NMU vs. MTU 10/28-29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMU vs. MTU 10/28-29

Wildcats coming off a win and a tie at Ferris and Huskies coming off a loss and a tie at Michigan. Tech won the series 3-1 last season. Ready, go.

Re: NMU vs. MTU 10/28-29

I'll bite ... Tech by a bit at the McInnes for '75 team ... a closer game to the Huskies at the Berry.

Comment

I will not predict a loss. Tech sweeps.
      Ryan J
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I'll say a home and home SPLIT.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Beer... Lots of beer...

Just need to see if its happy or sad beer....
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Both games televised in the UP on TV6 this weekend. The pregame show on Friday is on FoxUP, featuring live interviews with many of the 1975 guys in attendance.

Comment

No woofing this week?
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                No woofing this week?
                Well the Huskies are all bark and no bite this year!

Comment

Heading to the KBC in a couple hours for pre-game. Good to be back in the Keweenaw again.
                  Go Tech!

Comment

On the road for my first ever game at the Berry, for the most part thought the game last night was well played by both teams. It was the cleanest RIVALRY game I have ever witnessed. Payne was getting knocked down regularly, but not a real physical game last night. I expect a bit more friction tonight.
                    I want to see L'Esperance, Heinonen, and Steman get rewarded. Neville took a slap shot right at the end of the game, was surprised he finished the next shift. Go Tech.

Comment

Forgot to mention That Gould and Blacklock looked good last night. Today, we watched the 5 minute major calls again on the tv feed and I guess I do not understand the rules.
                      If I was reffing, the hit on Auk was 2:00 for an elbow, possibly another 2:00 for hit from behind.
                      The hit on Heinonen was not to the head, it must be the new rule of hitting when vulnerable to warrant the 5:00. Finally, Gould's was a 2:00 minute boarding call. Was anyone else doubting why they were so quick to kick out players on marginal calls? The rules should protect the players, I am all for it, but let's not turn hockey into soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
                        Well the Huskies are all bark and no bite this year!
                        I'd say we bit pretty hard with NMU in the building.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                          Forgot to mention That Gould and Blacklock looked good last night. Today, we watched the 5 minute major calls again on the tv feed and I guess I do not understand the rules.
                          If I was reffing, the hit on Auk was 2:00 for an elbow, possibly another 2:00 for hit from behind.
                          The hit on Heinonen was not to the head, it must be the new rule of hitting when vulnerable to warrant the 5:00. Finally, Gould's was a 2:00 minute boarding call. Was anyone else doubting why they were so quick to kick out players on marginal calls? The rules should protect the players, I am all for it, but let's not turn hockey into soccer.

Officiating is ruining college hockey. You cannot touch anyone out there anymore. Ruining the game.
                          "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                            Gould got his feet tangled with the NMU player when he also made contact above. Middle of the ice that's probably a trip, but that close to the boards it's always going to get called. Boarding is usually the call when the player who gets hit is facing away from the boards, in this case he was obviously facing into them. You just can't engage with a guy when you're both heading towards the wall at speed.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                              Gould got his feet tangled with the NMU player when he also made contact above. Middle of the ice that's probably a trip, but that close to the boards it's always going to get called. Boarding is usually the call when the player who gets hit is facing away from the boards, in this case he was obviously facing into them. You just can't engage with a guy when you're both heading towards the wall at speed.
                              I agree, he got tangled and the NMU guy went down, if that's all it had been I think it may have only been 2 for tripping, however even after that he continued his check and hit him into the boards. However unintentional it may have been it's going to, and should, get called a 5 minute.
                              2005-2006: 7-25-6
                              2006-2007: 18-17-5
                              2007-2008: 14-20-5
                              2008-2009: 6-25-7
                              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Working...
                              X