Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM 2016-2017 Season: Go Cats Go!

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
    We move up to #14 in the USCHO poll! Funny, we're second best among HE schools in Pairwise, but only 5th best in the poll. Not an issue in my mind, but how the heck do they have the Domers ahead of us in the poll?!? That's a little annoying....
    Not to mention the team directly in front of you got swept by Princeton at home.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
      I think both Sneddon and Hamilton went to somewhere this off season as I don't recognize this game plan/style or the player. Both are great so far!
      Not so sure about that......according to one of the freshman d, Hamilton was cut after last season but asked to be given a chance to play his way back into Sneddon's good books over the summer. He did and that is what caused Ferguson to be such a late cut as he got the chop instead. Hamilton has had his ups and downs over his 4 years but to think he was not capable of being on this team was lunacy. Props to the kid for sticking it out and proving the coaching staff wrong.

Comment

It certainly isn't always the highly touted cream that rises to the top.....
        Sometimes good hard effort and consistent play will get you the playing time.
        Before the season started the boards thought a lot of the lineup would be different.
        Some of the less hyped guys have been favorites.....Bradley, Puffer, Priv...etc.
        Awesome to be able to roll 4 lines AND still have guys in the stands that slide right in when called upon.

oh.....and 'magnificent' goaltending certainly helps.....!

Go Cats Go!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoser View Post
          Not so sure about that......according to one of the freshman d, Hamilton was cut after last season but asked to be given a chance to play his way back into Sneddon's good books over the summer. He did and that is what caused Ferguson to be such a late cut as he got the chop instead. Hamilton has had his ups and downs over his 4 years but to think he was not capable of being on this team was lunacy. Props to the kid for sticking it out and proving the coaching staff wrong.
          To be honest alot of us thought Hamilton wasn't deserving of playing time with what we saw on the ice when he first came here, getting beat one on one and making bad gambles that cost goals. But like
          you said big props for how much he has chanced and upped his game to not only make the lineup but be best Dman so far this year.
          New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

God I'll consign on the announcing being difficult to take... had an Irish boxing commentary feel to it. Cat lover appreciate those stats.

Hamilton has developed into a first pair defenseman strong both ways... credit to the kid and coach however it happened. I certainly didn't see it coming.

Team is really fun to watch this season. A 9-3-2 record does does that haha but we are playing with a lot more style/ aggression.

Lekkas "The Magnificent" positioning and reflexes, even plays the puck well. I think someone posted this link http://www.sfstampede.com/news_artic...tefanos-lekkas earlier in the thread (sorry for no credit on my phone). Worth a read if you haven't checked it out.

Winning on "bad days" (Northeastern and Umass 2x stick out to me) really makes a difference in the standings.

Hope we come out strong against BU!

Comment

*******Lekkas The Magnificent
              upload photos

Comment

• Originally posted by CTcatamount View Post
                *******Lekkas The Magnificent
                upload photos

Goalie is impressive! Q put 40 shots on him...let up 1...listed at 5:11 which men's 5:9...not your pro typical D1 goalie...but once again the experts are wrong on this one...he is real deal..".don't judge book by cover"

Comment

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...ek_vermont.php

Nice article here on the Cats and the Friendship Four tourney. Also some insight into Hamilton's play, where Sneddon talks of "tough conversations" and "harsh feedback."

Comment

Good off week for UVM. get to rest from the trip and up to 4th in the PWR as of now.. BU 5th.. that will be big next weekend.

Comment

Gotta hate off weeks after big weekends but on the bright side a few upsets in the top20 last night helped
                      bump the Cats up to #4 in pairwise & RPI. Only 6 more days till BU.

Comment

What are we thinking in regards to the BU series?

The Gut will be rocking. The team is well rested, healthy, and should be motivated to get out on the ice after their recent play and the weekend off. I'd take a split, but even more than that I want to see the same style we've been playing. No sitting back in the trap! Lets take it to them on home ice and get a sense of where the team currently stands.

If Keller misses out that does boost our chances... don't want to root against a kid that's injured but hopefully he makes a full recovery (Sunday).

Comment

Haven't been this excited for a December home weekend in quite awhile. Student tickets for Friday sold out in less than two hours so the Gut should be buzzing. I actually expect them to pick up 2 points, but if they could pick up 3-4 it would be a huge statement. My concern is that this team gets swept and it completely destroys them mentally.

Comment

On an unrelated note, Burlington's Ben Finkelstein has 10pts in 18gms as a Freshman D as St. Lawrence. How did this guy not end up at UVM? Did the coaches completely miss him or he just wanted to go somewhere else? Not often that NHL draft picks come out of this state.

Comment

The Friday game last year was one of the more entertaining games to watch. We hung with them all game and kept digging in the third.
                              I hope our forecheck tenacity puts some pressure on their youngish team.
                              The Gut WILL play a role this weekend!

Go Cats Go!

Comment

Originally posted by CatClass08 View Post
                                On an unrelated note, Burlington's Ben Finkelstein has 10pts in 18gms as a Freshman D as St. Lawrence. How did this guy not end up at UVM? Did the coaches completely miss him or he just wanted to go somewhere else? Not often that NHL draft picks come out of this state.
                                Thats South Burlington by the way. Had the pleasure to coach him and his brother in little league, bummed he didnt play high school here.

Comment

Working...
                                X