Minnesota @ Michigan St 12/9 & 12/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota @ Michigan St 12/9 & 12/10

So Minnesota plays MSU this weekend. Last weekend before the break for the Gophers. Do we care?

Friday is a 5:30pm CT puck drop with the Saturday rematch at 7pm CT. Both games will air on BTN.
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Re: Minnesota @ Michigan St 12/9 & 12/10

Finally some Big Ten hockey! These two teams always seem to play close games (with a couple exceptions). I expect more of the same in that regard this weekend.

It will be interesting to see if MSU can keep the semi-momentum it has after a good weekend at North Dakota and a 5-1 win over the Under-18 team.

Comment

The way the Gophers have been playing lately I see nothing but a sweep for MSU at home. Still, I do care and will be hoping for the Gophers to somehow pull out a win.

Oh, and I'm only half-kidding.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
        Finally some Big Ten hockey!
        Shame on you! Everyone knows we aren't supposed to be excited about B1G Hockey.......

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

I think this is the first season in which I've fully embraced the B1G. What choice do I have I know, but nothing against MSU this was a "meh" series in the past but now I look forward to it. MSU may not have the greatest record, but they took 3/4 at UND and held DU to 5 goals in 2 games even if both were a L. MSU at home, small sheet of ice, UM will need to bring it all weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            MSU at home, small sheet of ice, UM will need to bring it all weekend.
            All weekend you say? When's the last time THAT happened?

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post

Comment

While MSU fans are not as down on the team as we anticipated we'd be by now, I don't think any of that has translated into real confidence against better teams. We are 4-6, after all. Minny SHOULD sweep this series and I don't think it should be that difficult but I anticipate at least one of these games going right down to the wire. I predict having to settle for moral victories.

3-2 UM
                5-2 UM

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Yeah, sorry I've become pretty much of a pessimist, based on what I've seen lately. But I'm still very much hoping the team can start to play up to its potential, which I think is very high. This weekend will tell a lot as to what we can expect in the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                    While MSU fans are not as down on the team as we anticipated we'd be by now, I don't think any of that has translated into real confidence against better teams. We are 4-6, after all. Minny SHOULD sweep this series and I don't think it should be that difficult but I anticipate at least one of these games going right down to the wire. I predict having to settle for moral victories.

3-2 UM
                    5-2 UM
                    Are you talking about MSU's goalie or the opponent this weekend? - This should make it hard for you Minnesota fans to heckle our goaltender at least...

My Prediction for the weekend based purely on what I've seen MSU is capable of this year.
                    Friday- MSU 5-3
                    Saturday- MSU 4-2

Comment

This is the reason I'm leaning split this weekend.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
                        Are you talking about MSU's goalie or the opponent this weekend? - This should make it hard for you Minnesota fans to heckle our goaltender at least...

My Prediction for the weekend based purely on what I've seen MSU is capable of this year.
                        Friday- MSU 5-3
                        Saturday- MSU 4-2
                        Ho man I hope I get that optimistic eventually. I may be in a few days if you are right.

I think Minnesota is better than their record. It looks like they've played a very tough schedule.

It would not surprise me if MSU got a win. We do tend to play these guys tough. MSU will need great goaltending, good shot blocking and a little puck luck, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                          This is the reason I'm leaning split this weekend.
                          And then there's the X Factor: Which Schierhorn will show up.

Comment

MSU will need great goaltending
                            False, you can get away with really half-*****ed goaltending if you can put up some goals against the very inconsistent Eric Schierhorn.
                            See: D2D's post below.

And then there's the X Factor: Which Schierhorn will show up.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Ho man I hope I get that optimistic eventually. I may be in a few days if you are right.

I think Minnesota is better than their record. It looks like they've played a very tough schedule.

It would not surprise me if MSU got a win. We do tend to play these guys tough. MSU will need great goaltending, good shot blocking and a little puck luck, I think.
                              Again this is only from what I've seen MSU is capable of. They have dominated play for long periods of time against very good teams in North Dakota and Denver. Obviously Minnesota is the same caliber of team so I would be very happy with a split this weekend. I just have a feeling MSU could come away with 2 victories this weekend if the upward trend of MSU continues.

Comment

Working...
                              X