Recent NLI's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent NLI's

With the recent NLI day which recently passed, it would be interesting to see some input on some of these talented players and how their choices will impact the schools. For example, will Union see immediate change with their incoming freshman next year?

Re: Recent NLI's

Penn State had six players sign letters, but like always it's anybody's guess how any of them will impact the program, having never seen any of them play. One that does stand out is the goalie, Cameron Leonard, because she gives Penn State a third goalie they don't have this year. She's a four-time participant at the USA Hockey Player Developement Camp, and a two-time participant at the USA Hockey Goalie Developement Camp, so she's no scrub.

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/w-...111616aaa.html

Comment

It seems like the 2017 class is goalie rich, many quality goalies will miss the call to D 1 because of the depth. It appears that the 2018 may be even better. The question with Penn State is what will they have defensively and how much longer will they keep the current head coach since his successor appears to have been hired as an assistant.

Comment

Penn State does have four freshman defenders this year, and four more with experience (one sophomore, two juniors, and a senior), and one incoming next year. That gives them three defensive pairs for starters with two left over, and the rest of this season to see which freshman defenders rise to D-1 hockey. The goalie situation next year will be one freshman, one sophomore, and one senior. As far as Dean Jackson being at Penn State now, it's anybody's guess if that signals a passing of the torch before long. I have no idea how coaching contracts are written, but this is Brandwene's fifth year as Penn State's head coach for the D-1 team.

Comment

Gophers announce their incoming class:

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...111716aaa.html

Based on their resumes you would have to say this is an exceptionally strong class that should make an immediate impact. It will likely take some time, however, for these talented young freshmen to completely offset the loss of this year's outstanding senior class, led by Lee Stecklein and Dani Cameranesi. But over time this new group has the potential to become one of the best year classes in team history, IMHO.
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Gophers tend to always have a strong group of recruits each year. While filling the shoes of Stecklein and Cameranesi is a tall order, it seems they never miss a beat. I do think there is a sense of parody in some of the next couple of years in the WCHA in terms of incoming freshmen but that is a sign of the growing talent pool nationally.

Comment

I've heard at least one comment that, as far as Potomaks are concerned, Amy is an even better player than Sarah.
              Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
              Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
              Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
                I've heard at least one comment that, as far as Potomaks are concerned, Amy is an even better player than Sarah.
                I've heard that from several people, but Frost addressed it in the interview before last night's audio and he said they are just different types of players. From the little of I've seen of Amy, she looks bigger and stronger, but I'd say Sarah is shiftier.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                X