PDA

View Full Version : Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Gr8Sk8M8
01-23-2017, 09:07 AM
Our recap: http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/2016/recap-northeastern-huskies-sweep-merrimack-warriors-ryan-ruck-dylan-sikura-brendan-collier-adam-gaudette/

Linked to Kummins' article via yours... Dennehy must have been watching a different game on Saturday...first goal was off of a rebound...second goal was bad 5 hole protection by Vogler and the 3rd goal was a great pass by Stevens to ZAR followed by a great individual effort by ZAR...

NU_Husky
01-23-2017, 03:01 PM
Discussion among the 3 bloggers: compare the forward lines for next year as they hinge on early departures.

No departures:
Sikura-Gaudette-Stevens
Hawkins-Filipe-Pec
Joz-Solow-Griffin
Schule-Schultz-Goldstein
Selanne, Lerario, Picking

Sikura/Gaudette both leave:

Hawkins-Filipe-Stevens
Jozefek-Solow-Pecararo
Griffin-Schultz-Schule
Goldstein-Picking-Selanne
Lerario

If they stay, I feel really good about the team next year. If they leave, not only are we down in the body count, but goal scoring takes a big hit too

TheRevengeance
01-23-2017, 04:11 PM
I still think that's a solid top 9 without them.

Of course, we also thought we had forward depth this year, and we all know how that turned out.

Gr8Sk8M8
01-23-2017, 04:57 PM
Discussion among the 3 bloggers: compare the forward lines for next year as they hinge on early departures.

No departures:
Sikura-Gaudette-Stevens
Hawkins-Filipe-Pec
Joz-Solow-Griffin
Schule-Schultz-Goldstein
Selanne, Lerario, Picking

Sikura/Gaudette both leave:

Hawkins-Filipe-Stevens
Jozefek-Solow-Pecararo
Griffin-Schultz-Schule
Goldstein-Picking-Selanne
Lerario

If they stay, I feel really good about the team next year. If they leave, not only are we down in the body count, but goal scoring takes a big hit too

Stevens was offered but did not accept a redshirt...that could mean nothing...but it makes me skeptical about his return next year...he showed very well at the Blues' camp and they don't have a lot in the system...

I'd be surprised if Sikura leaves...Rockford is scratching guys who would be getting minutes in just about every other system and Chicago, who is up against cap with only 43 contracts and no big pending departures, owns him until next year...

Gaudette, IMHO, is a better than even money bet to return...Vancouver is never in rush to sign guys...even less so a 5th rounder...he may return to NU for his senior season in an effort to get out of 5th round money...

NU_Husky
01-23-2017, 09:08 PM
Stevens was offered but did not accept a redshirt...that could mean nothing...but it makes me skeptical about his return next year...he showed very well at the Blues' camp and they don't have a lot in the system...

I'd be surprised if Sikura leaves...Rockford is scratching guys who would be getting minutes in just about every other system and Chicago, who is up against cap with only 43 contracts and no big pending departures, owns him until next year...

Gaudette, IMHO, is a better than even money bet to return...Vancouver is never in rush to sign guys...even less so a 5th rounder...he may return to NU for his senior season in an effort to get out of 5th round money...

Going off of information posted on DieHardDogs, it sounds as if Nolan is expected back next year as well. The same person also implied Sikura is expected back, as you did. Gaudette, I figured VAN wouldn't rush to sign him, what with the rebuild and such. If they both return, plus Nolan, there will likely be some preseason hype (again). But that's to worry about in the offseason .

northeastern
01-23-2017, 09:18 PM
I'm still hopeful for this season.
Lowell on Fri.. what are our chances. Providence just swept 'em, ..they will be looking to rebound from that.

Hope Coaches have team ready. Riverhawks having another strong season ..barring this past wknd.

Gr8Sk8M8
01-24-2017, 07:39 AM
Going off of information posted on DieHardDogs, it sounds as if Nolan is expected back next year as well.

Refusing a red-shirt is a red flag to me...I'm hoping that he will return and thus crossed are my fingers...

NU_Husky
01-24-2017, 08:04 AM
Refusing a red-shirt is a red flag to me...I'm hoping that he will return and thus crossed are my fingers...

He might just not want to be here for 5 years, so if he planned on always doing 4 the redshirt wouldn't fit his situation. His plan could have been be at NU for 4 years, get degree, and leave then, which he can do without redshirting. He may not see aa benefit of an additional year. Again, we don't know.

northeastern
01-24-2017, 09:10 AM
He might just not want to be here for 5 years, so if he planned on always doing 4 the redshirt wouldn't fit his situation. His plan could have been be at NU for 4 years, get degree, and leave then, which he can do without redshirting. He may not see aa benefit of an additional year. Again, we don't know.

makes sense.

HHound
01-24-2017, 01:06 PM

If Nolan has his degree after 4 years and has hopes of a pro career, staying for a 5th year vs. turning pro makes no sense. In order to stay he would have to take graduate courses - probably not what he has in mind. Furthermore, he seems to have set himself a goal of being able be able to play again this year. Let's hope he achieves that goal.

Thiessen'sBetter
01-24-2017, 04:28 PM
If Nolan has his degree after 4 years and has hopes of a pro career, staying for a 5th year vs. turning pro makes no sense. In order to stay he would have to take graduate courses - probably not what he has in mind. Furthermore, he seems to have set himself a goal of being able be able to play again this year. Let's hope he achieves that goal.

What is the latest on Nolan's prospects of returning sometime soon?

NU_Husky
01-24-2017, 06:04 PM

I believe next weekend is the target? Madigan mentioned something in a recent post game presser about 2-3 weeks.

TheRevengeance
01-24-2017, 07:16 PM
The 2-3 weeks was on Friday. So that would mean he's probably missing the fiirst games against Lowell and UMass. Lowell 2/Umass 2/Beanpot are when we start to wonder.

Gr8Sk8M8
01-25-2017, 11:15 AM

Still Beanpot...not cleared for contact...still in a Touch Me Not jersey...

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
01-26-2017, 11:33 AM
Info on recruit Jordan Harris:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/college-hockey-recruiting-ncaa/2017/1/26/14379624/prep-hockey-game-report-exeter-at-kimball-union-ushl-draft-arlo-merritt-jordan-harris-hunter-mccoy

northeastern
01-27-2017, 08:11 AM
G'luck NU.. will be watching you on NESN tonight.
Just give 'em a good gm.. chips fall where they may.
Go Huskies! :)

Split-N
01-27-2017, 10:29 AM
Will also be watching on NESN but would much prefer to see NU kick butt, dominate the game, and take all of the chips home with them.

northeastern
01-27-2017, 10:34 AM
Will also be watching on NESN but would much prefer to see NU kick butt, dominate the game, and take all of the chips home with them.

..ha, can't argue with that!

UML Puck Hawk
01-27-2017, 12:27 PM
..ha, can't argue with that!

I can

Thiessen'sBetter
01-27-2017, 02:36 PM
6 PM Friday games must be great for attendance. It's hard enough to get to Lowell by 7 from Boston.