Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

As a former season ticket holder (20+ years) who also attended UNH during the dark days of the 80's, it pains me to see how far the team has fallen. It is almost as painful to see how the powers that be are responding to it ............. nothing but crickets!

If you are in business, can you imagine having a customer for over 20 years, they decide to walk out the door, and you not even picking up the phone to call and ask why and what can I do to correct the situation. Boggles the mind that UNH has made this all too real and has not taken a proactive approach to keep some asses in the seats until their "plan" starts to take affect.

Question: Does UNH have a business school? Obviously they do, because I see the nice shiny new building, but what the HELL are they teaching the kids? Pie in the sky BS or real world examples? Hey PTPaul Students, if you want to see how NOT to run your future business, just take a look at how the hockey program has fallen on its' face and the corrective steps taken to date by the CEO, CFO and VP of HR. Can you fathom this scenario ever being taught to students as a case study, and the conclusion is "ah, 3000+ paying customers walked out the door, but I am sure they will be back if we just keep the deck chairs clean while we wait for the Carpathia to arrive"???????

Extrapolate some numbers out and see the big picture. The Whitt seats 6500, but only 3500 (not close to the real number, but that is the "paid" attendance) seats are filled. 3000 empty seats x roughly $15 avg ticket = $ 45,000 per game x 15 home games = $675,000 in lost revenue. This does not take into account concessions and other in arena revenue. Do you think that maybe the companies paying for luxury boxes are getting bigger discounts than before, or maybe not even re-upping? How much dough do you think downtown Durham is losing with several thousand fewer potential customers driving along Main Street for food, drink or UNH gear?

Solution: pay DU early to take his golf game to Pease on a permanent basis (maybe the Library Dude also turned into a hockey fan late in life). Let MS take the reins and get this wagon train back on the trail or figure out quickly if he is not the proper Chief.

Do it NOW before the arena turns into the SITSOMEMORE Center, or even worse, NOONEGOESANYMORE Center.

Comment

Originally posted by sonar View Post
      I was at this game .... why I was standing behind the fencing at the "restroom" end of the arena I don't remember. Hope John Conroy was able to hitch a ride back to Newmarket after his organ gig. Who was he .... they ask?
      You guys are no fun ........ doesn't anyone remember John Conroy at the organ at Snively. Actually got the fans more involved then does the overbearing , noisy, commercialized, and did I say obnoxious super scoreboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Whalers View Post
        Can you fathom this scenario ever being taught to students as a case study, and the conclusion is "ah, 3000+ paying customers walked out the door, but I am sure they will be back if we just keep the deck chairs clean while we wait for the Carpathia to arrive"???????
        Sounds like a good plan to me.
        I went home with a waitress the way I always do
        How was I to know she was with the russians, too?

Comment

Hey Whalers being a Titanic fan your Carpathia ref was not lost on me nice touch btw....

Anyway all lines the same for tonight lets hope for smooth sailing...(couldn't resist)
          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Between EJ and Whalers' post, it looks like we've filled our Titanic metaphors quota for the evening.

Personally, I was a Melville guy so long as I thought Coach had that Capt. Ahab *zeal*. Eyes since opened.

Now back to the steady stream of cupcake opponents to keep The Quest going ...

... but check the attendance, BS35+4. The long-term diehard fans aren't fooled. Not for a second.
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Whalers View Post
              Do it NOW before the arena turns into the SITSOMEMORE Center, or even worse, NOONEGOESANYMORE Center.
              Not to be confused with the pre-Yogi Berra quote "No one goes there anymore; it's too crowded."

Comment

While on the subject of sinking ships ... SHU 2 UNH 0 after 2 periods.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                  And you don't even want to know about attendance...

I will say, don't think you can fault Tirone for either goal

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    That period was pathetic went from playing sloppy to lazy. No hussle to get 2nd chances. Trying to make highlight moves for no reasons. Realistically from what I see from SHU there is no reason they shouldn't win this game , but they are finding away

Comment

UNH is in danger of having its application for honorary AHA membership denied on competitive grounds.

Comment

Dodged the iceberg ...Salvaged a tie...by the grace of The Hockey Gods and the hustle of another Frosh to the puck...uninspiring to say the least but at least we did not lose...
                        Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-04-2016, 08:45 PM.

Comment

UNH, with their 0-1-1 record, is tied with Niagara for last place in The Atlantic Hockey Conference. Fortunately, they have a game in hand on them so they can make it up with a big win over Mercyhurst tomorrow night.
                          Last edited by scoreboard; 11-04-2016, 08:44 PM.

Comment

First place in Hockey East

Tied for last place in Atlantic Hockey

You can't make this sh!t up

But ultimately another lost opportunity in The Quest

Comment

That was was good tie IMHO! You have to give their goalie credit. He was the reason Sacred Heart salvaged a tie. Can't fault Tirone on their goals. I thought he played very good. Hope Naz is okay. Looked like a nasty knee to knee hit. Glad he was back albeit briefly after the hit.

I wouldn't start planning a parade any time soon for any team from the AHA going too deep in April Chuck. Keep dreaming though!
                              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                                That was was good tie IMHO! You have to give their goalie credit. He was the reason Sacred Heart salvaged a tie. Can't fault Tirone on their goals. I thought he played very good. Hope Naz is okay. Looked like a nasty knee to knee hit. Glad he was back albeit briefly after the hit.

I wouldn't start planning a parade any time soon for any team from the AHA going too deep in April Chuck. Keep dreaming though!
                                Would totally agree sir...we had zero puck luck in the first played zippo hockey in the second. Gritty comeback in the third. Anemic pp of sorts (1-9). Feel the same about Naz love Millers hustle but just not Naz. See you at Libbys tomorrow if you are heading in that direction...

Comment

Working...
                                X