Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

How was that Sun Devil pie? You must have had the Dust Devil pie. Or just one of our famous Dust storms

Proud Grandpa of Haley,Adam & Luke
    A Retired shop teacher and proud of it (35 years )

OSWEGO STATE Almost class of 1973

OSWEGO STATE LAKERS 2007 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    Oswego, from the Indian Oshwakee, "the flowing out of the waters."
    Arizona State Class of 1974
    ASU THE ACHA D1 2014 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    Arizona based on the Pima Indian word arizonac, meaning "little spring place."

Comment

Ugh...we let a 4-2 win slip away...to a 1-8 team...Liam B is prob out... Fire it up WIS!!!
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Irishdave View Post
        How was that Sun Devil pie? You must have had the Dust Devil pie. Or just one of our famous Dust storms
        Let's not get too excited now. The play leading up the winning goal should have been whistled dead with an injured player on the ice. Horrible officiating.

But hey, a win's a win. Congrats. If your boys beat BC tomorrow, I'll buy into your "pie" comment. Somehow, I don't see that happening though.
        UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
          asu 5-4.....😡
          O Canada! Our home and native land!.....
          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
            Let's not get too excited now. The play leading up the winning goal should have been whistled dead with an injured player on the ice. Horrible officiating.

But hey, a win's a win. Congrats. If your boys beat BC tomorrow, I'll buy into your "pie" comment. Somehow, I don't see that happening though.
            So you really hedge your bet Playing the #3 team. I won't be surprised if BC's score will be in double digits

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
              O Canada! Our home and native land!.....

O Canada! Our home and native land!
              True patriot love in all thy sons command.
              With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
              The True North strong and free!
              From far and wide, O Canada,
              We stand on guard for thee.
              God keep our land, glorious and free!
              O Canada, we stand on guard for thee;
              O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

And you only have to play them once

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishdave View Post

O Canada! Our home and native land!
                True patriot love in all thy sons command.
                With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
                The True North strong and free!
                From far and wide, O Canada,
                We stand on guard for thee.
                God keep our land, glorious and free!
                O Canada, we stand on guard for thee;
                O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

And you only have to play them once
                That's probably a good thing at this point!
                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  Didn't see it, but here is the rule regarding stopping play for an injured player...

When a player is injured and unable to continue play or go to the bench,
                  play shall not be stopped until the injured player’s team has secured
                  possession of the puck. If the player’s team is in possession of the puck at
                  the time of injury, play shall be stopped immediately, unless that team is in
                  a scoring position.
                  When it is obvious that a player has sustained a serious injury, an on-ice
                  official may stop play immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                    Ugh...we let a 4-2 win slip away...to a 1-8 team...Liam B is prob out... Fire it up WIS!!!
                    Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                    You give the impression that you are a Presidential Pollster....😀
                    Bentley ... Sacred Heart ... Arizona Football State ... yeah, Monday's latest edition is likely going to be scathing ...
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

And that's why you can't have nice things!
                      Originally posted by mookie1995
                      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                        Didn't see it, but here is the rule regarding stopping play for an injured player...
                        Thank you for finding this I was looking for the same thing.

People who were complaining about the no whistle should realize that we never should have been in the position. Losing a 2 goal lead late to this team is a new low.

Today should be the last game Umile coaches. This program is officially lost in direction without leadership. Write the check say thank you and move on

Comment

Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
                          Seriously, fire Dick Umile yesterday!
                          And do what? Let's give the Coaches a chance to see what they can do, rather than rushing the next decision. If Mike was promised a three year run to prove himself before a decision, he should be afforded that.

“(Souza) will have an opportunity to succeed me and take over the program,” Umile said. “That will be the transition going forward. (Athletic director) Marty (Scarano) makes the decisions. Mike knew that by coming back with us he’d have that opportunity when I retire and my career is over. Obviously, I have three years left before that. I’m excited about it. I’ll finish my career coaching at UNH.”
                          “I love UNH,” said Souza, a native of Wakefield, Mass. “I always have. I’m honored that Marty and Coach feel that strongly about me. The opportunity to come back is very humbling. We want to compete for a national championship. That’s our ultimate goal. It has been forever. I don’t think we’re that far off.”
                          However, the chance to return to his alma mater as the heir apparent to Umile was too enticing.
                          “That’s sort of how it was presented to me,” Souza said. “It had to be pretty persuasive for me to leave UConn. Hopefully, if things go well and we continue to win, I’ll get that opportunity when Coach does retire. Obviously, that weighed into my decision. I had a lot of responsibilities at Connecticut in terms of coaching, and if I came back I had to have the same opportunity.”
                          Last edited by NCAA watcher; 11-13-2016, 06:20 AM.
                          The Souza record:
                          15-16 10th place
                          16-17 10th place
                          17-18 11th place
                          18-19 8th place
                          19-20 9th place
                          20-21 10th place
                          21-22 9th place
                          22-23 10th place

Comment

BTW, noticed that Arizona State got two goals from freshman defenseman Brinson Pashniruk, who was a late free agent when he decommitted from Vermont
                            Quote Originally Posted by NCAA watcher 01-29-2016
                            Bronson Pinchot available on D.
                            and two assists from Robbie Baillargeon, a New England transfer who would have been immediately eligible
                            Quote Originally Posted by NCAA watcher 04-22-2016
                            Agree that it's too late, unless they can convince Baillargeon to finish up here for a year. Would be a nice upgrade.
                            The Souza record:
                            15-16 10th place
                            16-17 10th place
                            17-18 11th place
                            18-19 8th place
                            19-20 9th place
                            20-21 10th place
                            21-22 9th place
                            22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by norbert View Post
                              People who were complaining about the no whistle should realize that we never should have been in the position. Losing a 2 goal lead late to this team is a new low.
                              Kind of the way I'm seeing it TBH.

Originally posted by norbert View Post
                              Today should be the last game Umile coaches. This program is officially lost in direction without leadership. Write the check say thank you and move on.
                              It would be extremely rare to see a guy with Coach Umile's tenure and history to be asked to walk the plank in midseason. Based on past history, I guess you'd have to exchange expletives with an insubordinate, underperforming player, and literally force that player's butt onto the bench to get the hook in midseason at UNH. Say what you will about the guy, but I don't see that happening with Coach Umile.

I've taken a deep breath and will wait to see how this afternoon's game goes before commenting further on long-range issues. But I'm guessing Tirone will be back in goal - of that I'm 99.99% certain. Unless Clark looks really strong in the warm-ups, of course.
                              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                                And do what? Let's give the Coaches a chance to see what they can do, rather than rushing the next decision. If Mike was promised a three year run to prove himself before a decision, he should be afforded that.
                                Give Souza his opportunity starting Monday, I'm Not sure Souza is the answer but this limbo caused by "The Albatross" is doing nothing useful for the short or long term success of this program. Let the bottom fall out now and hit the reset button. Don't be caught in sub-mediocrity for the next 1.5 years then have to deal with working in a new HC.

I know it will not happen, I just wish someone in a position to do something about this mess would realize that the situation is getting worse and actually do something about it. I know, that is asking a lot...

Comment

Working...
                                X