X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yes, let the hate flow through you...UAA vs. UA_

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
    Ouch. UAA based write up as well.
    Had UAA played up to their capability, we might see the attendance increase even more. I guess they like playing in an empty building. I know that sounds harsh, but tonights performance is just unacceptable. I am getting fed up with this crap.

The good thing about this weekend, if there is a silver lining, is that these games don't count. Hopefully the players and the COACH figures out what needs to be done to score goals and prevent mental breakdowns. I thought Nils Rygard and VanAllen played well all weekend long. Especially Rygard. If they all played as hard as he does, they would be winning.
    Last edited by Suze; 10-09-2016, 03:18 AM.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      Had UAA played up to their capability, we might see the attendance increase even more. I guess they like playing in an empty building. I know that sounds harsh, but tonights performance is just unacceptable. I am getting fed up with this crap.

The good thing about this weekend, if there is a silver lining, is that these games don't count. Hopefully the players and the COACH figures out what needs to be done to score goals and prevent mental breakdowns. I thought Nils Rygard and VanAllen played well all weekend long. Especially Rygard. If they all played as hard as he does, they would be winning.
      It is unacceptable, on the brink of collapse and this is how you respond? The Mighty Mouse tic-tacs (gf coined that term and I actually like it) had more poise, confidence, and skill on the puck than the Seawolves. I had sour lemon face all ****ing weekend, I was hoping coach would pull Mantha and have UA_ score a couple empty netters. Something to get the boys attention. Terrible, terrible weekend. At least we have UAH next at home?
      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Solid bonds: Mantha's blocker side, and Jackstadt.

Neutral bonds: Van Allen, Mitchell, the Renouf's.

Junk bonds: Mantha's glove side, passing, confidence, the Renouf's need to be paired with a big preferably the aggressive but clean Mason Mitchell (they spent way too much time on the ice and we don't need a unnecessary injury), and the coaches having a great time getting off the ice after losing the first game of the year 6-0.
        That's a good analysis ... I'll add t it; On both nights there definitely were 2-3 goals that Mantha should have had. I think that Jarrett Brown looked really good moving the puck up the ice and deep into UAF's zone all night. Not much came of his rushes but they were the most positive from the D. Can't not mention Brown's multiple penalties and Hubb's penalties on the weekend were a big problem as well. I fully agree that Alex Jackstadt was a one of the few real positives on the front end. Anholt didn't get much better in the 2nd and 3rd period but he did seem to settle down and relax into his game a bit.

I've never liked how much Thomas shortens his bench and I have to say last night he left me yet again feeling like he's made no adjustment in the way he coaches college players versus ECHL players. Where he comes from those guys are getting paid, college players aren't. I'm also not a fan of the way he's consistently shortened his bench since he's been coach. That does nothing for the confidence of guys who are sitting on the 4th line getting 8 minutes a night. College players aren't professionals. The teams he's coached in the past had very experienced veterans 30-35 years old in many cases who have a huge effect on the younger 21 year old pros. There's none of that here. He's expecting 23 and 24 year old guys to fill the role of experience 32 year old veterans? No. Thomas himself has to manage personalities and provide leadership and the varied motivation that best works with each individual younger player. He should have called a time-out last night after the 2nd goal and rallied the boys with gentle but firm cajoling and/or begging. From his comments last night after the game, he's put the loss squarely on the veterans shoulders. And sure, the players are the people on the ice. But again, these aren't 28 or 30 year old veterans who have 7 or 8 years where self-motivation has been demanded because they're getting a paycheck. He's got to look in the mirror too while challenging his on ice leaders and my desire would be to see him be more rah rah with his players. The ol' college sports spirit thing, eh?

Comment

It is unacceptable, on the brink of collapse and this is how you respond? The Mighty Mouse tic-tacs (gf coined that term and I actually like it) had more poise, confidence, and skill on the puck than the Seawolves. I had sour lemon face all ****ing weekend, I was hoping coach would pull Mantha and have UA_ score a couple empty netters. Something to get the boys attention. Terrible, terrible weekend. At least we have UAH next at home?
          UAH swept Ferris St last weekend, they are not going to be an easy opponent either. I didn't hear anyone praising Nils Rygard. I thought he played an excellent game both nights. He reminds me a lot of Jay Beagle.
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

UAH swept Ferris St last weekend, they are not going to be an easy opponent either. I didn't hear anyone praising Nils Rygard. I thought he played an excellent game both nights. He reminds me a lot of Jay Beagle.
            And they got swept this weekend 10-0 against UConn.

Nils didn't really stand out that much to me, but I remember some positives.
            Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

And they got swept this weekend 10-0 against UConn.

Nils didn't really stand out that much to me, but I remember some positives.
              He almost single handedly killed off a penalty. Burned off a good 20 seconds with three Nanooks on him at one point. Work. Horse.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

He almost single handedly killed off a penalty. Burned off a good 20 seconds with three Nanooks on him at one point. Work. Horse.
                Nils looked good however he doesn't hit like Beegs did.
                Has a little more skill but Beegs HIT.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                  Nils looked good however he doesn't hit like Beegs did.
                  Has a little more skill but Beegs HIT.
                  Honestly, I don't remember Beags being a hard hitter. He was excellent on the penalty kill, and gave 100% every shift.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

We all knew it was possible, thanks UAF professor (see what I did correctly there?) Dr. Abel Bult-Ito!

http://www.ktva.com/uaf-professor-pr...athletics-809/

Comment

Or perhaps I should refer to them as their original name/founding: Alaska Agricultural College and School of Mines. That's right you guys were initially the AAC&SoM. Speaking of names, will your "fans" finally refer to you guys correctly, your sports teams are the Alaska Nanooks. I absolutely love your chants of UAF, shows how well the education and media runs in your little wasteland. If you wanna get technical, there shouldn't even be U in the chant, congrats on being wrong twice in only one chant! So let me just spell that out for you one more time.....

Your sports teams=Alaska Nanooks

Hopefully you get it correct before your next name change....Oh and while you are at it, go ahead and double check to make sure all your players are in fact eligible. Hate for the record book to be altered again, seriously their isn't much to do in Fairbanks, looking up the NCAA rulebook must be the highlight of your week.

Man, I love hockey season.
                      Going uphill to the backwoods ...shopping at the mall for the holidays....I bet it is all "flying elbows" and shouts of "dib's" being screamed louder

than bingo on a Saturday afternoon. Is it safe for a non-backwoods to even show up with a empty truck ?
                      Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 12-04-2016, 06:16 PM.
                      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                        Is it safe for a non-backwoods to even show up with a empty truck ?
                        No, you can't leave the dump without picking something up.

Kinda like our hillside's pick up a book, leave a book.

Comment

So how is the series working now in regards to awarding The Cup? Total points earned? Can't really keep it the same with the league tiebreakers. Or maybe they will and they'll end up in a hilarious situation of "alright we have to do the shootout for the WCHA point first and then we'll do the Governor's Cup shootout..."
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            So how is the series working now in regards to awarding The Cup? Total points earned? Can't really keep it the same with the league tiebreakers. Or maybe they will and they'll end up in a hilarious situation of "alright we have to do the shootout for the WCHA point first and then we'll do the Governor's Cup shootout..."
                            I would guess total points earned. The October game didn't count for some reason, though.
                            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                              I would guess total points earned. The October game didn't count for some reason, though.
                              Well yeah, that was the GNAC Championship Game. Congrats!
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I thought we followed NCAA rules in the past (except if the records are even after 4 games). So there can be a win, loss, or tie after the 5 minute OT. If the 4 game series win/loss/tie record ends up even, then there is a shootout for the Cup. The 3x3 or shootout that could happen for any single game for WCHA points would be ignored for the Cup. But I’m not certain on any of this.

WCHA total points could be a mess.

You could end up “winning” three games (+2+2+2+0 =6). And end up tied with the other team who only "won" one game (+1+1+1+3 =6).

Or how about if the fourth game of the series needed a WCHA sudden death shootout to decide a winner, which also decided if the series was tied. Would they use “one” shootout to decide both the fourth game winner and the CUP, or would we have back-to-back shootouts to decide the Cup. How pathetic would that be?

Go Nooks!

Comment

Working...
                                X