Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Can I ask a stupid question? I mean, it's rhetorical, but how dumb do you have to be to put BC/BU on a Monday night (holiday but still) at 7 pm? 4 pm fine. 1 pm fine. 7 pm on a Monday night with school the next day?

Harambe could gotten drunk on Schlitz and made a better schedule than this (before he got shot of course).
    Not all of us have the day off.

Comment

Can I ask a stupid question? I mean, it's rhetorical, but how dumb do you have to be to put BC/BU on a Monday night (holiday but still) at 7 pm? 4 pm fine. 1 pm fine. 7 pm on a Monday night with school the next day?

Harambe could gotten drunk on Schlitz and made a better schedule than this (before he got shot of course).
      I believe it was originally an afternoon game and it was moved to 7pm when it was added to the TV schedule.

While we are on the subject of TV, this Friday's BC @ BU game is not televised. I can't remember the last time a BC/BU game was not televised. At least a decade I think. BU's TV schedule this year is horrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
        I believe it was originally an afternoon game and it was moved to 7pm when it was added to the TV schedule.

While we are on the subject of TV, this Friday's BC @ BU game is not televised. I can't remember the last time a BC/BU game was not televised. At least a decade I think. BU's TV schedule this year is horrible.
        Does it seem like there are a lot fewer games overall on tv this year? Nesn hasn't had many and that WBIN channel that used to show UNH and merriamck games hasn't had many either. Are other people noticing this?
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post

The games played at BU that were not televised were last year, 2014, 2012, 2010, 2009, 2008. And the game at BC in 2008 was also not televised.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            Does it seem like there are a lot fewer games overall on tv this year? Nesn hasn't had many and that WBIN channel that used to show UNH and merriamck games hasn't had many either. Are other people noticing this?
            Yes, It doesn't appear that WBIN is broadcasting any games this year. Also, Comcast decided to drop Fox College Sport Atlantic /Central /Pacific from my cable line up as of the first of the year. I could usually find a college hockey game on those stations on most weekends.

Comment

Related to tv, if you have comcast they no longer supply the fcs college sports channels as of jan. 1

Disappointing, always enjoyed catching some minnesota games and others. You could catch some of the other leagues tourney games on those channels.

Comment

I'm so mad about that. Those channels were the reason I kept the Sports package. I need to see what else that covers before I call Comcast to get rid of it.

Comment

Sorry bob, completely missed your post

Comment

Does verizon etc have those channels?

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                      Yes, It doesn't appear that WBIN is broadcasting any games this year. Also, Comcast decided to drop Fox College Sport Atlantic /Central /Pacific from my cable line up as of the first of the year. I could usually find a college hockey game on those stations on most weekends.
                      But college hockey is the future of television. That's why we added Notre Dame!!!!

Given that I think Bertagna was just extended for a few more years we're never going to get him out of there. I think there really needs to be a change at the top of the league. The scheduling and TV situation is atrocious. We are ruining the experience for the few people that attend so no one can watch it on tv.

My family has 6 season tickets and I don't see us renewing next year. With kids now, the terrible schedule makes it almost impossible to attend more than a few games a year. They ask for renewals long before we see the schedule. LONG before. So.... someone at BC or Hockey East better fix this or we're done wasting hundreds on unused tickets.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                        The games played at BU that were not televised were last year, 2014, 2012, 2010, 2009, 2008. And the game at BC in 2008 was also not televised.
                        Oh well, so I'm wrong. Change "decade" to "far majority and last two years for the games at BU."

Comment

My family has 6 season tickets and I don't see us renewing next year. With kids now, the terrible schedule makes it almost impossible to attend more than a few games a year. They ask for renewals long before we see the schedule. LONG before. So.... someone at BC or Hockey East better fix this or we're done wasting hundreds on unused tickets.
                          Does BC give you a mechanism to "resell" tickets for games that you do not want to attend and is there any success using that?

Comment

The scary part is it seems like the ASN option with ridiculous start times was our best option. I miss the days where comcast sports had the package. I'm talking like sean grande, cap raeder and eric frede. Like 15 years ago. Since then NESN had good coverage but it's been totally downhill the last couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                              Does BC give you a mechanism to "resell" tickets for games that you do not want to attend and is there any success using that?
                              yes, bceagles.com, tickets tab and stubhub marketplace and i believe there is a place to donate them as well.

Why didn't White play yesterday?

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                yes, bceagles.com, tickets tab and stubhub marketplace and i believe there is a place to donate them as well.

Why didn't White play yesterday?
                                They said on NESN that he has the flu.

Comment

Working...
                                X