This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

MacLean (hurt) and Bellows out, Diffley and Switzer in.

Comment

All i heard from all my BU friends was this team would dominate and would beat some NHL teams prior to the season. Just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
        All i heard from all my BU friends was this team would dominate and would beat some NHL teams prior to the season. Just saying...
        Then your BU friends weren't very knowledgeable about the team. The team lost a ton of scoring from last year. Unless you have an Eichel, relying on freshmen to carry the team is going to take at least some growing pains. Nevermind that arguably the most talented freshman missed a month of play.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
          Then your BU friends weren't very knowledgeable about the team. The team lost a ton of scoring from last year. Unless you have an Eichel, relying on freshmen to carry the team is going to take at least some growing pains. Nevermind that arguably the most talented freshman missed a month of play.
          They are actually pretty knowledgable and they had some pretty good data to go on when the team has 11 NHL draft picks on the team. BU will get better as the season progresses but the expectations were sky high to begin with that much talent.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
            Heading up for the game on Tuesday, coming in on Mass Pike, any tips on parking? Probably won't have time to pre-game. Thanks. Hope to arrive by 6:30pm.
            You want to park right at Agganis Arena. You will be heading west on Commonwealth Av. Just follow the signs. Its a fantastic Arena.
            http://www.agganisarena.com/plan-your-visit/parking/
            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

They are actually pretty knowledgable and they had some pretty good data to go on when the team has 11 NHL draft picks on the team. BU will get better as the season progresses but the expectations were sky high to begin with that much talent.
              well most nhl teams have more than 11 draft picks on their roster
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

One of those games tonight.. UVM looks like it had the better of the play for part of the game but couldn't buy a goal and BU rolled.. BU looked better Friday but UVM ground it out.. 2 good teams but you have way more talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                  You want to park right at Agganis Arena. You will be heading west on Commonwealth Av. Just follow the signs. Its a fantastic Arena.
                  http://www.agganisarena.com/plan-your-visit/parking/
                  If you want to park for free and are willing to walk 3-4 blocks, you can park on Babcock St. south of Comm Ave (in Brookline). How far down you have to go before you find a spot depends on how early you get there. There are lots of driveways, and different types of parking signs, but by and large most of the "No Parking" signs don't apply by the time you would be arriving.

I've parked here for 20+ years and only once have I wished I didn't (the monsoon that was going on after this years Sacred Heart game).

You just can't park overnight.
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

There was certainly a high level of enthusiasm with the recruiting class. One tweeter likes the "31st NHL Team" hashtag. But most BU fans are smart enough to know that nothing is guaranteed. And we've seen the team up the street do what they are doing this year many times (exceed expectations when they are supposed to be rebuilding).

This team is still figuring itself out. I'm confident they will compete for hardware. That's all I can ask.
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

BU Pride Baby!

"Is this the Best Hockey Radio Call of All Time?" #ComedyGold

http://www.barstoolsports.com/boston...l-of-all-time/
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                        BU Pride Baby!

"Is this the Best Hockey Radio Call of All Time?" #ComedyGold

http://www.barstoolsports.com/boston...l-of-all-time/
                        Stoopid work firewall. Will have to wait till I get home.

Anyone going tomorrow night? Will Bellows dress? How is Yale? I haven't been paying attention. I'm more concerned with getting there in time to secure my Boni-gnome!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Anyone going tomorrow night? Will Bellows dress? How is Yale? I haven't been paying attention. I'm more concerned with getting there in time to secure my Boni-gnome!
                          I'm planning on going tomorrow. Have not followed Yale, but at a glance I'm thinking they are having a bit of a down year. 41st in PWR and their only wins have come against RPI, Holy Cross and Sacred Heart.

Comment

Stoopid work firewall. Will have to wait till I get home.

Yale doesn't look that good, wins over RPI (2), Sacred Heart, and Holy Cross, all of whom are very bad.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              I'm planning on going tomorrow. Have not followed Yale, but at a glance I'm thinking they are having a bit of a down year. 41st in PWR and their only wins have come against RPI, Holy Cross and Sacred Heart.
                              Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              Yale doesn't look that good, wins over RPI (2), Sacred Heart, and Holy Cross, all of whom are very bad.
                              So if all goes according to form, their goalie will play lights out and we will have a very difficult time. Good to know.

I'd add a smiley here but worry this will actually happen.

Comment

So if all goes according to form, their goalie will play lights out and we will have a very difficult time. Good to know.

I'd add a smiley here but worry this will actually happen.
                                Pretty much. A 2-0 loss with an empty net goal at the end sounds about right.

Is my sandbagging improving?

Comment

Working...
                                X