X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
    Mike Morreale ‏@mikemorrealeNHL 18m18 minutes ago
    Not a big surprise. Too bad for him, but good for BU. We've going to be thin all around against Union, so having his skill in that game will certainly help.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Not a bad first game for the BU boys. Nice to see Harper get the ball rolling. He looked like he belonged with that group, I suspect he will play every game. Not sure Oettinger is going to get into any games. But hopefully he does.

Comment

BU might have only one goaltender for Union game.
        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
          Are the World Juniors guys "out" for the Union game? What are the rules for getting them back to Boston? If I own a plane can I go pick them up in Montreal or Toronto? Is there any precedent for canceling a game when 7 players are missing?
          Tom T.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmtroiano View Post
            Are the World Juniors guys "out" for the Union game? What are the rules for getting them back to Boston? If I own a plane can I go pick them up in Montreal or Toronto? Is there any precedent for canceling a game when 7 players are missing?
            lol
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

i'm sure the selection cmte will take the 7 missing guys into account when they fill the ncaa tournament. no worries...
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

One has to wonder, though....let's say the US is out of Gold Medal contention (perhaps playing for the bronze), and Oettinger hasn't played a single minute, would it be unheard of for Quinn to ask Bob if Jake could come back early? Going into a game with only one goalie is not a good situation. I can see that if the US is playing for Gold, you don't want to rob Jake of the opportunity to celebrate with his teammates. But if Gold is not feasible?

Comment

Does BU have a club team? BC has had to "call up" a club goalie on occasion over the years.

With parsons playing today and woll as backup, not really sure oettinger will get any PT.

Comment

They do. Jake Moscatel came from the club team. I knew Max was going to play in the NAHL, for some reason I thought he wasn't leaving till after the Union game.

Comment

Here is a link to the virtual BU Hockey infomercial that ran during the second intermission last night.

https://twitter.com/NHLNetwork/statu...86140535205889

Comment

FWIW, BU tweeted a photo from yesterday's team practice that shows two goalies. Hard to tell if Prawdzik is one of them. https://twitter.com/TerrierHockey/st...76297157464064

Heard that Quinn indicated Prawdzik will return in the fall and that a third goalie for second semester would be someone already on campus. Of the three club team goalies, one, Chris Carley, is listed on Elite Prospects. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=298878

Since, Prawdzik is headed to the same NAHL team Andren played for last season, is he the "player to be named later" in that player acquisition?
                        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Update: the new back-up goalie isn't from the club team but is a second semester enrollee, Nico Lynch from Barnstable. And Prawdzik plans to return in the fall with sophomore eligibility.
                          http://goterriers.com/news/2016/12/3...ns-roster.aspx
                          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

While it's annoying that Frozen Fenway caused the Union game to be moved from Saturday to Thursday, conflicting with a potential gold medal showdown at the WJCs, after watching the weather and the possible snow on Friday, I'm kinda glad the game is Thursday. /run on sentence

Looks to be cleared up by Saturday but cold. Still undecided about going.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              While it's annoying that Frozen Fenway caused the Union game to be moved from Saturday to Thursday, conflicting with a potential gold medal showdown at the WJCs, after watching the weather and the possible snow on Friday, I'm kinda glad the game is Thursday. /run on sentence

Looks to be cleared up by Saturday but cold. Still undecided about going.
                              Ch7 claims "light snow" Friday
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Props to BU/Ticketmaster for honest advertising. The email I got about buying tickets for Thursday features Shane Switzer

Comment

Working...
                                X