• Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
        Not where I live.
        Does this mean you won't be in Minneapolis? Haha

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
          Does this mean you won't be in Minneapolis? Haha
          It does. I have never been to a conference playoff tournament.
          Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
            It does. I have never been to a conference playoff tournament.
            I've never been to a conference tournament either. This will be my first year! Then, the regional and frozen four (only if Denver makes it) because otherwise I'd be really bitter.

Comment

Whew!
              Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

I've never been to a conference tournament either. This will be my first year! Then, the regional and frozen four (only if Denver makes it) because otherwise I'd be really bitter.
                Friday was great. Make Saturday even better!

Comment

• Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                  Whew!
                  Fargo with a whew too. Scheels will be rocking next Friday.
                  Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Any news on Poolman? Can't believe that wasn't a penalty on the hit that got him hurt.
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Everybody who is not a North Dakota fan is complaining about them hosting the regional in Fargo. What they have been failing to realize is that North Dakota may have the most difficult road to Chicago in terms of talent on teams they play in BU and likely Duluth. Should be a great atmosphere in Fargo, unlike Cinci where I'll be going.

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                      Any news on Poolman? Can't believe that wasn't a penalty on the hit that got him hurt.
                      Brad Berry said after the game that, "He'll be back next weekend" referring to the upcoming regional.

Comment

Everybody who is not a North Dakota fan is complaining about them hosting the regional in Fargo. What they have been failing to realize is that North Dakota may have the most difficult road to Chicago in terms of talent on teams they play in BU and likely Duluth. Should be a great atmosphere in Fargo, unlike Cinci where I'll be going.

Brad Berry said after the game that, "He'll be back next weekend" referring to the upcoming regional.
                        You obviously haven't been paying attention to how the Terriers have been performing the last month and a half if you think it's North Dakota that has the most difficult road.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          You obviously haven't been paying attention to how the Terriers have been performing the last month and a half if you think it's North Dakota that has the most difficult road.
                          I hope the team(BU) has the same mindset!

Comment

Who has a more difficult road then? I guess technically BU and OSU do, but in terms of teams that have a GOOD chance of getting to Chicago, North Dakota does have a tough road. I'd say BU is the second best #2 seed behind only UMass-Lowell.

Comment

Who has a more difficult road then? I guess technically BU and OSU do, but in terms of teams that have a GOOD chance of getting to Chicago, North Dakota does have a tough road. I'd say BU is the second best #2 seed behind only UMass-Lowell.
                              The team has been struggling offensively the past two months. On Friday, in a game against our arch rival, a team that needed a win to stay alive and a team BU had beaten 3 times this season already, a win would have given them a #1 seed and we would be staying east. Instead, they played poorly for most of the game, played well towards the end of the game and scored two goals late in the third to make it a little interesting, and now? They have to travel the furthest away to a regional in a state where they have to play the defending champs/host school in front of a sell out crowd of that school's fans for the right to play a team that has been ranked #1 or #2 for most of the season. Did I mention they're struggling offensively? Sincerely appreciate the respect you're giving them as on paper, this team should do well. But the game is played on the ice and given the reasons I've posted, your sandbagging is noted but lets be real here - the one team that has the hardest road would be BU. I saw that you guys beat Denver and literally came close to beating Duluth (fun game to watch). You guys are playing really well right about now and not sure if I've mentioned this but BU is struggling offensively.

Comment

The team has been struggling offensively the past two months. On Friday, in a game against our arch rival, a team that needed a win to stay alive and a team BU had beaten 3 times this season already, a win would have given them a #1 seed and we would be staying east. Instead, they played poorly for most of the game, played well towards the end of the game and scored two goals late in the third to make it a little interesting, and now? They have to travel the furthest away to a regional in a state where they have to play the defending champs/host school in front of a sell out crowd of that school's fans for the right to play a team that has been ranked #1 or #2 for most of the season. Did I mention they're struggling offensively? Sincerely appreciate the respect you're giving them as on paper, this team should do well. But the game is played on the ice and given the reasons I've posted, your sandbagging is noted but lets be real here - the one team that has the hardest road would be BU. I saw that you guys beat Denver and literally came close to beating Duluth (fun game to watch). You guys are playing really well right about now and not sure if I've mentioned this but BU is struggling offensively.
                                I do understand what you're saying but just remember, teams can turn things about quick with their season on the line - See Providence 2015 and Yale 2013. Those two teams had two of the most difficult roads to the national championship, and found a way to get it done despite struggling down the stretch of the regular season.

Do I think BU is going to beat North Dakota? Well, no. Do they have a chance? Well, yes.

I'm not a North Dakota guy either. I just see patterns with North Dakota and they ALWAYS play really well in regionals, hence the reason I have them going to Chicago. Being in Fargo doesn't hurt their chances either. I guess I'd be pretty surprised if BU beat North Dakota, but I have seen crazier things happen in this tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                X