Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Well at least BC beat denver
    BC wasn't good last weekend - I can't remember the last time I saw a BC team so out of sync. This weekends DU team was a completely different group - playing with desperation after a poor first weekend...
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

Well at least BC beat denver
      Right. And that's the comparison he should've made, IMO. Is BC playing down to its competition? How does BC beat a top 5 team and then lose to Wisconsin? At least BU's losses were to a team that went to the Frozen Four last year and started pre-season pretty highly ranked.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
        Raise a banner.
        Ok?

Comment

Re: hockey east ooc thread (2016/17): mookie MIA edition

Originally posted by Tater View Post
          Raise a banner.
          He said BC, not UNH, beat Denver...

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            BC wasn't good last weekend - I can't remember the last time I saw a BC team so out of sync. This weekends DU team was a completely different group - playing with desperation after a poor first weekend...
            Could have something to do with all the new faces from last year. Just a guess on my part though. People shouldn't be comparing this BC team to last year. Just a totally different team.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Right. And that's the comparison he should've made, IMO. Is BC playing down to its competition? How does BC beat a top 5 team and then lose to Wisconsin? At least BU's losses were to a team that went to the Frozen Four last year and started pre-season pretty highly ranked.
              BC was highly ranked based on what they did last year, they were overrated. I thought everyone knew that. I wouldn't pay attention to the rankings. At the same time, mike eaves is gone. Wisconsin could turn out to be a lot better than they have been in recent years. Not sure what you were expecting from BC right away but I am fine with 2-2 on the 4 game road trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Scarlet, you are smarter than this, MUCH smarter. This is why i had the Tobin Bridge closed. Intelligent BU fans starting to not act like themselves. Calm down, everything will be fine. You say you keep an eye on us, if you do you would understand why our expectations are tempered. Rankings? You deserve your's, 4 of the top 16 NHL 1st round picks, us? the most decimated team from early exits in college hockey and #5 because of the name..........and to top it off a less than inspiring frosh class.
                Last edited by sterlippo1; 10-16-2016, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Could have something to do with all the new faces from last year. Just a guess on my part though. People shouldn't be comparing this BC team to last year. Just a totally different team.
                  Easy there - just offering an observation as a neutral HE fan in attendance. Just trying to be helpful on my part though...
                  Live Free or Die!!
                  Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    Scarlet, you are smarter than this, MUCH smarter. This is why i had the Tobin Bridge closed. Intelligent BU fans starting to not act like themselves. Calm down, everything will be fine. You say you keep an eye on us, if you do you would understand why our expectations are tempered. Rankings? You deserve your's, 4 of the top 16 NHL 1st round picks, us? the most decimated team from early exits in college hockey and #5 because of the name..........and to top it off a less than inspiring frosh class.
                    I have no idea where this came from. BUPhD is the one wondering if the Terriers are just not that good and I told him that BU losing to a top 5 team is not the same as BC losing to Wisconsin, who is not a top 5 team. You know me, I never ever think BC is ever out of it, I don't give a rat's *** how many defections BC had. OF COURSE BC beats Denver who was ranked - what - 3rd in the country - the week prior to BU heading out there. There is no way Denver was going to lose four games to start the season. And naturally, another highly-ranked team (Quinnipiac) loses to a not highly ranked team (Maine) the week before they play BU, which means they head here loaded for bear. On my birthday no less. BU never wins on my birthday. I'm not looking forward to this weekend.

And close the Tobin? Seriously, what a stupid thing to say. Please go through this board and find me one Terrier fan that thought BU was going to go undefeated until BUPhd just posted. No one is panicking. Am I disappointed? Absolutely. I flew out there to watch both games and it would've been awesome to see a split. Maybe in my lifetime I will see a Terrier hockey team that knows how to win a stupid face off when they go on a power play. Seriously, they could win every face off even strength and short handed and it will still annoy the bejesus out of me that they can't seem to win a face off at the start of a power play.

Comment

I just love it when bc and bu get into it over some moronic subject. Even better when uhn starts raising banners for no apparent reason and pc fans I mean the one pc fan picks alternator talk over engaging said arguing fans. Meanwhile umlolol and the pretenders from bb nation bide their time waiting for an opening. Only thing more captivating has to be upcoming election of bernie. Oh and scarlet the q easily could have had two losses from the weekend, or just as easily could have swept dabears right out, was that close. Their locals seem to think their d is suspect. I say theyre either not conditioned or they get lazier as the game goes on, same thing . Luck with them. Still a solid team. With all those first rounders shud be nonproblemo for youse
                      Last edited by all bear; 10-17-2016, 05:31 AM.
                      sure why not

Comment

I'm just happy to hear "the old girl was rockin'" again. Red may need to seek medical attention if it lasts longer than 4 hours.

Comment

Ya but sweeping cc is like beating up Perkins school for the blind
                          That's unfair! Even a blind person can make a save or two!!!
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Ya but sweeping cc is like beating up Perkins school for the blind
                            Pressure is on now. BC plays CC next at home no less.

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                              and pc fans I mean the one pc fan picks alternator talk over engaging said arguing fans.
                              *slow clap*

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                              -Blackadder
                              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                              -Casablanca
                              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I really like this conference.
                                You guys are great, and the banter is prime

Comment

Working...
                                X