X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    Greenway-JFK-Harper have 4-10-14 in 5 games together. Harper-Keller-Greenway had 8-12-20 in 4 games together and Bellows-JFK-Carpenter had 5-5-10 in 5 games together. I would like to see those lines back together if Keller can play this weekend and then go from there.

Sean
    Agree, Harper-Keller-Greenway was a lethal line.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Some more stats. Scoring between last season and this season after after 14 games:
      Returning Players
      Carpenter
      15-16 - 14g, 2-2-4
      16-17 - 14g, 2-5-7
      Hickey
      15-16 - 14g, 4-2-6
      16-17 - 14g, 2-4-6
      Diffley
      15-16 - 10g, 0-2-2
      16-17 - 4g, 0-0-0
      McAvoy
      15-16 - 13g, 1-5-6
      16-17 - 14g, 1-11-12
      Phelps
      15-16 - 13g, 2-0-2
      16-17 - 4g, 0-0-0
      Somerby
      15-16 - 14g, 3-5-8
      16-17 - 14g, 0-2-2
      JFK
      15-16 - 14g,4-9-13
      16-17 - 14g, 3-10-13
      MacLoed
      15-16 - 13g, 1-0-1
      16-17 - 12g, 0-4-4
      Greenway
      15-16 - 14g, 1-2-3
      16-17 - 13g, 6-7-13
      Olsson
      15-16 - 10g, 0-3-3
      16-17 - 7g, 2-2-4
      Cloonan
      15-16 - 14g, 4-6-10
      16-17 - 9g, 0-0-0
      Switzer
      15-16 - 3g, 0-0-0
      16-17 - 1g, 0-0-0
      Kelley
      15-16 - 3g, 0-0-0
      16-17 - 12g, 1-1-2

Lost Players
      Greer - 14g, 1-3-4
      Oksanen - 14g, 7-6-13
      Fortunato - 13g, 3-7-10
      O'Regan - 14g, 4-13-17
      Grzelcyk - 6g, 2-3-5
      Lane - 14g, 4-3-7
      Moran - 14g, 0-2-2
      Baillargeon - 14g, 2-2-4

New Players
      Krys - 14g, 1-1-2
      Keller - 7g, 5-4-9
      Fabbro - 14g, 3-3-6
      Chabot - 12g, 1-2-3
      McDermott - 9g, 0-1-1
      Bellows - 14g, 4-1-5
      Roberto - 14g, 3-3-6
      Curry - 14g, 2-4-6
      Harper - 14g, 6-11-17

Also, the top 2 lines have been pretty even this season:
      1st line - 13-21-34
      2nd line - 15-21-36
      3rd line - 5-6-11
      4th line - 2-4-6

Overall freshman have accounted for 22 of 42 goals (52.4%), while sophomores have accounted for 12 goals (28.6%, just off their 29% freshman percentage). Even the seniors 9.5% is just off their junior pecentage of 9.7%.

Sean
      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
      BU Hockey highlights and extras
      NCAA Hockey Financials
      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
        Greenway-JFK-Harper have 4-10-14 in 5 games together. Harper-Keller-Greenway had 8-12-20 in 4 games together and Bellows-JFK-Carpenter had 5-5-10 in 5 games together. I would like to see those lines back together if Keller can play this weekend and then go from there.

Sean
        If Keller is good to go this weekend I expect the lines to be:

Greenway - Keller - Harper
        Bellows - JFK - Carpenter
        Olsson - Curry - Roberto
        Andren - Cloonan - Chabot

I was told Kelley's lower-body injury is an ankle sprain.

Comment

How are we feeling about this weekend?
          Vermont has been doing better than expected this season and currently sit 9-3-2

Should be a good matchup.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post
            How are we feeling about this weekend?
            Vermont has been doing better than expected this season and currently sit 9-3-2

Should be a good matchup.

Thoughts?
            For VT is starts with goaltending.. UVM can go 4 lines deep so the scoring is balanced.. no superstars per say but no real drop off either. They are missing a few key players but depth is good overall so not sure how big a deal that will be.

It's streamed live for free.. not a great feed but decent enough.

Comment

Keller returns, centering the second line, with Bellows playing the off-wing.

Harper -JFK-Carpenter
              Greenway-Keller-Bellows
              Olsson-Curry-Roberto
              Andrén-Cloonan-Chabot
              Hickey-McAvoy
              Krys-Fabbro
              Somerby-MacLeod
              Oettinger
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
                For VT is starts with goaltending.. UVM can go 4 lines deep so the scoring is balanced.. no superstars per say but no real drop off either. They are missing a few key players but depth is good overall so not sure how big a deal that will be.

It's streamed live for free.. not a great feed but decent enough.
                (Saving mookie the trouble) se
                Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Geez you guys have skills.. and some bad officiating to go with it to help..

Comment

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
                    Geez you guys have skills.. and some bad officiating to go with it to help..
                    And more bad officiating.. your guy was next to the puck and you get called for icing?

Comment

This team gets more and more pathetic every time they step on the ice. Can't complete a pass to save their lives, poor decisions, bad turnovers. Unless something drastically changes ASAP, they ****ed away what could've been a good season. I for one can't wait until Quinn goes to the NHL. Good riddance.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                        This team gets more and more pathetic every time they step on the ice. Can't complete a pass to save their lives, poor decisions, bad turnovers. Unless something drastically changes ASAP, they ****ed away what could've been a good season. I for one can't wait until Quinn goes to the NHL. Good riddance.
                        To be fair Vermont is a decent team and has a say in what happens on the ice.. to me it looked more like effort as BU def. has the skills..

Comment

To be fair Vermont is a decent team and has a say in what happens on the ice.. to me it looked more like effort as BU def. has the skills..
                          I'm not talking about winning or losing. I'm talking about the way BU plays. Individual players have skill; Quinn does a pretty good job developing individual players. They do NOT play together as a team, they do not play tough, they are not difficult to play against. Highly skilled players making very poor decisions.

Comment

I'm not talking about winning or losing. I'm talking about the way BU plays. Individual players have skill; Quinn does a pretty good job developing individual players. They do NOT play together as a team, they do not play tough, they are not difficult to play against. Highly skilled players making very poor decisions.
                            I agree with the not as a team and tough part. No one seems to want to go into the corners and grind it out. That is where UVM won the game.

Comment

I agree with the not as a team and tough part. No one seems to want to go into the corners and grind it out. That is where UVM won the game.
                              The most infuriating stuff is when there are five BU players back in their zone, one UVM player, and the BU guy with the puck passes it directly to the UVM player who is standing in front of one BU player. What was wrong with the three other options? Can they not think, or are they not allowed to deviate from where Quinn told them to pass it on the breakout?

I have been very critical of the PP previously. The first two tonight had a lot more puck movement and players moving without the puck. They scored twice. The rest of the power plays went right back to the textbook, scripted passing and a lot of stagnant standing around. They need to start making plays but at if they can't do it at this point, I don't see anything changing.

Comment

The most infuriating stuff is when there are five BU players back in their zone, one UVM player, and the BU guy with the puck passes it directly to the UVM player who is standing in front of one BU player. What was wrong with the three other options? Can they not think, or are they not allowed to deviate from where Quinn told them to pass it on the breakout?

I have been very critical of the PP previously. The first two tonight had a lot more puck movement and players moving without the puck. They scored twice. The rest of the power plays went right back to the textbook, scripted passing and a lot of stagnant standing around. They need to start making plays but at if they can't do it at this point, I don't see anything changing.

I can see your frustration... UVM hasn't had anywhere near that talent level ever. Last time we were close (ish) was St. Louis, Perrin and Thomas (Ruid as well but he had St Louis and Perrin on his line.) Those 1st 2 PP tonight were very nice by BU.. it was when UVM kept grinding it out and finishing checks that the tide turned. Also that 4th line of UVM.. no one great line but 4 solid ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X