PDA

View Full Version : Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Gr8Sk8M8
12-07-2016, 08:40 AM
Officiating was not the problem for NU. they just didn't play well.

Millea may be the worst ref not named Koharski in HockeyEast and Miller is not far behind. ZAR gets mugged by two players behind the net and taps one - who is the lesser of a better gene pool - who acts as if he's been shot and ZAR is off? A player steps up on ZAR in neutral zone as he releases the puck and gets the worst of it and an interference call? Lesser gene pool gets bumped into by a player (who the last time he threw a check was when he turned it into a paper airplane ) dives to the ice and NU player goes for hit from behind...the play you called "embellishment" was a beaten player grabbing and pulling...

You, troll, are insane if you think officiating was not a problem.

The third nu goal should have been blown dead for closing hand on the puck.

Puck was stopped with an open hand and dropped. Stop whining.

It was mike ayers, not york who was yelling about the closing hand on the puck.

York was whining about it too.

Not sure who the nu dman was but heck of a pass to zach walker for BC 2nd goal.

It wasn't a DMan...thanks for admitting that you don't understand what it is you pretend to be watching...

Look at PIM numbers. York is doing a terrible job "manipulating" refs. Get a clue.

They should have been higher for BC and less for NU.

You aren't to be taken serious anyway. You're here only to troll. Everyone in the Hockey world knows York is the Paterno of Hockey...an old cabernet with a leaky cork...

Gr8Sk8M8
12-07-2016, 08:53 AM
I saw it live...

York was working Millea almost from the get go of the game and, if my lip reading skills are up to par, Millea was trying to convince Miller that they should review it and was told, almost immediately, that the "dispute" wasn't reviewable.

York had surgery a few weeks ago to reattach his retina.

The non-call that lead to the fifth goal was a joke and highlights everything that has ever been wrong with hockey at all levels.

Ruck is horrible...they shot high on him all night...if he couldn't figure that out then one of the coaches should have and told him to "STOP GOING DOWN!!!"

Drew S.
12-07-2016, 08:54 AM
Millea may be the worst ref not named Koharski in HockeyEast and Miller is not far behind. ZAR gets mugged by two players behind the net and taps one - who is the lesser of a better gene pool - who acts as if he's been shot and ZAR is off? A player steps up on ZAR in neutral zone as he releases the puck and gets the worst of it and an interference call? Lesser gene pool gets bumped into by a player (who the last time he threw a check was when he turned it into a paper airplane ) dives to the ice and NU player goes for hit from behind...the play you called "embellishment" was a beaten player grabbing and pulling...

You, troll, are insane if you think officiating was not a problem.

Puck was stopped with an open hand and dropped. Stop whining.

York was whining about it too.

It wasn't a DMan...

They should have been higher for BC and less for NU.

You aren't to be taken serious anyway. You're here only to troll. Everyone in the Hockey world knows York is the Paterno of Hockey...an old cabernet with a leaky cork...

Millea had a horror show Saturday night and it wouldn't surprise me if he carried that same form into last night's game. The PP's at one point were 7-1 in favor of UNH with two extended 5X3's mixed in. How he still has a job is beyond me. I don't expect referees to be perfect but at least keep it somewhat even and get most of the big decisions right.

Nick Papagiorgio
12-07-2016, 09:14 AM
Look at PIM numbers. York is doing a terrible job "manipulating" refs. Get a clue.

Whoa whoa whoa facts are not welcome here. I wonder if Rossi would admit the snowjob that York and company received at Conte last year when genius HE officials awarded NU 6 straight powerplays (to only one for BC all game) while missing a blatant, dangerous boarding call against Gaudreau that allowed NU to score a goal seconds later. No no no no... we don't like facts here.

northeastern
12-07-2016, 09:27 AM
only glimmer..as someone mentioned.. we were down 4-1, came to within 1. The 5th G.. tough break (also in my opinion should have been a call right away).. anyway, we are where we are. hope the kids get healthy & we can make something out of it down the stretch. Fact is, our goaltending does need to get sharper.. i think the other things will come along but that ? in goal.. he needs to work it out himself.. he has been decent at times but in HE.. need to be better than decent.

Gr8Sk8M8
12-07-2016, 09:32 AM
Whoa whoa whoa facts are not welcome here. I wonder if Rossi would admit the snowjob that York and company received at Conte last year when genius HE officials awarded NU 6 straight powerplays (to only one for BC all game)

In the HE game, NU v BC at Conte arena last season, NU was awarded 4 PPs to BC's two in this order...BC 2 NU 1...BC 2 NU 1. The first BC penalty was when they tried to play with 8 players on the ice...the second penalty lasted all of 7 seconds before Millea whistled a phantom trip...

http://gonu.com/boxscore.aspx?path=mhockey&id=5593

while missing a blatant, dangerous boarding call against Gaudreau that allowed NU to score a goal seconds later.

Was that before or after Sanford elbowed JStevens in the head right in front of...wait for it...Jack Millea? Stevens lived but he was knocked out of the game.

No no no no... we don't like facts here.

Apparently, you don't.

Nick Papagiorgio
12-07-2016, 09:45 AM
In the HE game, NU v BC at Conte arena last season, NU was awarded 4 PPs to BC's two in this order...BC 2 NU 1...BC 2 NU 1. The first BC penalty was when they tried to play with 8 players on the ice...the second penalty lasted all of 7 seconds before Millea whistled a phantom trip...

http://gonu.com/boxscore.aspx?path=mhockey&id=5593

Wrong game nitwit, that was the game at Matthews.

Conte game:
http://hockeyeastonline.com/men/boxes16.php?mbc_noe1.d05

Apparently, you don't.

Ha, how embarrassing... Please consider putting some Draino in your eggnog this holiday season.

J.D.
12-07-2016, 09:51 AM
Nick, that toolbag is not worth responding to. Everyone is out to get poor ole NU. Every game there should be more penalties called on BC and fewer on NU.

J.D.
12-07-2016, 09:52 AM
"York is the Paterno of hockey"

yet i'm the troll

Nick Papagiorgio
12-07-2016, 09:55 AM
Everyone is out to get poor ole NU.

That would explain why they win about 1 meaningful trophy every 30 years or so.

Lemonade
12-07-2016, 09:56 AM
York was working Millea almost from the get go of the game and, if my lip reading skills are up to par, Millea was trying to convince Miller that they should review it and was told, almost immediately, that the "dispute" wasn't reviewable.

York had surgery a few weeks ago to reattach his retina.

The non-call that lead to the fifth goal was a joke and highlights everything that has ever been wrong with hockey at all levels.

Ruck is horrible...they shot high on him all night...if he couldn't figure that out then one of the coaches should have and told him to "STOP GOING DOWN!!!"

It was pretty informative in the BC post game press conference the BC player mentioned that Ruck was off his angles all night. Interesting feedback from an opposing player. Hopefully Ruck can get it fixed.

Split-N
12-07-2016, 09:56 AM
Millea had a horror show Saturday night and it wouldn't surprise me if he carried that same form into last night's game. The PP's at one point were 7-1 in favor of UNH with two extended 5X3's mixed in. How he still has a job is beyond me. I don't expect referees to be perfect but at least keep it somewhat even and get most of the big decisions right.

I wasn't able to watch last night's game so can't comment on the quality of the officiating (or lack thereof). Some general comments, though, not related to any one team: 1) D1 officials in the east (HEA and ECAC) have long had a reputation as being an "old boy" network, where who you know is more important than what you know; 2) Eastern officials tend to hang around too long; 3) The previous two comments aside, officials in any league call games the way the league poohbahs want them called; 4) Through the first eight weeks of the season, an average of seven more penalties per game were being called in HEA and the ECAC than were being called in the B1G and NCHC. 5) They've taken their foot off the pedal a bit in the last few weeks but there are still way too many marginal and outright phantom calls being made, IMO.

Drew S.
12-07-2016, 10:09 AM
I wasn't able to watch last night's game so can't comment on the quality of the officiating (or lack thereof). Some general comments, though, not related to any one team: 1) D1 officials in the east (HEA and ECAC) have long had a reputation as being an "old boy" network, where who you know is more important than what you know; 2) Eastern officials tend to hang around too long; 3) The previous two comments aside, officials in any league call games the way the league poohbahs want them called; 4) Through the first eight weeks of the season, an average of seven more penalties per game were being called in HEA and the ECAC than were being called in the B1G and NCHC. 5) They've taken their foot off the pedal a bit in the last few weeks but there are still way too many marginal and outright phantom calls being made, IMO.

The thing I've noticed this year is it seems like the refs go on long runs against one team. In the past it seemed more like penalties would alternate, which works better in my opinion.

Would Hockey East be better off going back to one referee? If they did this you could fire the bottom half of officials(including Millea). I think it's certainly worth taking a look at.

BCeagle
12-07-2016, 10:13 AM
You know in the previous games with Harvard, Minnesota, North Dakota, and even the game at Matthews where BC allowed 7 pp to the huskies , NU only had 1 pp goal. So let's not say we didn't get the calls. It works both ways.

Gr8Sk8M8
12-07-2016, 10:16 AM
Wrong game nitwit, that was the game at Matthews.

So sue me.

Which penalty that night did you *think* was unwarranted? Woods' Paul Bunyan act? Gaudreau, the lesser, whining about Baker not buying his diving act or his boyfriend taking exception to his boy b*tch being legally checked?

And that was the game that Sanford elbowed JStevens in the head...non call.

J.D.
12-07-2016, 10:18 AM
You know in the previous games with Harvard, Minnesota, North Dakota, and even the game at Matthews where BC allowed 7 pp to the huskies , NU only had 1 pp goal. So let's not say we didn't get the calls. It works both ways.

NU played terribly most of the night. That is why they lost the game. Complaints from both benches including Madigan throwing a tantrum that his grandson (if he has one) would be proud of. His player clearly embellished and the ref decided not to call anything rather than both. BC is one of the most penalized teams in the league but finds a way to overcome it. Guess some people will only be happy if they are the most penalized team in the league by a wide margin. And even that's not enough for some.

Gr8Sk8M8
12-07-2016, 10:20 AM
"York is the Paterno of hockey"

yet i'm the troll

This is a Northeastern board, troll. Couldn't care less about offending your God.

Gr8Sk8M8
12-07-2016, 10:22 AM
Ha, how embarrassing...

If you find the internet embarrassing then go play somewhere else...the median on Commonwealth Avenue by BU is as good of a place as any...

Gr8Sk8M8
12-07-2016, 10:28 AM
The thing I've noticed this year is it seems like the refs go on long runs against one team.

Or player...ZAR seems to be a bullseye this year...NStevens last year...Manson couldn't breathe on anyone without a call being made...

Gr8Sk8M8
12-07-2016, 10:45 AM
Would Hockey East be better off going back to one referee? If they did this you could fire the bottom half of officials(including Millea). I think it's certainly worth taking a look at.

All of hockey would be better off if they bumped up the pay for these guys so they're not doing PeeWee Minor games @ 2PM and then D1 at 7PM.