Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
    Please no, just don't. You're giving me flashbacks of Danny Linell back on defense or Boyle getting turnstiled by Tim Kennedy in the 2007 National Championship game.
    Then think of the Whitneys doing it, especially on the PP. Another forward made a successful move to D also but his name escapes me now. Boyle despite the mistakes in that NC game helped BC immensely while on D that year in getting them to that game. Had he netted that 2 on 0 breakaway, that the MSU goaltender robbed him on, BC would have likely won that game instead.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
      Then think of the Whitneys doing it, especially on the PP. Another forward made a successful move to D also but his name escapes me now. Boyle despite the mistakes in that NC game helped BC immensely while on D that year in getting them to that game. Had he netted that 2 on 0 breakaway, that the MSU goaltender robbed him on, BC would have likely won that game instead.
      There is a massive difference between a forward playing defense on the powerplay, and playing defense full time. As for Boyle, I've posted on this topic on several occasions and I disagree. It is fundamentally risky to play a player out of position, and far riskier playing a forward at defense than vice versa. It was only a matter of time until he got burned. Unfortunately, it happened at the worst possible time. And to be clear, I don't blame Boyle for what happened. I blame the coaching staff for putting him in that position.

Thankfully three national titles in the next five years did a bit to salve that wound.
      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
      BC - 12
      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
        +16 being 5th on the team is a stat that says otherwise. Cangelosi +24 Savage +19 Kim +17 and Brown +17are the only ones ahead of him. Sure hope you are not a recruit trying to justify playing time over him.
        +/- is not a great stat. All that means is that the goalie is standing on his head. And we all know that Joe Woll has saved many breakaways and other chances from turnovers.

No i am not a recruit, just a fan that has seen enough hockey to know better.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
          Matt Gaudreau has the most PIM with 48 (+13)
          C. Fitz 38 PIM (+13)
          R. Fitz 36 PIM (+11)
          White 32 PIM (+12)

Stats
          To be fair, Gaudreau racked up 20 PIM with misconducts in back to back games against Merrimack and PC, so his numbers are a little skewed.
          Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            21 sure plays with a lot of **** and vinegar. Fivehole12, you remember the game we went to see at PC where they tied it at the end when Jerry was going for i dunno what record but Matty G stood in the aisle next to our seats, he looked 10. Who would have thought he'd be leading the team in scoring as a SR? ( i know, white and Fitz were hurt but still)
            I remember it well... good times Joe. C'mon back and we'll do the road circuit again.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
              I remember it well... good times Joe. C'mon back and we'll do the road circuit again.
              the single thing that i REALLY miss to be honest. I think i'm here for the HE Friday night semis next trip after this week's trip. Lets hope we make it this year, it's been a while

Comment

A lot to like about this team but PP not included. Not only does it not produce but it gives up back breaking shorthanded goals.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  A lot to like about this team. ..but it gives up back breaking shorthanded goals.
                  stop talking about NU on the BC thread..
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    A lot to like about this team........
                    like all orphaned red heads
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      A lot to like about this team but PP not included. Not only does it not produce but it gives up back breaking shorthanded goals.
                      You mean special teams not included. I can't remember the last time their penalty kill percentage was under 80%. For years, penalty killing was always one of their great strengths. Not this year.
                      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                      BC - 12
                      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

True about the special teams. I feel like we have a far better chance of scoring on the penalty kill than the power play.
                        Can Jerry refuse to take power plays? That would probably work best... stay at 5 on 5.
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Am I nuts for being being more upset about how they lost than the fact that they did lose? BU is better, no argument there. The repeat problems that don't get corrected, forget about physical mistakes. Calnan two games in a row with an absolutely dumb penalty. That is your captain. Late penalties in almost every single game. Groundhog day over and over again.

Want to point out one thing here. McInnis, let's not really beat around the bush or overstate it either, had a very rough night. He is now +1 in 25 games. 33 PIMs, 6 pts. Campoli is +7 in 10 games. I think it's time to give Campoli a shot here. A positionally sound player would arguably have kept BU's first and third goals from going up on the board.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

They've got Merrimack at home Fri and then Northeastern on Mon. It would behove them not to lose to either of those teams so they're not tumbling down the Pairwise rankings.
                            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              Am I nuts for being being more upset about how they lost than the fact that they did lose? BU is better, no argument there. The repeat problems that don't get corrected, forget about physical mistakes. Calnan two games in a row with an absolutely dumb penalty. That is your captain. Late penalties in almost every single game. Groundhog day over and over again.

Want to point out one thing here. McInnis, let's not really beat around the bush or overstate it either, had a very rough night. He is now +1 in 25 games. 33 PIMs, 6 pts. Campoli is +7 in 10 games. I think it's time to give Campoli a shot here. A positionally sound player would arguably have kept BU's first and third goals from going up on the board.
                              First time I can remember BC being outskated and outskilked. Calnan taking runs at BU guys all night. It was role reversal out there. BU is most talented team in college hockey when they put it together.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                                First time I can remember BC being outskated and outskilked. Calnan taking runs at BU guys all night. It was role reversal out there. BU is most talented team in college hockey when they put it together.
                                Golden era of BC hockey has been done for a few years now. BC needs to think long and hard about their next coach - who will it be and when it will happen.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X