This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

Same **** new year. Ruck plays great, and the team plays like garbage. Good. Yay. Good showing. BC pressured the all night, they couldn't adjust and break out and get shots on net. Jerry York 1, Jim Madigan 0, again.
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• We are the Huskies.. & that's how we lose a game.. not just any which way.. that way with a few ticks left & a shortie to boot.
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Pleas get healthy Kurker and Nolan, we need the depth.
        These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Recap of Tuesday game:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...an-aston-reese
          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
            that lic. was transferred and blocked by the NCAA in 2009, Hancock’s position in the project restored that lic. to the current location thru some legal workings in the development and thru its contractual obligation with Delaware North.
            Source for any of this?

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
              Cockerill...woof. He actually had a couple decent weeks, but he was a train wreck again tonight. On a positive note, Ruck was a lot better tonight.
              Both goals trace directly to Cockerill. He had White covered all he had to do was a simple lift of the stick and the puck goes through. The blind pass in the neutral zone was just moronic...eat the puck if you have to...bull through it...I'd like to say that all of his instincts are bad but that would mean he has instincts. He doesn't.

Ruck needs to stay up as he went down far too soon...that last goal was a direct sight line for me...the amount of net he was giving up was very apparent...Kim could have put that puck just about anywhere where Ruck was not and it was a goal.

I thought that they were very lucky to get out of the first period scoreless. The 2nd and 3rd periods was very exciting hockey.

Comment

Dear Santa,

May we please get one of these?

“Just having such a good defensive coach back there in Coach Brown who knows everything about the game and everything about positioning,” began Kim. “Ever since I got here I’ve learned so much from him. He’s always there for me, doing film after every game. I owe a lot to him.”

Please drive carefully and kiss Mrs. Claus for us.

Sincerely,
                Huskie Nation

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
                  Pleas get healthy Kurker and Nolan, we need the depth.
                  It's not going to change the defense. 99% of the better defensive plays last night were made by ZAR, Filipe, Stevens and Griffin.

We have a situation wherein, game in/game out, the same players are making the same mistakes with the same results. Those players are uniquely on the blue line and absolutely nothing is being done to correct their errors.

They need to start having battle camps in practice. What the heck good is having a "system" when 2/5's of every line bring not even a modicum of skills and sense to the game?
                  Last edited by Gr8Sk8M8; 11-30-2016, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                    Source for any of this?
                    I am sure that just to move the lic from the location of Nickerson Field which was the grandfathered Braves lic. two blocks down on Comm. Ave. was considered a new lic. and Mayor M. didn't want to put more alcohol into a college community in which both he and the universities Boston and the Brookline neighbors saw as an opportunity to mitigate their risks. Something happened in that deal.

Anyway, if you missed it really kind of sucked to be there "LIVE" with maybe 1000 + people tops, as I was just waiting for it to happen and hoping for a tie, but as they as they say SSDD and the air came out of the room all at once.

To sum it up, Ruck plays well for 59 minutes and lets in a -itter unscreened from the top of the right circle 40 feet out, with 22 ticks left on the clock LOL! , team behind him kind of tanks all night, and Cockerill is the goat yet again! GO JM, GO HUSKIES...Someday you will beat BC. Oh, not without a D you won't! Really, what we are seeing is a team with perhaps a unique issue, the team is perhaps offensively one of the better teams in HE, but the D is a sold F and the net minding is a C.

We were almost 5-5-5! On the bright side that 5 wins is 500% more than we had last year at this point! Success!
                    Last edited by RossiRules; 11-30-2016, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                      Source for any of this?
                      He heard it from somebody who knows somebody. Remember, that's good enough! Must be true.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        He heard it from somebody who knows somebody. Remember, that's good enough! Must be true.
                        Like most Metro West secrets it's word of mouth & inside info, however in this case I heard it from Richard J. Towle himself when they were breaking ground for the Arena. I think he liked telling the story.

Comment

Originally posted by rossirules View Post
                          like most metro west secrets it's word of mouth & inside info, however in this case i heard it from richard j. Towle himself when they were breaking ground for the arena. I think he liked telling the story.
                          kapow

Comment

My thoughts and game recap. Tried to keep it professional. http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/20...ruck-joe-woll/
                            "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                              Like most Metro West secrets it's word of mouth & inside info, however in this case I heard it from Richard J. Towle himself when they were breaking ground for the Arena. I think he liked telling the story.
                              No worries. Might have seemed like I was taking a shot at you but I wasn't

Comment

Watched game on streaming which was quite good. Attendance is down across college hockey but last night's
                                attendance was embarrassing. Know it was a rainy Tuesday but still two local schools with good programs

Comment

Working...
                                X