UVM 2016-2017 Season: Go Cats Go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM 2016-2017 Season: Go Cats Go!

Well it wasn't like we were never going to lose again.

Why the Cats lost Sat after winning Friday
    1. BU played better
    2. VT played worse
    3. Refs got worse(didnt think possible)
    4. No puck luck

A fun weekend and I hope the next few series are as entertaining with better results or course
    New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
      Well it wasn't like we were never going to lose again.

Why the Cats lost Sat after winning Friday
      1. BU played better
      2. VT played worse
      3. Refs got worse(didnt think possible)
      4. No puck luck

A fun weekend and I hope the next few series are as entertaining with better results or course
      I would also add in that the BU goalie made some great saves. The Cats could easily have had a few goals on the board and changed the game, but the BU goalie played very well and had a great game. Got to give credit where it's due. It wasn't all bad play from the Cats, BU just came up big when they needed to. Sometimes you just lose.
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Slight move up in the polls...

Hopefully the team can get back to their winning ways against #13 Union and really solidify that OOC record.
        Originally posted by Hokydad
        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

• Re: UVM 2016-2017 Season: Really?

It would appear the Cats have the highest profile series involving a Hockey East team this weekend. Not really saying much considering the only other matchup this weekend is UMass and Arizona State. Either way should be a fun one. Union has quality possession numbers and win over Quinnipiac (although not sure that really means much anymore). Definitely an opportunity to pick up 2 quality non-conference wins. Does anyone think Santaguida gets a start this weekend or do the coaches wait until the Bentley Series? I hope people actually show up. I assume the students will all be gone.

Comment

Interesting look at the numbers finds that even thou Union has the best line in the country with 86 points Vermont
            actually has the better PP 17.2 to 14.95. Try and figure that one out.

Sounds alot like what we had when St Louis and Perrin were here. PP was good but never great. That line did most
            of its scoring on the rush as they seemed to be more dangerous shorthanded than on the PP.
            New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

• Re: UVM 2016-2017 Season: Really?

Originally posted by CatClass08 View Post
              It would appear the Cats have the highest profile series involving a Hockey East team this weekend. Not really saying much considering the only other matchup this weekend is UMass and Arizona State. Either way should be a fun one. Union has quality possession numbers and win over Quinnipiac (although not sure that really means much anymore). Definitely an opportunity to pick up 2 quality non-conference wins. Does anyone think Santaguida gets a start this weekend or do the coaches wait until the Bentley Series? I hope people actually show up. I assume the students will all be gone.

Lekkas is 4th nationally in GAA, and 8th in Save %...he deserves both starts this weekend unless disaster strikes on Saturday. Sneddon has made a habit of sitting really good goaltenders after one bad (or mediocre) game. Let's not make this mistake again: http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/s...sfer/83848508/

Comment

Game Day! Go Cats!!!

Comment

Ugh, this makes two pummelings in a row at home now! We get down 2-0 quickly, which has been our modus operandi this year, battle back to tie it at 2 (also our MO), completely dominate the first part of the 2nd period in terms of puck possession, and then in a matter of seconds, find ourselves down by 2 again. What gives? Do we just chalk it up to a bad stretch, like all teams have at some point in the season, or is it a sign that we're probably not as good as our unexpected start would indicate? Would you start Lekkas again today, or see if some time off has done Santa good? If we don't win today, is it time to hit the panic button? Probably not, but another game like last night would be VERY concerning. Go Cats!

Comment

The story last night was defensive breakdowns. Lots of them. Backing in on the goalie. Too many Union players unaccounted for in the crease scoring off rebounds. I think Muscoby wasn't 100% after he blocked the shot halfway through the second period. Hamilton pinched in from the point at least two times I can remember that led to odd man rushes. Also lots of weird turn overs and bad passes. At times it seemed like the puck had jelly on it and kept getting stuck to the ice

union has some deceptively fast players.

I really like the Alvaro/Colton/Shaw line and hope that is permanent for the rest of the year. Time to stop tinkering Mr. Sneddon.

At the end of the 2nd when it was 5-2 I remember thinking "It's not over; this team can score goals."
                    Last edited by j24vt; 12-18-2016, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• I'll be there today. Can't wait. Looking forward to a good game.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Time to make some changes in the d pairs.

Comment

Wow! That is quite the shakeup!

Comment

Wow, dropped to #16 in pairwise. A total of 3 goals in our last 3 games! Lost weekend. About the only plus is they weren't league games! Maybe this team is returning to earth and back to our rightful place in the hockey world -- mediocrity.

Comment

Odd Puskarich did not play. He already has had 5 games off to rest.

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin St. Louis Fan View Post
                                Odd Puskarich did not play. He already has had 5 games off to rest.
                                Thought the same thing. The Cats certainly could have used some offense. I assume Sneddon wasn't happy with his play Saturday, especially on defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X