RPI @ Maine (10/7/16 & 10/8/16)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI @ Maine (10/7/16 & 10/8/16)

New to the board, but I have been Lurking for too many years! RHamilton you should try the Orono Beer Company! They have a location in Orono and Bangor, just for brewski's though. They don't offer much for food. The beer is top notch, especially if you like I.P.A.!
    As for hockey, it can't be worse than last year!

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
      Considering making this trip. Looks like there's plenty of stuff to do in Bangor, and maybe a couple options in Orono for post-game fun? Any tips from the locals? I'm into Brewpubs, beer bars, non-dive sports bars, hipster cocktail places, etc.
      Don't come to Orono without going to Pats Pizza, its been there since the 30s and so has grease thats all over the place. Best place for a beer and a pizza around. Its the place every alum goes to when they come back to orono
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
        Don't trust Exhibition hockey. With that said Maine can't play like they did versus SFX with too many penalty's. Toss up this weekend with a split a good call.
        Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Most games over the weekend against Canadian schools had too many penalties including RPI's.
        And yet there were 57 penalty minutes called in a non-exhibition game between Army and Colgate last Saturday!
        http://collegehockeystats.net/1617/boxes/marmclg1.o01
        Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
          And yet there were 57 penalty minutes called in a non-exhibition game between Army and Colgate last Saturday!
          http://collegehockeystats.net/1617/boxes/marmclg1.o01
          I will bet the call everything pattern continues this weekend. Special teams will be huge.

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
            I will bet the call everything pattern continues this weekend. Special teams will be huge.
            Just asking, why do you think that?
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Every few years it seems to me the refs are instructed to look for certain things and call them to the letter of the rule book. Eventually the players and the refs level off but the first few weeks are tough.

Comment

Every few years it seems to me the refs are instructed to look for certain things and call them to the letter of the rule book. Eventually the players and the refs level off but the first few weeks are tough.
                They have a point of emphasis every year. By the time league play rolls around, we're back to what we had before.

Comment

I'm a little confused, aren't the officials a product of their individual leagues? Do they get their instructions from the NCAA or from their league. I have (as most of you have) seen games from all the college leagues and they are all officiated differently.
                  This year, they all seem to be in unison. What's up with that?
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                    I'm a little confused, aren't the officials a product of their individual leagues? Do they get their instructions from the NCAA or from their league. I have (as most of you have) seen games from all the college leagues and they are all officiated differently.
                    This year, they all seem to be in unison. What's up with that?
                    Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather see consistency, because you know what to expect. An official should enforce the rule book, not become a variable within the game. And it's a lot tougher than it looks, that's for sure.

Most of the league rules seem like they'd be protocol-related (aside from the options of overtime and shootout with league scoring, so long as they have a proper NCAA determination), although I wouldn't be surprised if leagues give points of emphasis to the officials during a season; I know head contact, hits from behind, and interference have been points of emphasis in the past.

Comment

What kind of game is rpi going to play? Who should we watch for? Maine will play a few freshman. Goaltending will be McGovern I'm pretty sure. Big kid, who can take up some net.Best players are Robbins and Byron.. Doesn't matter if maine has a big lead, they have shown they can fold like a cheap tent.

Comment

RPI game notes http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...-at-maine.aspx.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

http://goblackbears.com/news/2016/10...on-opener.aspx

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Niwlt_kSt_o

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Very nice, RPI coach provides lengthy interviews with substance. Red does pretty well avoiding the press and if there is an interview its mostly a few sentences grunted out.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                What kind of game is rpi going to play? Who should we watch for? Maine will play a few freshman. Goaltending will be McGovern I'm pretty sure. Big kid, who can take up some net.Best players are Robbins and Byron.. Doesn't matter if maine has a big lead, they have shown they can fold like a cheap tent.
                                RPI expected scorers are Bourbonnais, Nanne, Melanson. Whiffen and a few youngsters have offensive skill. The Back end is capable of scoring with Prappavesis , Reno and Wilson leading. Newcomer Perry played quite well in shutting out McGill. Appert has not yet committed to naming a starter in net but my money is you'll see him Friday night.
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X