Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Tech.
    Clarkson?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Tech has consistently controlled the flow of games, dominated shots on goal, etc but come up short on the scoreboard during big games, and occasionally on one's we need. Tonight is a great example; missing an empty net over and over, then hitting the cross bar, post... to end up with a single tally.

I'd hand out a bunch of glasses to the forwards.
      Go Huskies!

Comment

When you get pressured you miss your spot, Anchorage looked very skilled breaking out and through the neutral zone this weekend. They worked and stymied Tech even though Tech dominated the territorial play. I was disappointed with the result, but something tells me this is going to the last game again before the standings are set. Were the penalties deserved, I thought the Leibinger call last night was looking to call rather than calling the game...

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
          This is why this year's team won't win anything. You have to show the mental strength to fight through a weekend like this against a bullsh** team like Anchorage. Dropping points is just flat out unacceptable.

And before the Anchorage fans get all upset, it's not your fault. Your team made Tech look like bullsh** all weekend.
          Anchorage didn't look like a bull**** team to me all weekend. Maybe Tech took this weekend a little too much for granted. This time of year all teams are fighting for playoff positions.
          I will say the officiating was bad....Really bad. Hockey fans up this way are pretty knowledgeable about the game and don't normally boo the refs for nothing.The refs took away from the flow of the game with their calls. That is what I call bull****.
          MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
          2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Redridge View Post
            I'd hand out a bunch of glasses to the forwards.
            I heard someone even threw a tire iron during the game. That was a rough weekend for the Huskies.
            Ryan J
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Disappointing weekend, but it is good that we have such heightened expectations!

More the Mel Pearson show - Shuchuk was in studio, Mel called in towards the end:
              Overall feeling of frustrating, disappointed
              Some bad puck luck, missed open nets/cross-bars etc, game of inches and came up short
              Need to stay in structure of the system, trust the guys beside you

Mel thought we didn't have energy/enthusiasm we usually had in practice, carried over a little bit into the weekend

Steman/Baltus/L'Esperance are all out this weekend, would be a good line on many WCHA teams
              We've been injured, Roy was out Saturday night

Sturos started wearing A Saturday with Baltus being out, he's been a total team player/leader, he's earned it

Comment

Nice to see Reid sporting an 'A' on his jersey. I agree, he has earned it.

What da heck is up with Steman?? He was supposed to be ready by GLI. Then he was day to day and could have played against ND, then not in line up against UAA. Now already out for this coming weekend?? His absence is really hurting this team..

And what happened to L'Esperance?? Didn't seem injured during the games..

Comment

• Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                  Nice to see Reid sporting an 'A' on his jersey. I agree, he has earned it.

What da heck is up with Steman?? He was supposed to be ready by GLI. Then he was day to day and could have played against ND, then not in line up against UAA. Now already out for this coming weekend?? His absence is really hurting this team..

And what happened to L'Esperance?? Didn't seem injured during the games..
                  Towards the end of the game sat he took an open ice hit in the upper body area. Left the ice, never came back.

Well, looks like the coach is forced to make some changes in the lines and pp as L'Esperance is out. Even though he is one of the last you would willingly take out of the line up.....

Comment

The forward stockpile continues to grow.

1997-born forward Jack Becker has committed to the Huskies. He's 6' 4", 205 lbs, from Mahtomedi, Minn., and the son of former Husky Russ Becker. He had previously committed to Wisconsin and was drafted by the Boston Bruins in 2015 (7th round, 195th overall). He has 7 goals and 5 assists in 29 games for Sioux Falls (USHL), and he's −10 on a team where the range is +12 to −11.

I'm guessing this means Mitch Newsome gets pushed back to 2018.

EDIT: This could mean that all of next year's incoming forwards (I have Russell, Reitmeier, Poikola, and Becker) committed in the last six weeks.
                    Last edited by redwing61; 01-17-2017, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      allright ... a Traverse City guy!
                      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

has anyone mentioned John Scott's book "A Guy Like Me" came out on January 1st? as soon as I saw that on Amazon, I want the farkin drone to drop it on my house like 2 days ago!
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                          has anyone mentioned John Scott's book "A Guy Like Me" came out on January 1st? as soon as I saw that on Amazon, I want the farkin drone to drop it on my house like 2 days ago!
                          Yep, I picked it up as reading for the plane/airports tomorrow.

Comment

I went in to the pairwise predictor, and though it's water over the dam now, if we had swept this last weekend we would be number 20 now, and right behind providence, and st cloud. It will be interesting to see how this affects us as the season unwinds.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              I went in to the pairwise predictor, and though it's water over the dam now, if we had swept this last weekend we would be number 20 now, and right behind providence, and st cloud. It will be interesting to see how this affects us as the season unwinds.
                              Im sorry but even with a sweep of UAA, I'm not sure they get to the low teens at the end of the season, a losing NC record in a statistically weak conference is no way to get an autobid.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                Im sorry but even with a sweep of UAA, I'm not sure they get to the low teens at the end of the season, a losing NC record in a statistically weak conference is no way to get an autobid.
                                Any WCHA team would need to win out, especially over other good WCHA teams, and then have chaos out east.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X