You Make The Call: Video of Controversial Calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Make The Call: Video of Controversial Calls

Here's a thread where fans can post questionable calls for everyone to view and/or comment.

I'll start with a play from last nights UAA v. Minnesota game. Dylan Hubbs received a 5 min major for the hit shown against Jake Bischoff which the WCHA refs called "Unnecessary Roughness". Edit: Sorry if the recording isn't the best ... it was recorded at 30 frames a sec (allegedly) but my machne is a 4 cylinder not a V8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgwT...ature=youtu.be

You Make The Call ...
    Last edited by uaafanblog; 10-08-2016, 04:39 PM.

Re: You Make The Call: Video of Controversial Calls

What's the controversy? Going full speed into the boards. Hubbs' left knee takes Bischoff's legs out from under him. 5 minute boarding, game misconduct. It's not a controversial call at all.

Comment

Wait, how do think that isn't boarding?

Comment

Heck, it was borderline CFB. I could see why they'd call it the way they did.

Comment

Definitely not controversial.

Comment

Of course a Maine player just did this to one of ours, and only got two...

Comment

When I saw the play on the stream I thought it was a case of Hubbs getting better position using that to his advantage to bump the guy down. It seemed at the time to me that it wasn't a major since there was no contact to the head nor was it a CFB. Since there was no replay shown during the game I thought, "oh I'll screencap that tomorrow and post it .." then after I did that and watched it I was still unsure if it deserved a 5 and thought maybe a 2 min for tripping was reasonable. Then I thought ... why not make a You Make The Call thread and get unbiased opins. So I did. I wasn't trying to imply this example was some sort of hugely controversial call. But having a thread on board for controversial calls might be good and act as some sort of season long repository.

Anyway ... it sure wasn't boarding or charging or CFB or CTH. At this point I'm ok with the 5 min major. But it's goofy to call it "unnecessary roughness". A 5 for roughing as a call is ok ... even though there wasn't any intent on Hubbs part.

Comment

Boarding or CFB.
                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

5 min for boarding. From that angle it looked like the check went into the Gopher's side, not his back.
                  BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Working...
                  X