X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brice Alaska Goal Rush `16

Thomas/Anholt press conference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynYtDfx0WOs

Hopefully we can end this weekend not 0-4.
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Re: Brice Alaska Goal Rush `16

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post

Thanks for the link. I wasn't crazy about a lot that coach said. Especially his comment that "we were the better team Saturday". NOT.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      Thanks for the link. I wasn't crazy about a lot that coach said. Especially his comment that "we were the better team Saturday". NOT.
      That's why I disliked the video, there might have been one or two stretches of play for the whole weekend we were better, but the score was never in our favor at those times. Don't know why Thomas is delusional, we've actually been getting a lot of sun for the past two weeks.
      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Coach Thomas eventually said that they just got beat both nights. His comment about the “close corsi” stat indicating that they played even Friday night and were the better team Saturday just goes to prove almost everything we know about stats. But he was trying to pull some sort of positive comment for the news conference.

I’ve heard of corsi but never tried to understand it. Seems like an enhanced +/- indicator and an indicator of offensive zone posession. But corsi-close would only apply when you are within one goal of the other team. So not a good stat for either Friday or Saturday night. I guess they also have “corsi-ahead”, “corsi-even”, and “corsi-behind” stats. Not sure they have a “corsi-getting your butts kicked” stat.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
          Coach Thomas eventually said that they just got beat both nights. His comment about the “close corsi” stat indicating that they played even Friday night and were the better team Saturday just goes to prove almost everything we know about stats. But he was trying to pull some sort of positive comment for the news conference.

I’ve heard of corsi but never tried to understand it. Seems like an enhanced +/- indicator and an indicator of offensive zone posession. But corsi-close would only apply when you are within one goal of the other team. So not a good stat for either Friday or Saturday night. I guess they also have “corsi-ahead”, “corsi-even”, and “corsi-behind” stats. Not sure they have a “corsi-getting your butts kicked” stat.

Go Nooks!
          It was 2-0 pretty quick in both games, so yeah a useless stat. At least he is trying still.

Comment

Can't speak for UAA but if the 'Nooks can't handle the projected 10th place AHA finisher at home then we have problems. Omaha will be a nice benchmark for potential improvement.

I am still mad about losing to Canisius in 2012....Nooks dogged that game and it literally cost us an at-large NCAA berth at the end of the season. If we had won that game and finished with the rest of our record identical to what it was we would have been above the 16 line.

All in all I was happy with last weekend, shorties excepted. Tighten a few things up and we will be in decent shape.
            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
              Can't speak for UAA but if the 'Nooks can't handle the projected 10th place AHA finisher at home then we have problems.
              We should secure our first win, should.

Also, pretty sure this is new, but according to the UAA Press Release Varsity Sports Grill now shows all away hockey games. Avoid the halibut & chips, spinach dip, salads, and non-craft beers.

Comment

We should secure our first win, should.

Also, pretty sure this is new, but according to the UAA Press Release Varsity Sports Grill now shows all away hockey games. Avoid the halibut & chips, spinach dip, salads, and non-craft beers.
                American legion on Brayton also has all away games food at 6 on Friday. the legions worst parking spot is better than AAC best. cheap craft beer....

Also creative writing contest's during the game. Show off your skills. ............. be our guest.....

For all you mid-west budget fans. ...without charge water. ...... sweet.
                Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 10-12-2016, 06:38 PM.
                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                  Can't speak for UAA but if the 'Nooks can't handle the projected 10th place AHA finisher at home then we have problems. Omaha will be a nice benchmark for potential improvement.

I am still mad about losing to Canisius in 2012....Nooks dogged that game and it literally cost us an at-large NCAA berth at the end of the season. If we had won that game and finished with the rest of our record identical to what it was we would have been above the 16 line.

All in all I was happy with last weekend, shorties excepted. Tighten a few things up and we will be in decent shape.
                  Ha. And UA_ was predicted to come in 10th in the coaches poll.
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                    Ha. And UA_ was predicted to come in 10th in the coaches poll.
                    Lots of hockey left but it generally shows that preseason polls are useless.
                    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

So UNO lost their exhibition to Alberta. ***?

Comment

At this point I'm hoping we score more than 1 goal this weekend...
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          At this point I'm hoping we score more than 1 goal this weekend...
                          It has been my experience that you have to shoot the puck at the net to score goals.
                          Something this team didn't do last weekend.
                          Lots of cutesy 3rd and 4th passes before losing the puck.
                          Power play? You can pass the puck around the perimeter for 2 minutes but to score a goal the puck has to be shot at the net.
                          Not much sense in asking them to crash the net if nobodys going to shoot the puck.
                          JUST SHOOT THE FRIGGIN PUCK!
                          Yep that's said yelling in all caps.

Comment

Originally posted by thepuckluck View Post
                            It has been my experience that you have to shoot the puck at the net to score goals.
                            Something this team didn't do last weekend.
                            Lots of cutesy 3rd and 4th passes before losing the puck.
                            Power play? You can pass the puck around the perimeter for 2 minutes but to score a goal the puck has to be shot at the net.
                            Not much sense in asking them to crash the net if nobodys going to shoot the puck.
                            JUST SHOOT THE FRIGGIN PUCK!
                            Yep that's said yelling in all caps.
                            I've come to defend myself and other fans who for years have been yelling SHOOT, multiple reasons why we all do that.

Comment

Not happy with the result but UAA looked so much better than last weekend! Plenty of chances, solid penalty kill and they scored a PP goal.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                              X