PDA

View Full Version : Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

PPGuru
01-10-2017, 02:56 AM
Easiest way to sum this team up is to say that after the top 5 or 6 six players, they're just not good enough and they lack quality depth. Give me a grade for the following four groups: Goaltending; Defense (as a group); Top Two Forward lines (as a group); and Bottom Two Forward Lines (as a group).

NU_Husky
01-10-2017, 08:34 AM
Easiest way to sum this team up is to say that after the top 5 or 6 six players, they're just not good enough and they lack quality depth. Give me a grade for the following four groups: Goaltending; Defense (as a group); Top Two Forward lines (as a group); and Bottom Two Forward Lines (as a group).

Goaltending: D- Theut's taking a point from Notre Dame keeps it from an F.
Defense: B- I see a lot of good things to take away. Davies has been great. Cockerill is having a prolific season from the blue line, and has improved lately, both individually and as a leader. Shea has impressed me with his play. Williams can be physical but has taken a step back, offensively and defensively, IMO. That slap shot needs to be used more and set up more by the team. Wasted talent. Owens and Cecere are meh.
Bottom Six: C/C+: Filipe has impressed me the last few games. He will be a good power forward with time. Pond does his job well on line 4. Collier has started to play a little more lively. But Lerario is a bust so far, Jamieson is what he is, and Kurker has not produced since he arrived. This grade will likely improve when Pecararo/Jozefek return and players get moved around
Top 6: A: Only think keeping this from an A+ is Schule and Griffin not producing at Top 6 levels, but that's unfair to them, as they are not at that level yet. They have been good for cycles and possession, and Schule already has more goals than last year. ZAR is having a historic season, Sikura has continued to improve, and Gaudette has been great. Nolan is an incomplete due to injury.

Gr8Sk8M8
01-10-2017, 11:24 AM
Taking nothing away from winning 4 straight vs ND/BC/Lowell.

As well as the two straight from Maine and Notre Dame and the 11 straight prior...but you're taking nothing away...

We can make frame the argument as such that this is a tale of two Rucks but I will take nothing away from his performance last season...he even gave us a chance to beat BU in the first round of the Beanpot...

Agganis
01-10-2017, 11:36 AM
As well as the two straight from Maine and Notre Dame and the 11 straight prior...but you're taking nothing away...

We can make frame the argument as such that this is a tale of two Rucks but I will take nothing away from his performance last season...he even gave us a chance to beat BU in the first round of the Beanpot...

Naming the teams that NU beat during the hot streak doesn't change that on the whole he was a below average goalie last season. Not to mention that some of the wins were in spite of him, not because of him (most notably win 2 at ND and the semis vs BC).

J.D.
01-10-2017, 12:25 PM
Just ignore the BU Troll...

Troll on Troll action? I like it. Keep it going.

Tater
01-10-2017, 12:58 PM

To be a full Northeastern troll, he needs to put "BU" in lower case letters. :D

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
01-10-2017, 01:46 PM
Story on Aston-Reese:
http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hockey-east/2017/1/10/14134882/northeastern-zach-aston-reese-developing-into-top-nhl-free-agent-target-hockey-east-jim-madigan-ncaa

mookie1995
01-10-2017, 01:55 PM
To be a full Northeastern troll, he needs to put "BU" in lower case letters. :D

Mookie a still awaiting royalties......... :)

HHound
01-10-2017, 03:15 PM
Mookie a still awaiting royalties......... :)

Apparently, Godot, from Beckett, is a bu alum who will personally bring you the royalties that you richly deserve!:D

NU_Husky
01-10-2017, 04:42 PM

I'm not making an argument, the numbers literally point to it. Any competent Division 1 goalie should be able to post good numbers against a second half schedule that has a SOS of .231. Especially any goalie that plays in Hockey East. Winning the trophy was nice and we thank him for his service in that endeavor but it doesn't nullify what the numbers show or excuse the turd of a season he's put forth this year

Gr8Sk8M8
01-10-2017, 05:03 PM

I have a degree from NU...

Do you?

Where's Q-Pac, today, in pairwise, Troll?

UML Puck Hawk
01-10-2017, 05:25 PM
I have a degree from NU...

No one cares

Do you?

Doubt it since he is a BC fan

Where's Q-Pac, today, in pairwise, Troll?

18th, a whopping 11 spots ahead of NU. I feel like if I wanted to mock QU I wouldn't pick the ice. Its an overrated private school. Then again as an NU "Grad" I guess those in glass houses...

That is how you troll

northeastern
01-10-2017, 06:19 PM
That is how you troll

..indeed.
;)

on another note.. God help us against UNH. :)

J.D.
01-10-2017, 08:52 PM
18th, a whopping 11 spots ahead of NU.

Not really sure why he brought up QU, guess i am a huge fan of the bobcats.

UML Puck Hawk
01-10-2017, 09:00 PM
Not really sure why he brought up QU, guess i am a huge fan of the bobcats.

I was hoping it was a typo, but hours arguement would make even less sense then... then again :D

Gr8Sk8M8
01-11-2017, 08:59 AM
No one cares

More likely, no one understands what that means...as is evidenced by the fact that I am a NU alum and season ticket holder on an NU board and they - and you - aren't.

Doubt it since he is a BC fan

I'm glad to see that you put that UML education to good work.

18th, a whopping 11 spots ahead of NU. I feel like if I wanted to mock QU I wouldn't pick the ice. Its an overrated private school. Then again as an NU "Grad" I guess those in glass houses...

Well look at you...a Pedantic Little Snot suffering from University envy!

That said, I should have realized that none of you have a very good attention span...I was given Holy Heck by you and your fellow Bender Troll J.D. on my own NU board for making the since proven to be correct observation that QPac was not the Top 10 Pairwise team as was being predicted...

But tell me how I am the Troll...

UML Puck Hawk
01-11-2017, 09:58 AM
Well look at you...a Pedantic Little Snot suffering from University envy!

Always good to know I can still get under your skin bud. I'm doing just fine for myself in the "prestige" of my degree's. When NU gets a nuclear reactor on campus let me know.

J.D.
01-11-2017, 10:03 AM
That said, I should have realized that none of you have a very good attention span...I was given Holy Heck by you and your fellow Bender Troll J.D. on my own NU board for making the since proven to be correct observation that QPac was not the Top 10 Pairwise team as was being predicted...

Ya, you are totally misrepresenting what happened. I didn't make any predictions about how good Quinnipiac was. In fact, all I did was point out how stupid it was to reference the PWR at the time you did (very early in the season). My god you are stupid and a bad liar.

J.D.
01-11-2017, 10:08 AM
You're referencing PWR after two weeks? When some teams haven't even played a game yet?

Here it is. This is all I said. Did not say one thing about how good I thought Qunnipiac was or that the y would be top ten later in year.

Split-N
01-11-2017, 12:39 PM
...I'm doing just fine for myself in the "prestige" of my degree's...

The plural of degree is degrees -- without the apostrophe.