UVM 2016-2017 Season: Go Cats Go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM 2016-2017 Season: Go Cats Go!

It would be really cool to walk across the street and drown my sorrows at Nectar's after a game. I think if it ever happens, this will be how. UVM just isn't going to come up with money. I don't think Burlington will support public money for an arena. SB on the other hand is a wealthy community that loves hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by CatClass08 View Post
      I don't think Burlington will support public money for an arena. SB on the other hand is a wealthy community that loves hockey.

I wouldn't count Burlington out, through the years they've thrown more money away on dumber things. Look at how much money has been wasted already on the Moran Plant. That said, you are correct. SBTV has money, has a desire to develop a town center on Dorset Street, actually wants the arena, has a better location with the interstate more accessible, and is still close enough for students to get to. Knock down the U mall and put up a nice arena. Something big enough to bring in other acts throughout the year.
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
        I wouldn't count Burlington out, through the years they've thrown more money away on dumber things. Look at how much money has been wasted already on the Moran Plant. That said, you are correct. SBTV has money, has a desire to develop a town center on Dorset Street, actually wants the arena, has a better location with the interstate more accessible, and is still close enough for students to get to. Knock down the U mall and put up a nice arena. Something big enough to bring in other acts throughout the year.
        Not to digress too far from Hockey but the Moran deal appears to be the ideal way a city has analyzed its public private partnership and in this case determined it was not viable and put a stop to it and has told the developer to go back come up with a new proposal. It was also not 'funded' by tax payers but was set up to give tax incentives to new businesses so in essence subsidizing via tax breaks. This would put non productive city owned land into use, cleaning up the waterfront, and bringing in new business and thus hopefully future tax revenue.

http://vtdigger.org/2016/07/21/burli...redevelopment/

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
          Cats are currently(i know its way early and dont mean a thing)#7 in both RPI and Pairwise. Tops for all HE teams.

Sure beats the killer schedule from hell and tough start from last season.
          Don't get too excited. There is still plenty of time for the coaches to coach the talent right out of these kids.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
            Not to digress too far from Hockey but the Moran deal appears to be the ideal way a city has analyzed its public private partnership and in this case determined it was not viable and put a stop to it and has told the developer to go back come up with a new proposal. It was also not 'funded' by tax payers but was set up to give tax incentives to new businesses so in essence subsidizing via tax breaks. This would put non productive city owned land into use, cleaning up the waterfront, and bringing in new business and thus hopefully future tax revenue.

http://vtdigger.org/2016/07/21/burli...redevelopment/
            It's only sat vacant for so many years because BTV city government can't get out of their own way. I've cast votes on how the land should be used and I moved out of Burlington nearly 10 years ago. In the meantime there has been votes, revotes, clean up costs, legal fees AND tax incentives that have been bourne by the tax payers. Best move I ever made was selling my house and moving out of Burlington.

Regardless, I can see an arena being built in Burlington and it would be great for the City if they could get it done. That said, I don't have much faith they can, nor do I think it's the best spot. Next to Exit 14 in S.BTV is far away the most logical spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule617 View Post
              Don't get too excited. There is still plenty of time for the coaches to coach the talent right out of these kids.
              I was actually thinking along these lines ... not so much coaching it out of them, but rather not getting any better. Maybe we do alright at the beginning of the season simply because the team is ready to play earlier. They just never progress while everyone else does. UNO will be better in March, the question is will the Cats?

Comment

I will be going to Matthews on Sunday and hopefully will get a good eyeball test on how the boys are doing when they integrate the captains.
                Going to miss the Friday tilt, but sure hope the effort from last week comes back and maybe the "M" will be a little jet lagged......

Go Cats Go!

Comment

Looking forward to the game tonight... really interested to see how Sneddon manages the return of the captains.

Was very impressed with Lekkas and hope he comes out with another strong performance tonight. I've never been convinced by Santa - fairly or not. I don't like his style (moves around in the net too much, gives up the top half, doesn't play his angles well) which leads to the soft goals. Lekkas and Santa are both small guys but from limited viewing I feel like Lekkas plays bigger.

I'd like to see something like this:

J. Priv-Puffer-Coughlin
                  Shaw-Bradley-Mario
                  **-Colton-Irwin
                  Forgione-Lodermeier-Blanleil

** Bowen/Darrar/Best/Alvaro- I think it's hard to leave Darrar or Bowen out but when putting together my lines I couldn't find another spot.

Defense is such a mixed bag... I haven't seen enough of the young guys to really have an opinion on them. If Ori is out there I guess I'm fine with it.

Lekkas

I'll also be at Matthews Sunday for my first live game of the season... psyched. I'm interviewing for a new assignment down in UVM CAT in TX's current home state (Georgia) so this may be my last season of hitting the Mass/CT/RI away games.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                    I was actually thinking along these lines ... not so much coaching it out of them, but rather not getting any better. Maybe we do alright at the beginning of the season simply because the team is ready to play earlier. They just never progress while everyone else does. UNO will be better in March, the question is will the Cats?
                    This is what happened two years ago. First half of the year they won 14 out of 18 or something like that and then just flatlined after the new year. Granted they lost Mario down the stretch, but it still seemed like the rest of the conference caught up and then surpassed their play.

Comment

Originally posted by CTcatamount View Post
                      Looking forward to the game tonight... really interested to see how Sneddon manages the return of the captains.
                      We'll have to wait one more game for that. Remember, the four suspended captains return on Sunday at NU, not tonight.

Originally posted by CTcatamount View Post
                      I'm interviewing for a new assignment down in UVM CAT in TX's current home state (Georgia) so this may be my last season of hitting the Mass/CT/RI away games.
                      All right, we can start a UVM hockey fan club down here in Georgia! Watch the 2 or 3 games that are televised nationally each year and drink Heady Topper! Of course, you'll have to bring the Heady Topper.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                        We'll have to wait one more game for that. Remember, the four suspended captains return on Sunday at NU, not tonight.
                        D'oh! Thanks haha.

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                        All right, we can start a UVM hockey fan club down here in Georgia! Watch the 2 or 3 games that are televised nationally each year and drink Heady Topper! Of course, you'll have to bring the Heady Topper.
                        I will arrange for something if that ever happens haha... like Hill Farmstead, Treehouse, or Heady.

Comment

• Re: UVM 2016-2017 Season: Really?

O'Donnell is awful.. who was he giving that puck to?

Comment

I think we have our goalie for the year.. and the 4 guys who are suspended should stay off the ice for now.. keep the team as it is if they keep this up..

Comment

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
                              O'Donnell is awful.. who was he giving that puck to?
                              Rinse.. repeat..

Comment

you guys are smokin this team tonight. Nice going! 41-20 in SOG and 3-0 with a couple minutes left.

Comment

Working...
                                X