edu/champs2017/

LGT LGT LGT

joecct
03-28-2017, 09:58 AM
Nice NY Times article on the National Champs :) .

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/28/sports/hockey/where-everyone-knows-hockey-tiny-clarkson-stands-tall-again.html?_r=1

Celebration today at 5:15PM. You can watch it live

https://campaigns.clarkson.edu/champs2017/

LGT LGT LGT

There is a twitter pic of the LA Times blurb that credited Clarkson College of Omaha, Nebraska beating Wisconsin 3-0.

FiveHoleFrenzy
03-28-2017, 12:40 PM
There is a twitter pic of the LA Times blurb that credited Clarkson College of Omaha, Nebraska beating Wisconsin 3-0.

Who knew that a small, focused health care education institution could come out of nowhere to become a Cinderella story and win a national championship? :)

vicb
03-28-2017, 12:44 PM
Who knew that a small, focused health care education institution could come out of nowhere to become a Cinderella story and win a national championship? :)

May be they (Clarkson College of Omaha) will get an invitation to the White House from the President. :)

Like 2014, my guess is Clarkson University has too many Canadians to get an invite. :(

ARM
04-01-2017, 08:31 AM
May be they (Clarkson College of Omaha) will get an invitation to the White House from the President. :)

Like 2014, my guess is Clarkson University I guess has too many Canadians to get an invite. :(If The Donald finds that out, he may try to build another wall.

Nowheresville
04-01-2017, 09:00 AM

More importantly, maybe they'll get an invitation from the WCHA to replace the Folding Hawks.

bluffrinkrat
04-01-2017, 10:03 AM

Well, they've each won one, now they need to play each other to see who's best. I have a feeling though that Clarkson of Omaha might decline a hockey game and suggest a "College Bowl" match instead with a focus on health care questions.;)

vicb
04-01-2017, 10:15 AM
More importantly, maybe they'll get an invitation from the WCHA to replace the Folding Hawks.

If they did join does that reduce the number of Championships won by an eastern team from 2 to 0? :)

Nowheresville
04-01-2017, 11:17 AM
If they did join does that reduce the number of Championships won by an eastern team from 2 to 0? :)

Well if they're already in Omaha it seems like the answer is pretty obvious!

OnMAA
04-01-2017, 01:08 PM
If The Donald finds that out, he may try to build another wall.

Nooooooo !!!!!

joecct
04-01-2017, 01:30 PM

Like 2014, my guess is Clarkson University has too many Canadians to get an invite. :(

Vic

Better idea(s)

1. Vegas invites the ladies to a game.
2. Vegas plays an exhibition game at Cheel.

FiveHoleFrenzy
04-03-2017, 11:39 AM
Well, they've each won one, now they need to play each other to see who's best. I have a feeling though that Clarkson of Omaha might decline a hockey game and suggest a "College Bowl" match instead with a focus on health care questions.;)

You could be onto something with gender equity to boot...Sweet vintage peacock!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ_6WzOnwDk

vicb
04-03-2017, 12:59 PM
You could be onto something with gender equity to boot...Sweet vintage peacock!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ_6WzOnwDk

We would want the Peacock colors to be changed to Green and Gold on one side and blue and grey (I think) on the other side. The Golden Knights against the Clippers. :)