This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

- Re: Fortunato - Bomber, Sean, Scarlet and others on this board know what they speak of. A very reliable source connected to the program indicated that it was not a playing time issue.
    - As Sean noted in an earlier post, saying Baillargeon never really got a chance under Quinn is ludicrous. His production went down, not his opportunity to produce. Same with AJ Greer, Sam Kurker, and others. In some cases, a change of scenery does the trick (Greer). In others, it doesn't (Kurker). It happens in the NHL too (see Leclair, John for a prime example).
    - I suspect the team will continue to struggle to get a lot of offense until Keller returns. Hopefully he will be back soon. I wonder if the injury will keep him out of the WJCs. That would stink for him.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Hey guys. Is the Harvard game televised online via BU? Just wondering if there is a way to watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
        - Re: Fortunato - Bomber, Sean, Scarlet and others on this board know what they speak of. A very reliable source connected to the program indicated that it was not a playing time issue.
        - As Sean noted in an earlier post, saying Baillargeon never really got a chance under Quinn is ludicrous. His production went down, not his opportunity to produce. Same with AJ Greer, Sam Kurker, and others. In some cases, a change of scenery does the trick (Greer). In others, it doesn't (Kurker). It happens in the NHL too (see Leclair, John for a prime example).
        - I suspect the team will continue to struggle to get a lot of offense until Keller returns. Hopefully he will be back soon. I wonder if the injury will keep him out of the WJCs. That would stink for him.
        Fortunato started out committed to Harvard and is now going to finish his career at and presumably receive a degree from Quinnipiac. No offesne to Quinny, but if I were his parents, talk about a kick where it hurts!

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
          Hey guys. Is the Harvard game televised online via BU? Just wondering if there is a way to watch it.
          Yes, free stream through BU. There should be a link on the website on the schedule page.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
            So then what happened? Just interesting that it's only coming up here (or anywhere) now when i seem to recall the talk at the time centered around playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              So then what happened? Just interesting that it's only coming up here (or anywhere) now when i seem to recall the talk at the time centered around playing time.
              Not everything needs to be dragged out into the public. The timing is not "interesting", the possible issue was talked about off of this board some time ago. I wish Fortunato well and he will be a valuable player for Quinnipiac next year.

Comment

Maybe not to you oh holy one but to me it is. Defkit can answer if he/she wants, doesn't need a personal bodyguard. If not, so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Maybe not to you oh holy one but to me it is. Defkit can answer if he/she wants, doesn't need a personal bodyguard. If not, so be it.
                  Good lord, that was a quick reply. Were you hanging out on this board salivating for some dirt on Fortunato? Were you this inquisitive about the reasons why Motherwell and O'Hanley were kicked off the BC team?

Not defending Defkit, just stating an opinion like anyone else on this board. I didn't realize only he was allowed to respond to your post.

Comment

Actually, at first I didn't really care what exactly happened. Just that I thought it was interesting Sean mentioned off ice issues when at the time I don't recall hearing that/reading about it. Yes, I know. You don't find it interesting. As more and more people claim to know what happened, yes, now I am a little intrigued as to what happened. But still more curious about the off ice vs. on ice issue in general not necessarily the specifics of what happened. Certainly not gonna ruin my Thanksgiving if any of the alleged in the know folks don't care to share what they claim to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Actually, at first I didn't really care what exactly happened. Just that I thought it was interesting Sean mentioned off ice issues when at the time I don't recall hearing that/reading about it. Yes, I know. You don't find it interesting. As more and more people claim to know what happened, yes, now I am a little intrigued as to what happened. But still more curious about the off ice vs. on ice issue in general not necessarily the specifics of what happened. Certainly not gonna ruin my Thanksgiving if any of the alleged in the know folks don't care to share what they claim to know.
                      "Don't care to share?" LOL. Why on earth is it any of your business? You don't even support/follow/whatever BU. I can't understand why it's such of concern of yours? If you want to know, why don't you reach out to Coach Quinn and ask him yourself? And you don't have to rush back here to post it.

For the record - this is the first I've heard that Fortunato's departure was due to off-ice issues, rather than a decision made because of playing time. I can easily find that out. And I will not feel compelled to come here and share it with anyone here, least of all, a BC fan who thinks he is owed an explanation for anything related to BU team issues.

Comment

How did you get that I think I am owed an explanation out of my post? Selective reading at its finest.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          If you want to know, why don't you reach out to Coach Quinn and ask him yourself? And you don't have to rush back here to post it.
                          I was actually going to suggest that J.D. pony up the $2,500 and join the Coach's Cabinet!

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                            He is? First I've heard that too. We don't expect MacLeod to put up lots of scoring so this line is solid for him. Perhaps more importantly, he only has six penalties on the year and only one in his past six games. If it's true that he's injured that's not an insignificant loss, Diffley looked out of sorts on Saturday. MacLeod's had a really solid year so far.
                            I thought I found out from the blog. Did I hear it in person? Can't remember now, but it was a minor ongoing injury that he was playing through and they gave him some time to rest and recuperate.

I like being able to rotate Diffley and MacLeod in depending on what they need. More offensive upside, Diffley plays. If they need more defense and physical play, put MacLeod in. Of course if the team is going to play like they did on Saturday, we might as well put Switzer in.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                              I like being able to rotate Diffley and MacLeod in depending on what they need. More offensive upside, Diffley plays. If they need more defense and physical play, put MacLeod in. Of course if the team is going to play like they did on Saturday, we might as well put Switzer in.
                              I have been very happy with MacLeod's play this season and thought he was missed on Saturday. The Michigan announcers mentioned several times that they thought BU's defensemen didn't want to play defense, just offense and it seemed that way against UConn.

Sean
                              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                              BU Hockey highlights and extras
                              NCAA Hockey Financials
                              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

For the record - the source I heard didn't indicate there were "off ice issues". Just that it wasn't about playing time.
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X