Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM 2016-2017 Season: Go Cats Go!

👍

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

As a born and raised Vermonter, I have always been a fan of UVM. Nice job by all re-focusing and getting a nice win.

Comment

I wonder why Wallack did the post game interview instead of Sneddon

Comment

Nice job under tough circumstances. Go Cats!

Comment

• Originally posted by j24vt View Post
            I wonder why Wallack did the post game interview instead of Sneddon
            Coach never does post game shows on the road.

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

I did not know that. Used to hearing Sneddon on the radio driving home. Only saw the 3rd period tonight. No sign of the dump and chase offense!

Comment

Regardless of what we think of the coaches or captains, you have to feel good for the players after that win.

As for the game I would be really like to see EV strength shot attempt numbers. Uvm looked like the better team 5x5, but they can't take that many penalties going forward. It was tough to see on the stream whether they were good calls or not.

Santaguida played great, hopefully that is something they can count on all year.

They looked like a team with real good speed that could control the puck in the o-zone and create shots. That seems simple but as we know this program isn't always able to count on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                  All non-conference games. This negatively affects all Hockey East teams.
                  It what way??
                  New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by CatClass08 View Post
                    Regardless of what we think of the coaches or captains, you have to feel good for the players after that win.

As for the game I would be really like to see EV strength shot attempt numbers. Uvm looked like the better team 5x5, but they can't take that many penalties going forward. It was tough to see on the stream whether they were good calls or not.

Santaguida played great, hopefully that is something they can count on all year.

They looked like a team with real good speed that could control the puck in the o-zone and create shots. That seems simple but as we know this program isn't always able to count on it.
                    Only saw the third period but a couple of the calls (against both teams) I saw were pretty soft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
                      O'Donnell gets beat wide...then can't contain his man and Clarkson scores..
                      ....and watch....he will be in the lineup tonight because he is this year's coachs' fave!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoser View Post
                        ....and watch....he will be in the lineup tonight because he is this year's coachs' fave!
                        No doubt. Not quick sure how these guys evaluate Dmen

Comment

Originally posted by Hoser View Post
                          I bet you are right... he was awful..so of course playing tonight.

Comment

Starting to really worry about our D and not because of our size. Lee and Hamilton just scare me with the puck now and Orbi
                            made a terrible choice on not playing the pass on the winning goal. Also Santa's puck handling was well we all saw it. I thought
                            Daigle was the best one last night and also liked Massie but he didnt play much in the third.

Irwin had a couple great plays that set up big chances, Shaw seems to lead the team in shots on goal from just insdie the blueline.

The bright side of all the suspensions is we got a chance to see alot of the newcomers.
                            New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

The defence is going to be the story all year. I just don't think they're going to be consistently good enough for this team to have a winning record. I hope I am just being pessimistic but we'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                                Starting to really worry about our D and not because of our size. Lee and Hamilton just scare me with the puck now and Orbi
                                made a terrible choice on not playing the pass on the winning goal. Also Santa's puck handling was well we all saw it. I thought
                                Daigle was the best one last night and also liked Massie but he didnt play much in the third.

Irwin had a couple great plays that set up big chances, Shaw seems to lead the team in shots on goal from just insdie the blueline.

The bright side of all the suspensions is we got a chance to see alot of the newcomers.
                                If by Orbi, you meant Abramson, he wasn't on for the winning goal. 3 and 18 were not good but logged the most minutes. The night before in the win, Hamilton and Abramson scored a goal, were plus 3 and dominated our zone. So, of course that means they were split up on Saturday. Daigle was consistent but I fear that this is as good as he gets and that is average at best. Massie was brutal and that is why he didn't play much in the second half. If this coaching staff thinks it can ride 3 and 18 to respectability, I think they are just plain wrong. Unfortunately Muscoby doesn't add much when he returns. Just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X