3 Minnesota-Duluth 7- 2-3 113 3
      4 St. Lawrence 11- 0-1 107 4
      5 Colgate 12- 0-1 85 5
      6 Boston College 9- 3-2 74 6
      7 Clarkson 10- 3-1 71 7
      8 Quinnipiac 9- 4-1 39 8
      9 North Dakota 6- 4-2 32 9
      10 Northeastern 10- 3-1 12 NR
      Others receiving votes: Robert Morris 5, Princeton 2, Bemidji State 1.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-wo...#ixzz4Q2KHHQ2V
      Last edited by Blackbeard; 11-14-2016, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• Re: USCHO Poster's Poll: '16-'17

My unofficial "official" list

1) Wisconsin - The most complete team. Period.
        2) Minnesota - Improved goaltending and secondary scoring is on Santa's list.
        3) St Lawrence - Pairwise aside, would anyone bet on them beating either MN or WIS?
        4) UMD - Resume building coming along nicely.
        5) Colgate - Word association still comes up toothpaste but quality wins could change that.
        6) Clarkson - BC or Clarkson? Clarkson gets the nod.
        7) BC - BC here for now but they will probably be singing the Jefferson's theme song soon.
        8) Quinnipiac - a lot of talent to be hangng out here.
        9) Northeastern - Somebody's got to finish second in Hockey East.
        10) UND - Hawks go from the frying pan to the fire this week although they have the color green going for them
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

3) St Lawrence - Pairwise aside, would anyone bet on them beating either MN or WIS?
          The box scores for St. Lawrence and Wisconsin's common opponent suggests it would be a good game.

Comment

Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post
            The box scores for St. Lawrence and Wisconsin's common opponent suggests it would be a good game.
            Good game maybe, but on neutral ice I would put my money on Wisconsin. Long way to go obviously, but it could very well be their year. However there are a few teams, St. Lawrence and Minnesota among them, that are good enough to upset the applecart.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

1) Wisconsin - The most complete team. Period.
              2) Minnesota - Improved goaltending and secondary scoring is on Santa's list.
              4) UMD - Resume building coming along nicely.
              5) Colgate - Word association still comes up toothpaste but quality wins could change that.
              6) Clarkson - BC or Clarkson? Clarkson gets the nod.
              7) BC - BC here for now but they will probably be singing the Jefferson's theme song soon.
              8) Quinnipiac - a lot of talent to be hangng out here.
              9) Northeastern - Somebody's got to finish second in Hockey East.
              10) UND - Hawks go from the frying pan to the fire this week although they have the color green going for them
              Love this analysis. Not in 100% agreement, but very well done. You know the teams. My differences (if you care) and they are subjective (meaning I'm not right) - UMD could be better than SLU, Clarkson slightly better than Colgate, Princeton is going to make noise and will probably make an appearance here soon, and really not sure about Northeastern. I agree, but really dislike, that BC is going to be "moving on up" based on running a winning streak against HE teams. Put them in ECAC or WCHA and we wouldn't be saying that.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckRush View Post
                Love this analysis. Not in 100% agreement, but very well done. You know the teams. My differences (if you care) and they are subjective (meaning I'm not right) - UMD could be better than SLU, Clarkson slightly better than Colgate, Princeton is going to make noise and will probably make an appearance here soon, and really not sure about Northeastern. I agree, but really dislike, that BC is going to be "moving on up" based on running a winning streak against HE teams. Put them in ECAC or WCHA and we wouldn't be saying that.
                Good contribution. Colgate is undefeated, but 19th in the nation in Quality Win Bonus. And yeah, BC will probably run up a lot of wins in HE. Skipping too far ahead here, but if BC doesn't make it into the top 4 by the end of the year, they will be an undesirable draw in the quarter finals. Although there may be a number of good games in the quarters this year

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                  Good contribution. Colgate is undefeated, but 19th in the nation in Quality Win Bonus. And yeah, BC will probably run up a lot of wins in HE. Skipping too far ahead here, but if BC doesn't make it into the top 4 by the end of the year, they will be an undesirable draw in the quarter finals. Although there may be a number of good games in the quarters this year
                  I'm looking forward to the stink that will be caused by #5 Duluth playing #2 UM/UW in the quarterfinals
                  Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                  Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                  Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

As we have seen in the past, with the high number of games against each other, it is highly unlikely that the WCHA could have 3 of the top 5 teams in the Pairwise. For example, that current WCHA top 3 has 10 games remaining against just themselves. That's 10 more losses to be added to loss totals. Then in the league playoffs there are probably two more. Assuming arguendo that the currently higher ranked team wins all of those games you would have an at least 6 loss Minnesota and an at least 9 loss UMD. More likely is something like a 2 to 4 loss Wisconsin, a 2 to 5 or 6 loss Minnesota and an 8 or 9 loss UMD.

Barring the more eastern leagues all playing towards 6 or 8 loss league champions it wouldn't appear likely that the western match-up will be 2 v. 5, more likely something like 3 v. 6, or 3 v. 7.
                    Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckRush View Post
                      I agree, but really dislike, that BC is going to be "moving on up" based on running a winning streak against HE teams. Put them in ECAC or WCHA and we wouldn't be saying that.
                      If things hold, Minnesota will play against only three teams with winning records in the 34 game regular season. Maybe down to two teams if North Dakota drops to .500 after this week-end.

Comment

Finally some stabilization this week. Not much movement at all.

Week VIII Posters Poll:

Code:
                        Rank Votes  Team (1st place votes)  Range (Mode)  Last week (change)
                          1.    99  Wisconsin (9)           1-2   (1)     1
                          2.    88  Minnesota               2-3   (2)     2 
                          3.    80  St. Lawrence (1)        1-4   (3)     3
                          4.    69  Minnesota-Duluth        3-6   (4)     4
                          5.    60  Colgate                 4-8   (5)     5
                          6.    52  Clarkson                5-6   (6)     6
                          7.    39  Boston College          7-8   (7)     7
                         t8.    22  North Dakota            6-10  (10)    9 (+1)
                         t8.    22  Quinnipiac              8-NR  (8)     8 
                         10.    14  Northeaster             7-NR  (10)    ARV (+1)

Also Receiving Votes:
                                 4  Robert Morris           9-NR  (9)     ARV
                                 1  Princeton               10-NR (10)    ARV (-1)

Dropped Out:
                                    None

Here’s the Week 8 chart: https://s12.postimg.org/mpc3xc7nv/poll.png

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                          I'm looking forward to the stink that will be caused by #5 Duluth playing #2 UM/UW in the quarterfinals
                          I thoroughly enjoyed the stink raised here by the NE/BC matchup last year

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                          Colgate is undefeated, but 19th in the nation in Quality Win Bonus.
                          maybe so, but until somebody beats them ....

could happen soon, looks like they begin a tough schedule
                          and if they drop one to St. Cloud ....
                          Last edited by pokechecker; 11-16-2016, 07:26 PM. Reason: Coincidence? 5 blue states legalized pot, one red state turned it down

Comment

Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post
                            If things hold, Minnesota will play against only three teams with winning records in the 34 game regular season. Maybe down to two teams if North Dakota drops to .500 after this week-end.
                            I might take in your point if the WCHA wasn't 15-1-2 against NC opponents. All your stat does is show how tough it is on a team's record to be in a conference with 2-3 pretty unstoppable teams.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                              I thoroughly enjoyed the stink raised here by the NE/BC matchup last year
                              That's true there was quite a stink but IN FAIRNESS the WCHA playing each other in the quarters is because of the way the rules are set up. BC playing NU last year flew in the face of their own rules. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                                BC playing NU last year flew in the face of their own rules.
                                Not really. The No. 1 rule seems to be, "Cheap out whenever possible." They state it as minimize flights, but the cost of bussing Princeton to Boston and putting the Tigers up in a hotel must have been astronomical in the eyes of the NCAA compared to an intracity pairing. The problem wasn't so much about fairness, because there wasn't much difference between Princeton and Northeastern, but that it is hard to build interest in the sport when the same, tired games are played over and over.

At least if it is a question of UMD being sent to Minnesota or Wisconsin, the Bulldogs can go wherever the bracket says they should go. North Dakota would always be sent to Minneapolis, even if the rankings were 1. Minnesota, 4. Wisconsin, and 5. North Dakota, with a huge gap between No. 5 and the rest of the field.

I doubt anything gets done about this until somebody from the East really gets screwed by it. For example, a field where Wisconsin is 1, Minnesota appears to be 5, just a bit behind BC in 4. Robert Morris wins the CHA, but the Colonials would have gotten in anyway at 6. UND takes the WCHA from outside the top 8. The bracket comes out, and surprise! It turns out the committee has different math that has the Gophers in 4, just ahead of BC. The Gophers still host North Dakota, even though it looked like both would be road teams. RMU goes to Madison. Instead of hosting Minnesota, BC goes on the road to play Clarkson at No. 3.
                                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                                X