3 Elmira 21- 4-1 115 3
    4 Middlebury 20- 4-3 102 4
    5 Adrian 25- 2-1 99 5
    6 St. Thomas 20- 5-2 66 7
    7 Amherst 22- 2-3 59 6
    8 Norwich 21- 7-0 49 9
    9 Lake Forest 20- 4-3 27 8
    10 Utica 19- 8-1 15 10
    Others receiving votes: Wisconsin-Stevens Point 10, Bethel 3, Massachusetts-Boston 3, St. Scholastica 2, Castleton 1, St. Norbert 1.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/rankings/#ixzz4O2LSbrNp

Re: USCHO DIII pre-season poll

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
    1st poll of the season:
    Preseason USCHO.com Division III Women's Poll
    October 24, 2016
    Team (First Place Votes) Record Points Last Poll
    1 Plattsburgh (15) 26- 1-0 150 1
    2 Wisconsin-River Falls 21- 5-2 123 2
    3 Elmira 21- 4-1 115 3
    4 Middlebury 20- 4-3 102 4
    5 Adrian 25- 2-1 99 5
    6 St. Thomas 20- 5-2 66 7
    7 Amherst 22- 2-3 59 6
    8 Norwich 21- 7-0 49 9
    9 Lake Forest 20- 4-3 27 8
    10 Utica 19- 8-1 15 10
    Others receiving votes: Wisconsin-Stevens Point 10, Bethel 3, Massachusetts-Boston 3, St. Scholastica 2, Castleton 1, St. Norbert 1.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/rankings/#ixzz4O2LSbrNp
    Nice that they do this, but honestly couldn't be more meaningless..... after 6 games into the season we'll see if its even close (it won't be)

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
      Nice that they do this, but honestly couldn't be more meaningless..... after 6 games into the season we'll see if its even close (it won't be)
      After Plattsburgh being No. 1, you're probably right.

Can anyone stop the Big Red Machine this year is the only real question....
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

No, is the only real answer.

Comment

Looking forward to 11/26 at Kenyon when they play Adrian in the Panther/Cardinal.

Comment

It's all RIT's fault...
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Until Plattsburgh loses at least a couple they are unquestionably #1. We know Elmira and Middlebury will be strong and Utica has shown they can play with the top teams as well. Curious if anyone thinks there are other challengers in the East.

In the West Adrian has shown they will bring a strong team every year. They may be the team to final break through from the West. I believe UST will be near the top and would look for them to make a strong charge at the Final 4 this year. They were close last year and while they lost some senior leadership most of their scoring returns. With talent throughout their lineup and another year of experience under their belt it could be their turn to take the top step. I look for them to be right with Adrian hoping to challenge the perennial Eastern powers. Lake Forest and UWRF both lose not only their best offensive players but possibly the best player ever at each school. Those are tough shoes to fill for anyone and the "next man up'" approach may not be enough. Could take those teams time to find their way and by then it could be too late.

No matter how it shakes out, I hope everyone enjoys their respective team's season and has the opportunity to watch some good hockey. And while Platty may again reign that shouldn't take away from all the other talented and hardworking teams/players across the country.

Let's drop the puck.

Comment

Originally posted by hieronymus View Post
                Until Plattsburgh loses at least a couple they are unquestionably #1. We know Elmira and Middlebury will be strong and Utica has shown they can play with the top teams as well. Curious if anyone thinks there are other challengers in the East.

In the West Adrian has shown they will bring a strong team every year. They may be the team to final break through from the West. I believe UST will be near the top and would look for them to make a strong charge at the Final 4 this year. They were close last year and while they lost some senior leadership most of their scoring returns. With talent throughout their lineup and another year of experience under their belt it could be their turn to take the top step. I look for them to be right with Adrian hoping to challenge the perennial Eastern powers. Lake Forest and UWRF both lose not only their best offensive players but possibly the best player ever at each school. Those are tough shoes to fill for anyone and the "next man up'" approach may not be enough. Could take those teams time to find their way and by then it could be too late.

No matter how it shakes out, I hope everyone enjoys their respective team's season and has the opportunity to watch some good hockey. And while Platty may again reign that shouldn't take away from all the other talented and hardworking teams/players across the country.

Let's drop the puck.
                I wouldn't write off Norwich yet. They've certainly struggled in non-conference the last three years, especially against Plattsburgh. But a lot of new faces in the lineup this year and hopefully a few more goal scorers. Can they beat Plattsburgh? Time will tell...not sure anyone can at this point. However, I think Norwich will be right there with the rest of the challengers in the East after Platty.
                GO LAKERS!!!
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Looking forward to 11/26 at Kenyon when they play Adrian in the Panther/Cardinal.
                  Plattsburgh, Adrian, Norwich and Elmira in the East/West on Jan. 7 and 8 too!
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

I wouldn't write off Norwich yet. They've certainly struggled in non-conference the last three years, especially against Plattsburgh. But a lot of new faces in the lineup this year and hopefully a few more goal scorers. Can they beat Plattsburgh? Time will tell...not sure anyone can at this point. However, I think Norwich will be right there with the rest of the challengers in the East after Platty.
                    Most certainly. Norwich is a contender and I meant no disrespect in my previous post by not including them with the top group out there. I just moved right to the teams that made it to the end without considering the entire pool. The more competitive teams the better.

Comment

Plattsburgh, Adrian, Norwich and Elmira in the East/West on Jan. 7 and 8 too!
                      Amherst visits the friendly confines of Kenyon 1/6 and 1/7. Sounds like a weekend well spent scurrying from Middlebury to Northfield!
                      Hope to get over to Newport for the Cadet opener in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Amherst visits the friendly confines of Kenyon 1/6 and 1/7. Sounds like a weekend well spent scurrying from Middlebury to Northfield!
                        Hope to get over to Newport for the Cadet opener in a couple of weeks.
                        would be interested in seeing what people think about the nescac race this year.

Predict that Midd and Amherst should be near the top [as usual]. My dark horse is Conn.... 3rd place last season, lost only one Sr. First two weekends should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
                          would be interested in seeing what people think about the nescac race this year.

Predict that Midd and Amherst should be near the top [as usual]. My dark horse is Conn.... 3rd place last season, lost only one Sr. First two weekends should be interesting.
                          The schedule makes for interesting conference matchups in early NESCAC play. Middlebury and Amherst both play Conn College (and Trinity) before Christmas break. Amherst and Middlebury are tough to pick against, but we have all been waiting for Conn to step up and it will be a great show as always. I am sure we will all be trying to figure conference tie breaking procedure come February.
                          Anyone have insight into this year's significant recruits?

Comment

Working...
                          X