Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
    Speaking of renovations to the Mac.. I hope a better place is found for The Pep Band instead of that far corner.
    I know it would never happen, but can you imagine the fun of putting them behind the visitor's bench? Their sound would be directed away from the "experienced" side of the rink, they could more easily razz the visitors and they would be facing the home students. However I'm sure Tech doesn't want to risk a band member getting the Domi treatment from a visiting player if things reached a fever pitch.
    https://youtu.be/OcgivAeVlI4
    Not that a band member would ever cross the line, but some of us would get very very very close at times.
    Ryan
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      I know it would never happen, but can you imagine the fun of putting them behind the visitor's bench? Their sound would be directed away from the "experienced" side of the rink, they could more easily razz the visitors and they would be facing the home students. However I'm sure Tech doesn't want to risk a band member getting the Domi treatment from a visiting player if things reached a fever pitch.
      https://youtu.be/OcgivAeVlI4
      Not that a band member would ever cross the line, but some of us would get very very very close at times.
      Ryan
      I liked where the band was before the suites were put in. Behind the visiting goalie for 2 of the 3 periods. They had a better acoustical sound over there.
      MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
      2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

I agree..that was the best spot I have heard them from, but man was it loud in the suites when they were under them. I believe that the best spot for them would be behind a goalie on one side or the other. Know if that is the case...then it would make the most sense to have them behind the opposing goalie for 2 periods.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatch_man View Post
          I agree..that was the best spot I have heard them from, but man was it loud in the suites when they were under them. I believe that the best spot for them would be behind a goalie on one side or the other. Know if that is the case...then it would make the most sense to have them behind the opposing goalie for 2 periods.
          going to be really hard for that to ever happen with the $$$ spent on the suites...the other problem is that the other end remodel likely includes more suites because they've been such a hit.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

7 or 8 years ago, this is where I would've inserted some snotty comment about how it's all part of Suzanne's plan to sanitize the band and marginalize their presence.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              7 or 8 years ago, this is where I would've inserted some snotty comment about how it's all part of Suzanne's plan to sanitize the band and marginalize their presence.
              and now?
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                going to be really hard for that to ever happen with the $$$ spent on the suites...the other problem is that the other end remodel likely includes more suites because they've been such a hit.
                Why not more seating near ice level up to right below where the band was before. Wouldn't that work for putting the band there?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatch_man View Post
                  Don't the suites have glass windows that could be closed if it is to loud for them. Fans need to realize that they are at a college sporting event so it will be loud and noisy now and then.

Comment

Don't the suites have glass windows that could be closed if it is to loud for them. Fans need to realize that they are at a college sporting event so it will be loud and noisy now and then.
                    My girl friend will not go to a game any more because they are so loud. She wore ear plugs for a while and finally gave up.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      My girl friend will not go to a game any more because they are so loud. She wore ear plugs for a while and finally gave up.
                      Did you happen to be sitting right below them?

Comment

Did you happen to be sitting right below them?
                        No we sit on the red line just to the east of the visitors bench, but it's only a few games per year.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Practice starts tomorrow towards an 11th GLI Championship.
                          Go Tech

Merry Christmas to all!

Comment

I was wishing to go to GLI this year. The last one at The Joe.

Comment

It looks like there's a few TV options for the GLI.
                              FS Detroit Plus?
                              Fox College Sports Atlantic
                              Fox Sports North-Minnesota Plus - will have all but the championship game, when the Gophers will be on instead

Comment

Anybody know if there is a streaming option for the GLI? I won't be in any of the areas that carry the Fox Sports regional channels and I wondered if Fox Sports will stream the games on FoxSportsGo. It seems like they should according to their website, but they don't publish a schedule of any kind.

Comment

Working...
                                X