Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2016-17 Vol II -- We Do Have a Hockey Season Here!?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 Vol II -- We Do Have a Hockey Season Here!?!

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    And can a UNH fan explain why the two HE banners have UNH claiming a tournament title in 1979 and a regular season title in 1974 when the league didn't start play until 1984?
    Haha... every time someone says 'hang a banner', they apparently do.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

UML lucky to get outta Dodge with a W! The excuses for UML's poor performance are laughable!
      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
        UML lucky to get outta Dodge with a W! The excuses for UML's poor performance are laughable!
        Correct me if I'm wrong here ... but UML actually won the game, didn't they?
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

I don't see any excuses about Lowell poor play either here or at the Lowell thread.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
            And can a UNH fan explain why the two HE banners have UNH claiming a tournament title in 1979 and a regular season title in 1974 when the league didn't start play until 1984?
            What (if anything) prevents UNH from putting up a separate ECAC banner for those pre-HE titles?

What do they do at BU (5), BC (2), NU (1) and/or PC (1) to reflect their pre-HE ECAC tourney titles?

Does UVM do something in Gutterson's rafters to honor their single RS "Cleary Cup" title ('96)?
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
              What (if anything) prevents UNH from putting up a separate ECAC banner for those pre-HE titles?

What do they do at BU (5), BC (2), NU (1) and/or PC (1) to reflect their pre-HE ECAC tourney titles?

Does UVM do something in Gutterson's rafters to honor their single RS "Cleary Cup" title ('96)?
              I figured that's what those two dates were, ECAC. Why wouldn't UNH put up ECAC banners, reflects past success of program pre-HE. Don't know what the others do but I bet they don't put up banners with non-existent HE championship dates on them. LOL
              Last edited by riverchief1; 01-07-2017, 07:38 AM.
              Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
              Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
              Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                I don't see any excuses about Lowell poor play either here or at the Lowell thread.
                Agreed, unless me reinforcing Chuck's observation about Lowell's recent schedule perhaps leading to them being a little tired last night constitutes an laughable excuse, that's a pretty good stretch. I guess players maybe being tired doesn't lead to a reduced level of play? I always thought that being tired sometimes affects one's ability to perform at their normal level.
                Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                  I guess players maybe being tired doesn't lead to a reduced level of play? I always thought that being tired sometimes affects one's ability to perform at their normal level.
                  See 2016 hockey east championship game. Or if you're like me, pretend it never happened
                  BS UMass Lowell 2015
                  PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                    See 2016 hockey east championship game. Or if you're like me, pretend it never happened
                    Yup. They were spent after a 3OT game that took 4:21 to play.
                    Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Top line had a long night I thought...and agree with the slow start UNH brought to the game. The early play looked frantic, pucks/passes into skates. But I am encouraged by most of the play of the night and could care less if UML was tired or whatever. Interesting line shakes ups wonder what tonight brings. I do like what I saw from Nonis..he and Wyse seemed to step up as I felt Cleland struggled. A 60 min effort by the 'Cats should've / could've made the diff and we didn't have that unfortunately!
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Today's game is postponed until tomorrow because of the storm.

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                          Oh you know, they had "tired legs" and their schedule has been daunting!

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                            I figured that's what those two dates were, ECAC. Why wouldn't UNH put up ECAC banners, reflects past success of program pre-HE. Don't know what the others do but I bet they don't put up banners with non-existent HE championship dates on them. LOL
                            They used to have an ECAC banner I think. They ran out of room for all those banners though and had to consolidate

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              Top line had a long night I thought...and agree with the slow start UNH brought to the game. The early play looked frantic, pucks/passes into skates. But I am encouraged by most of the play of the night and could care less if UML was tired or whatever. Interesting line shakes ups wonder what tonight brings. I do like what I saw from Nonis..he and Wyse seemed to step up as I felt Cleland struggled. A 60 min effort by the 'Cats should've / could've made the diff and we didn't have that unfortunately!
                              Watched the game on TV and they mentioned Nonis'name a lot IIRC. Of course Caron wouldn't shut his pie hole the whole night so I had to mute the sound so I may have missed some props!

Comment

Oh you know, they had "tired legs" and their schedule has been daunting!
                                Do you not believe that four games in 8 days, all on the road (Hanover, Troy and Durham), and then playing on an Olympic ice sheet would affect a team? Especially when they're playing a team that's only on their second in 8?
                                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Working...
                                X