This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

And i didn't see why adam gilmour left BC and he was taken in 4th round. Fact is it happens and seems to be happening more and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
      Greenway is ready physically. While improving, he still needs to work on his scoring touch a bit. One more year should do it.
      He needs to get on Mike Grier's wrist exercise routine. #QuickerHandsAroundTheNetWinsTheDay
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
        Maybe I am a pessimist but I just don't really see these guys playing in the NHL next year, outside of Greenway and Keller. McAvoy is good and will definitely have a nice career in the NHL but next year? I don't see it. I definitely don't see why Hickey would leave.
        I think McAvoy will start in Providence but I don't expect him to be there very long.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Feature on Chad Krys:
          http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...um-david-quinn
          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            I think McAvoy will start in Providence but I don't expect him to be there very long.
            I look at it this way - Grizz is a better player right now than Charlie, and he can't crack the Bruins' lineup. Maybe a year from now McAvoy will be better than him, but I don't know. Certainly the year after, I would assume.

Shattenkirk had a much better sophomore year than Charlie is having and Shattenkirk stayed for another year and even then didn't immediately play in the NHL.

Comment

Charlie also turned 19 two or three weeks ago, so he's much further behind in terms of age progression than any of the guys we're comparing him with, he was the youngest player in the country last year and is literally as young as you can be to be in his class. He's got boatloads of raw talent that's beginning to develop. Hopefully he doesn't leave before it's right for him and so he has the proper amount of time here to develop into a pro-ready player.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Line-up
                Cloonan-JFK-Carpenter
                Olsson-Curry-Roberto
                Andren-Chabot-Phelps
                McDermott-Kelley
                Hickey-McLeod
                Somerby-Switzer
                Krys-Diffley
                LaCouvee

Expect Union to come out fast and hard, score earlier to force BU to play catch up.
                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

It would be an achievement if BU only loses this game by 2 goals. Go USA!
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    It would be an achievement if BU only loses this game by 2 goals. Go USA!
                    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                      Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!?!
                      ...He's rolling...

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                        I look at it this way - Grizz is a better player right now than Charlie, and he can't crack the Bruins' lineup. Maybe a year from now McAvoy will be better than him, but I don't know. Certainly the year after, I would assume.

Shattenkirk had a much better sophomore year than Charlie is having and Shattenkirk stayed for another year and even then didn't immediately play in the NHL.
                        Here is what I see as the biggest difference: Grizz's best skillset was always getting the puck up ice, which is tough to do in the NHL if you can't get the puck in the first place. McAvoy stands out in his ability to get the puck away from the other team, calmly pivot and look for a play up ice. Is he NHL ready with that skill? I'd say he is not far off at this point. And let's face it, his physical presence and the intimidation it can create is a heck of an asset for a team to have.
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Comparing shattenkirk to mcavoy development wise isn't entirely valid. Unless it was just a BC thing last year, guys are leaving earlier than you expect. More pressure from their NHL teams? Don't know.

Comment

Add in the b's dmen blow chunks right now
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Who's chunks?
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

That was awesome! JFK in OT!

Comment

Working...
                                X