UVM 2016-2017 Season: Go Cats Go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM 2016-2017 Season: Go Cats Go!

One other thing I wanted to mention is that Ori Abramson is skating 100% better than last year. Was surprised that Massie didn't play Sunday. I thought he was the most consistent of the freshman D Friday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Catamount93 View Post
      I've been chirping about Sneddon and I'm not ready to jump on the bandwagon that he's the permanent answer just yet. Nobody's rooting for the Cats and Sneddon to prove me wrong harder than I am, but how many times over the last several years have we had runs of outstanding play only for them to come unglued? In my opinion, many.

The best news is that we have been able to pretty consistently put up 3-4+ goals per game, which is always what holds us back. Our defensive play has never been awful.

I want to see us still playing well in late January before I'm ready to give Sneddon more leash.

Go Cats!
      I totally agree with this. I love what this team has done so far this season, but it's only Halloween. We've seen UVM have early season success plenty of times, before falling off in the second have and missing out on NCAA's. Whether it is a lack of scoring, or inconsistent goaltending or maybe a lack of quality coaching throughout the season, there is plenty that has gone wrong in the past. Still, at this point, stick tap to the players and the coaches for being able to keep the season on track despite everything that went on.

Comment

Originally posted by CTcatamount View Post
        Not that it matters too much but I call bs if we aren't ranked higher than 15
        Not sure what bothers me more..the Cats only getting ranked #19 at 4-1-1 or the fact that Michigan at 3-3-1 is ahead of us.
        New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
          Not sure what bothers me more..the Cats only getting ranked #19 at 4-1-1 or the fact that Michigan at 3-3-1 is ahead of us.
          You know how the rankings work....slow to go up and slow to come down.
          Being in the Top 10 in the opening ranking virtually guarantees a school a ranking for the first two months even if they play lousy!

Comment

Originally posted by j24vt View Post
            One other thing I wanted to mention is that Ori Abramson is skating 100% better than last year. Was surprised that Massie didn't play Sunday. I thought he was the most consistent of the freshman D Friday night.
            He will play after the O'Donnell love affair ends....if it ends......

Comment

Great Weekend!

Saw the NU game live and thought after the first few shifts we would have no chance to match their speed, but we hung in there.
              The Gaudette/Sikura combo are as quick and skilled as any in Hockey East. They might be a little too aggressive and that helped the Cats. They took a lot of shots wide and over the net, but were great at making space for themselves. NU didn't seem to have the depth that UVM had.

As far as our D getting skated around a few times, they also had active sticks that tipped/blocked shots after getting beat on foot.
              The forwards are great at coming back and helping this year for the most part. (there are always a few guys that turn up ice a little prematurely).
              Our D also seem to be 'getting pucks through' on shots from the point. Not always on net, but at least not an instant turnover.

Nitpicking a little, early in the game we missed chances to get the puck deep and 'go to work' on the forecheck. Those turnovers led to bad changes and/or some primo scoring chances that Lekkas bailed them out on.
              Maybe the goals were not highlight reel wristers or full ice dekes, but they were earned. Nice crashing the net goals or protecting and being patient for the 5 hole winner.
              Hope even more offense comes when Bradley and Mario really get their legs and the freshmen phenoms get going.

Let's hope they dont stall out next week at Tsongas.

I love our team character right now as well. Very blue collar with an edge of mischief!

Go Cats Go!

Comment

Any insight on Shaw being out on Sunday? Obviously someone had to sit, but surprised it was him... I know he can take some stupid penalties, but his size and physicality is an advantage.

Comment

Exactly, CatClass08. I'm hopeful things are going to be different, but I need some more evidence. Looking forward to the weekend and having me show them I don't know what I'm talking about!

Comment

Originally posted by charliecatamount View Post
                    Any insight on Shaw being out on Sunday? Obviously someone had to sit, but surprised it was him... I know he can take some stupid penalties, but his size and physicality is an advantage.
                    Sneddon sat the whole line (Darrar/Shaw/Bowen).

Comment

UML will be a tough pair of games. I think a split is reasonable, but certainly be a sweep in either direction depending on play.
                      Originally posted by Hokydad
                      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by Hoser View Post
                        You know how the rankings work....slow to go up and slow to come down.
                        Being in the Top 10 in the opening ranking virtually guarantees a school a ranking for the first two months even if they play lousy!
                        More like traditional powerhouses go up fast down slow.

The Middle and bottom feeders go up real slow and drop real fast.
                        New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                          More like traditional powerhouses go up fast down slow.

The Middle and bottom feeders go up real slow and drop real fast.
                          Exactly!

Comment

Pairwise is the only ranking that matters

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                              UML will be a tough pair of games. I think a split is reasonable, but certainly be a sweep in either direction depending on play.
                              Ummmmm Jcarter... what the hell is this rational posting before a UML series?

Comment

*******UML Alumni For Trump
                                photo hosting

How Lowell is this...

Comment

Working...
                                X