Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
    Saw it via stream replay. BC player was in the crease and clearly kicked the puck in as it got loose by Ruck's pad.
    The NU announcers mentioned the player in the crease a few times. Player in the crease is irrelevant. He can pitch a tent in there once the puck enters the crease. It was solely the kicking motion that disallowed the goal. He gets a stick on that puck and it's a good goal. The right call was made.

That was a great game! Had tickets but was under the weather so I sat it out at home. NU has a fantastic video feed for their games. I don't get to see it much as I'm usually in the arena, but exceptional coverage, and free. I remember in years past there was just video. Now there are announcers (they are good) and video replays. The only thing lacking is the penalty clock. Good job NU.

Great win for the Eagles. Both teams played well with fast up and down the ice action. Both goalies played great and neither deserved to lose that game, but since one did, I'm glad it was NU's.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
      BC did outshoot NU badly in the first period. NU outshot BC 20-15 in the last two periods. Many of BC's shots came from the perimeter. NU had at least as many Grade "A" chances, and several missed connections at the goalmouth.

I'll just allow myself to think of this as payback for the game 6 or 7 years ago when BC nursed a 1-0 lead into the last minute. Guzior beat Muse on a similar shot to tie the game. Then we won it in OT.
      the last weekend of the regular season in 2009, not sure but that may have cost BC a NCAA bid. Had to win HE tourney and lost to BU in semis when they scored 3 goals in like a minute

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        4-6 weeks for fitzgerald...high ankle sprain

Tough stretch of games to be without him
        Ugh. I'm not surprised. It looked like he couldn't put any weight on it when he went off. Gonna need White and Cangelosi in particular to step it up while he's out.

Better now than right after the break. At least a goodly portion of the time he's out, they'll be off anyway.
        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
        BC - 12
        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
          NU has a fantastic video feed for their games. I don't get to see it much as I'm usually in the arena, but exceptional coverage, and free. I remember in years past there was just video. Now there are announcers (they are good) and video replays. The only thing lacking is the penalty clock. Good job NU.
          Two former Huskies, Greg Costa and Adam Reid have switched off doing color for the broadcast and are very good, Reid especially. Is BC's feed still pay-per-view?
          2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
          2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
            Is BC's feed still pay-per-view?
            Of course, rather than trying to build their brand, they charge people to what basically amounts to change in between their couch cushions.

Don't get me started on this athletic department and the sad way they conduct themselves in every possible way.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Just wanted to tip my cap to BC fans who came to MSG to watch the game. As much as I despise the program you cheer for due to UND's previous futility, every single BC fan I met was awesome. Great fan base.

So as much as I dislike BC, nothing but respect for BC fans.

Comment

Back to business in HE on Tuesday. As bad as their (NU) HE record is, this is not an easy game by any means if the last game is an indication.

I believe there is also a toy drive, so bring a toy or two )

Tough drive back from NYC. Good game and hopefully BC will learn from their mistakes and experience.

Nice for guys on the team but who is really going to the Motor City for Quick Lane ? More appropriate if they named it the Break Down Lane Bowl )

Two 6-6 teams going nowhere
                Last edited by BCeagle; 12-05-2016, 10:38 AM.
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                  Just wanted to tip my cap to BC fans who came to MSG to watch the game. As much as I despise the program you cheer for due to UND's previous futility, every single BC fan I met was awesome. Great fan base.

Works both ways SiouxFanatic ) We have been fustrated by UND too like 2000 in Providence and in Worcester. It works both ways. But you're right, UND and BC got along well at the game as my friend and I had friendly chats before, during and after the game ) Best of luck and hope to see you guys again in the post season for another rematch )
                  NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

NU stunk most of the night but still ended up being too close for comfort.

A lot of easy defensive plays BC didn't make tonight and got banged up tonight. Wish this was last game of semester but one more to go.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                      Just wanted to tip my cap to BC fans who came to MSG to watch the game. As much as I despise the program you cheer for due to UND's previous futility, every single BC fan I met was awesome. Great fan base.

the feeling is mutual in terms of respect but we dont despise Sioux, i think i can speak for most of us................."previous futility"? 12-11 and 3 , you are up. I think thats the score, not quite futility.......................nice win tonight Eagles

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        "previous futility"?
                        You are aware of what happened in 2001, 2006, 2007 and 2008 right?
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          2008 in Denver was the Nathan Gerbe show. I will never forget that game

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                            2008 in Denver was the Nathan Gerbe show. I will never forget that game
                            My favorite part was when BC scored, IIRC, the 4th goal in the first period, a UND fan ran down the steps to the edge of the balcony and threw his jersey over. Good times.
                            Originally posted by mookie1995
                            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                              My favorite part was when BC scored, IIRC, the 4th goal in the first period, a UND fan ran down the steps to the edge of the balcony and threw his jersey over. Good times.
                              You should ask a certain Cape Codder that used to frequent this place if he has ever done that with a BC jersey.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                                yes, for sure but they got us a couple times too.

Comment

Working...
                                X