This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

There are currently regular seats being sold on the agganis website so I wouldn't buy SRO.

ETA: I took a look at stubhub after you piqued my interest. There are people on there that think they are going to get over $100 a ticket for this game? Are you sh -- itt - ing me?!
    Last edited by Tater; 01-09-2017, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
      There are currently regular seats being sold on the agganis website so I wouldn't buy SRO.

ETA: I took a look at stubhub after you piqued my interest. There are people on there that think they are going to get over $100 a ticket for this game? Are you sh -- itt - ing me?!
      Fortunately we looked at the BU site before pulling the trigger on StubHub and snagged three in section 120. I agree - can't believe there are people who think that kind of market exists for this game! It's not even technically sold out yet!

Thanks for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
        It's not even technically sold out yet!

Thanks for the input.
        I think I have a better chance of discovering the secrets of black holes than figuring out how Agganis sells tickets. It has been "sold out" for quite some time - no tickets available on the website. Now they are beginning to release random tickets and the whole 107 section (which has almost fully sold out). If past practice applies, they will soon open up 109 and maybe 108.

Comment

I think I have a better chance of discovering the secrets of black holes than figuring out how Agganis sells tickets. It has been "sold out" for quite some time - no tickets available on the website. Now they are beginning to release random tickets and the whole 107 section (which has almost fully sold out). If past practice applies, they will soon open up 109 and maybe 108.
          Those are student sections and the students will not be back in school yet
          Supposedly not going to play BC during vacation going forward
          Regarding tV- Certainly less games on Television but many more streaming options for free including BU
          Tomorrow night PC-Yale is streamed on ESPN3

Comment

Agganis has just opened up all of 119 if you are looking for tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
              Those are student sections and the students will not be back in school yet
              Technically student sections, but besides 108, I haven't seen students there in years. In any case, students are out and they know students don't need those tickets.

Comment

Agganis has just opened up all of 119 if you are looking for tickets.
                Wish I had waited a day! Got row Q in 120; I assume that's pretty close to the top. Row B in 119 is available right now for the same price.

Comment

Technically student sections, but besides 108, I haven't seen students there in years. In any case, students are out and they know students don't need those tickets.
                  Unfortunately, unlike previous winter break BC games, there will be nearly zero students on campus so I'd expect 117 and 119 to be open to the public. At least the past few years the game occurred on the weekend everyone started coming back and the dorms were open. Classes don't start until next Thursday so there won't be anyone on campus and the dorms are all likely closed. Shame the premiere home game is scheduled then.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Wish I had waited a day! Got row Q in 120; I assume that's pretty close to the top. Row B in 119 is available right now for the same price.
                    I would postulate that Row Q has a better view than Row B, but that's just me. The seating bowl is fairly steep.

Comment

Kelley suspended for a game according to Mike McMahon. Not sure if he's even in your full lineup but he will miss Friday's game. something from the UMass game that went uncalled.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Kelley suspended for a game according to Mike McMahon. Not sure if he's even in your full lineup but he will miss Friday's game. something from the UMass game that went uncalled.
                        Yeah, he hit a UMass guy from behind into the boards and it went uncalled. Probably should've been 5 and a game so not surprising the league tacked that one on.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Wow, I am surprised. It was a hit from behind that probably should've been called and for some reason the refs missed it. If it had been called, it wouldn't have been anywhere close to meriting a one game suspension on top of the penalty. That is disappointing that they can go back and suspend him for something like that - "our refs screwed up so you have to sit out a full game." That is garbage.

Comment

Seems to happen more and more when calls are missed in-game. I understand what you're saying about now missing a full game but not sure how else they could hand out punishment for things they deem worthy of a game misconduct.

Comment

Row Q is the last row, at least in my section. If you want a good cardio workout, take the seats in the second row! The pitch is steep enough that walking up and down those stairs should be enough exercise for the day!

Comment

You'll have a MUCH better view of the game from your seat than from the second row of 119.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X