Hockeyeast Zebra's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockeyeast Zebra's

Great early season league game yesterday between BU and Providence. Great offensive plays, defensive plays, goal tending. BU deserved the win. With that said the refs really wanted to be part of the game.

The Stripes call 21 penalties during the game!

The last one was a weak *** holding call away from the play against the Friars with less than two minutes left in the third period and the score was 3-2.

Let them play the game!

Re: Hockeyeast Zebra's

Depends what the coaches want. If they want the rule book called as written and interpreted, you get one game.

If you want a "managed" game, you get one that is completely different.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red View Post
      Great early season league game yesterday between BU and Providence. Great offensive plays, defensive plays, goal tending. BU deserved the win. With that said the refs really wanted to be part of the game.

The Stripes call 21 penalties during the game!

The last one was a weak *** holding call away from the play against the Friars with less than two minutes left in the third period and the score was 3-2.

Let them play the game!
      If you are a Friar fan, penalties shouldn't surprise you. Just to make sure it wasn't my imagination, I did a quick stat check. In the 14 years in Hockey East, Providence has led the league in penalty minutes 6 times, and been in the top three in minutes 9 times.
      "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

I was surprised in the amount of penalties.
        This is hockey east. We let anything slide!

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
          If you are a Friar fan, penalties shouldn't surprise you. Just to make sure it wasn't my imagination, I did a quick stat check. In the 14 years in Hockey East, Providence has led the league in penalty minutes 6 times, and been in the top three in minutes 9 times.
          BU has been in the top three 5 times since joining in 2005-06 (11 seasons), including the last 4, and has lead the league once. So, really no surprise that there were a lot of penalties called. For BU the question is if they can cut down on the number of penalties this season. Certainbly they are not off to a good start.

Sean
          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
          BU Hockey highlights and extras
          NCAA Hockey Financials
          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

BU certainly has a history of recruiting some absolute hacks -- Melissa Anderson and Kayla Tutino chief among them.
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
              BU certainly has a history of recruiting some absolute hacks -- Melissa Anderson and Kayla Tutino chief among them.
              Melissa did rack up penalties, but I'm not sure why you think Kayla was so bad (other than your self-proclaimed dislike of BU). And BC has no problem recruiting players who take penalties, Dana Trivigno being an excellent example.

Sean
              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                Melissa did rack up penalties
                She also once dove at the surgically repaired knee of one of our players 50 feet behind the play 2 seconds before the final whistle. So.

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                I'm not sure why you think Kayla was so bad (other than your self-proclaimed dislike of BU).
                Yeah, that must be it.
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  She also once dove at the surgically repaired knee of one of our players 50 feet behind the play 2 seconds before the final whistle. So.

Yeah, that must be it.
                  She was in the way.
                  Tuti wasn't so bad.

Now Warren and Fratkin, they lived in the box.

Comment

Working...
                  X