UVM 2016-2017 Season: Go Cats Go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM 2016-2017 Season: Go Cats Go!

I think the extra day to regroup will do them good. Maybe we will see a new look going forward.
    Last edited by Nosmo King; 11-10-2016, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Didn't see the game last night, but I'm more than a bit concerned the offense is returning to its regular, non-productive ways. Power play has been nonexistent and they're not converting opportunities. Only 5 goals in 3 games since the return of our "scorers." They got the win and I'm happy for that, but there are some definite warning signs for how this season is shaping up.
      Last edited by UVM Cat in Texas; 11-13-2016, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
        Didn't see the game last night, but I'm more than a bit concerned the offense is returning to its regular, non-productive ways. Power play has been nonexistent and they're not converting opportunities. Only 5 goals in 3 games since the return of our "scorers." They got the win and I'm happy for that, but there are some definite warning signs for how this season is shaping up.
        Great to get a win but your concern is warranted. Several of the suspended players are not pass first guys and the amount of offensive zone pressure that was generated during the first five games is absent as bad shots are being taken and pucks skated into the corner rather than passed to an open teammate. The same guys are trotted out on the power play. Some played it last year as well when UVM was near the bottom of the NCAA. How about some new alignments and someone at the point who can actually shoot the puck. The O'Donnell era is baffling still.

Comment

Glad to see the team pick up the win. That pushes the OOC record to 4-1-1 against some pretty stiff competition. That should go along ways in the PWR. Now as long as they can take care of business in HE... two against Maine coming up. They should be taking 4 pts here... anything less than 3 will be disappointing, although UMO managed to take one off Lowell so the Cats need to be prepared.
          Originally posted by Hokydad
          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Any news on Bowen? Really liked the line combinations last night:

Privitera/Puffer/Puskarich
            Bradley/Darrar/Bowen
            Alvaro/Colton/Forgione - hope this line stays together for the rest of the year
            Shaw/Lodermeier/Coughlin
            Last edited by j24vt; 11-16-2016, 10:54 AM.

Comment

How I wish my team were able to dispatch Dartmouth as easily as Vermont always seems to. Well...there was a point where that was the case...

Comment

This weekend series against Maine will tell us a lot. Traditionally, this is the type of series where we'd get a split (at best). To the extent we want to be contending for an NCAA berth we need 3 points minimum against an unranked team at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Catamount93 View Post
                  This weekend series against Maine will tell us a lot. Traditionally, this is the type of series where we'd get a split (at best). To the extent we want to be contending for an NCAA berth we need 3 points minimum against an unranked team at home.
                  The Black Bears have yet to win on the road (0-3-2). Based on past performances by Maine, I would predict a Maine win or tie on Friday night and a Catamount win on Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Catamount93 View Post
                    If you guys are good enough to compete in the ncaas, you should beat maine easily at home
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      If you guys are good enough to compete in the ncaas, you should beat maine easily at home
                      Correct, we should. The question is, will we?

Comment

They've shipped a lot of goals this season... and we've been scoring.

Also as mentioned above they are struggling on the road. Don't want to be too greedy but 3 points seems a reasonable expectation.

Comment

Hope so, but let's remember this is a team that also beat Lowell and Quinny.

Comment

How about the Men's Soccer team! 4-1 over Rider in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. Looked like a great time at Virtue.

Next up Virginia...

Highlights for anyone interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFjZVdXeYU0

Comment

• Originally posted by Catamount93 View Post
                              Hope so, but let's remember this is a team that also beat Lowell and Quinny.
                              Both of those wins were at home though. Like others I think all three results are possible tonight and Maine likely loses tomorrow. Maine is something like 3-25-2 in their last 30 road games.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I hope the boys are not looking past this weekend on their way to the Emerald Isle....
                                They need to make up for the series in Maine-land last year. I thought is was a buzzkiller series after starting the year last year playing all those ranked teams.
                                Then losing to Maine.....
                                Also would be nice if they played a few more games with consistent lines.

Go Cats Go!

Comment

Working...
                                X