Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
    He should have been tossed for that play.I think the league should be looking at that one.
    All major penalties are sent to the league during the game for review. I'm sure they will look at it. I haven't seen the replay, but it sounds like his helmet broke and busted him open. I don't think it was too bad of a hit since WCHA officials always seem to assume the worst and issue game misconducts.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I'm liking the progress. Winning 5 of the last 6 feels very, very good.
      MTU found itself a hot goalie which spells disaster for the rest of the league. That was supposed to be the chink in your armor.

Congrats on the sweep.

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
        Me thinks Whitten is a whiner!
        Damon Whitten is a class act, man. The refs clearly didn't allow the Lakers to comeback in the third period with some bad calls, and as Damon Whitten said in his post game interview, the officials "made a mockery of the game." http://static.psbin.com/b/d/bdmvf2y7..._final_cut.mp3

Methinks this isn't the first time we have seen this from the league officials, nor the last.
        Last edited by LakerBaker; 11-13-2016, 07:31 AM.

Comment

LakerBaker is the resident troll on the LSSU thread. Most Lakers fans just ignore LakerBaker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
            LakerBaker is the resident troll on the LSSU thread. Most Lakers fans just ignore LakerBaker.
            And "Bill" likes to surpress opinion on here, that doesn't agree with his viewpoint.

Like "Bill" I woke up in a free country this morning, complete with the freedom of speech, man.
            Last edited by LakerBaker; 11-13-2016, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerBaker View Post
              And "Bill" likes to surpress opinion on here, that doesn't agree with his viewpoint.

Like "Bill" I woke up in a free country this morning, complete with the feeedom of speech, man.
              For now.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                Me thinks Whitten is a whiner!
                Listened to the audio, big time whiner. The officiating was bad, but was equally bad in both directions, and if he didn't see anything on that 5 minute worthy of a call I think he needs new glasses.
                2005-2006: 7-25-6
                2006-2007: 18-17-5
                2007-2008: 14-20-5
                2008-2009: 6-25-7
                2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by CKrouth View Post
                  All major penalties are sent to the league during the game for review. I'm sure they will look at it. I haven't seen the replay, but it sounds like his helmet broke and busted him open.
                  UAH's Brennan Saulnier got a game in the stands for something that wasn't even called a minor in the Soo last year. (It was legit.)

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

The early signing period is upon us. We breakdown who's already sign, who we expect to sign and even speculate on who Mel Pearson was talking about when he mentioned they were close to signing a Goaltender in Recruiting Roundup: Early Signing Period & A New Recruit?
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      The early signing period is upon us. We breakdown who's already sign, who we expect to sign and even speculate on who Mel Pearson was talking about when he mentioned they were close to signing a Goaltender in Recruiting Roundup: Early Signing Period & A New Recruit?
                      Looks like Keaton Pehrson did indeed sign an NLI: https://twitter.com/MikePehrson/stat...60866425896961

EDIT: Tommy Parrottino also. https://twitter.com/bucshockey/statu...65029630881792
                      Last edited by redwing61; 11-13-2016, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Looks like Tech is getting their game figured out. It looks like L'Esperance may finally be finding his scoring touch. That will certainly help them over the next stretch of games.

Sitting in second place with a couple of games in hand. But they will need some help reeling in Bemidji.

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                          Sitting in second place with a couple of games in hand. But they will need some help reeling in Bemidji.
                          Not really. Tech controls their own destiny to be sitting in first place by December 3rd. Tech is currently 12 pts back of Bemidji. In the new league points system that is four wins. Assuming BSU and Tech win all their conference games the next few weeks, Tech can cut that gap in half by getting two wins at UAF while BSU takes on Princeton in non-conference games. That would leave Tech 6pts behind the Beavers when they come to Houghton the following weekend. Sweep the Beavers at home - Tech's in first with the tie breaker. The biggest BSU shocker for me is they have allowed only EIGHT goals in TEN conference games! That's impressive, I don't care who you've played.

I hope I'll be getting a first hand look at four wins during my trip to AK. We need to beat the teams we should beat.

Ryan J
                          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                          Originally posted by geezer
                          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                          Originally posted by manurespreader
                          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Shirtless is right on. Robbie B committed this morning accord to chris dilks.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              A very nice pickup for the good guys.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMxjdLqASxt/

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                                A very nice pickup for the good guys.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMxjdLqASxt/
                                Thanks guys, I did get confirmation shortly after publishing that MTU had been pretty heavily scouting him, but its nice to know I still got it! I don't get the information I used to but if they give me a nugget, I can usually reduce it to a manageable list.

Seems like a great pickup for the Huskies with his start and sounds like ALOT of teams were interested.
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X