• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI @ North Dakota, Saturday 10/15/16

discuss
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI @ North Dakota, Saturday 10/15/16

We gotta have a better 60-minute showing, dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      We gotta have a better 60-minute showing, dammit!
      Better than in 2011? Couldn't be much worse.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It's only been two games (not counting the exhibition), but so far, RPI's penalty kill is bringing back glowing memories of the days of Neil Hernberg and Terry Butryn, having killed every opponent's power play successfully while scoring two short-handed goals.

The rest of the story: when not short-handed, RPI has given up nine goals and scored one.

North Dakota may be quite happy this Saturday if the refs keep their penalty calls against RPI to a minimum.

Comment

Why is this only 1 game?
          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
            Why is this only 1 game?
            It's the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame game.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
              It's only been two games (not counting the exhibition), but so far, RPI's penalty kill is bringing back glowing memories of the days of Neil Hernberg and Terry Butryn, having killed every opponent's power play successfully while scoring two short-handed goals.

The rest of the story: when not short-handed, RPI has given up nine goals and scored one.

North Dakota may be quite happy this Saturday if the refs keep their penalty calls against RPI to a minimum.
              Yeah, North Dakota's power play looked a little ragged for most of this past weekend, although they did pick up two goals after starting the season something like 0-7 or 0-8 on the power play.

Homecoming weekend at North Dakota, and apparently the 100th Anniversary of the Homecoming celebration.

Not a lot of history between these two schools. By my count they've played only 9 games against one another, and four of them were played in the 1984 calendar year.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                It's the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame game.
                I should of known that. Thanks.
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  Yeah, North Dakota's power play looked a little ragged for most of this past weekend, although they did pick up two goals after starting the season something like 0-7 or 0-8 on the power play.

Homecoming weekend at North Dakota, and apparently the 100th Anniversary of the Homecoming celebration.

Not a lot of history between these two schools. By my count they've played only 9 games against one another, and four of them were played in the 1984 calendar year.
                  Yes, 9 is correct, and RPI's record is 1-8. The only victory came in the second of a two-game set early in the 1984-5 season.
                  Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-10-2016, 11:19 AM.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Yes, 9 is correct, and RPI's record is 1-8. The only victory came in the second of a two-game set early in the 1985-5 season.
                    I was at that series. Right around Thanksgiving, as I recall. UND won a wild game Friday, but got blown out Saturday. I think Friday's loss was the last for RPI that year. Terrific team.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I was at that series. Right around Thanksgiving, as I recall. UND won a wild game Friday, but got blown out Saturday. I think Friday's loss was the last for RPI that year. Terrific team.
                      Yes, second and last loss of the season. There was a tie against Lake State in the second of a two-game, total-goals, first round NCAA playoff series.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I know some RPI fans that still credit UND for teaching RPI how (what it takes) to win that weekend. They claim they saw RPI with an entirely new attitude after that weekend.

PS - As an alumnus, I can't lose this game. However, I'll be in green.
                        Last edited by The Sicatoka; 10-10-2016, 11:37 AM.
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Does anyone know if WRPI will be broadcasting the game?
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Does anyone know if WRPI will be broadcasting the game?
                            Yes, I know.
                            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                              Yes, I know.
                              Thank you, Jericho!

Comment

Working...
                              X