Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
    I see that Red Genderon is out at Maine. Walt Kyle is out at NMU. And Dave Burkhardt is out at Niagara. Any chance Mr. Hollis grows a pair and makes a change at MSU?
    Don't forget Appert out at RPI

Comment

• Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
      I see that Red Genderon is out at Maine.
      Where did you see that? I can't find any mention of this.

Comment

I was just perusing the um page here on the forum, and they are suggesting that it may be D.Cole replacing Red after this season. Given how he was treated by MSU when Hollis hired tCHHCoMSU, could be true.

And if true, that would be devastating for MSU.
        That must be pure speculation. Probably due to the U-18 connection. I'm also not quite sure Cole has the resume to be seriously considered for that position. Has Red even announced his retirement yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
          That must be pure speculation. Probably due to the U-18 connection. I'm also not quite sure Cole has the resume to be seriously considered for that position. Has Red even announced his retirement yet?
          That's what they are blathering about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Where did you see that? I can't find any mention of this.
            Coaching change thing on the forum.

Comment

Coaching change thing on the forum.
              What coaching change thing on which forum? Nothing mentioned in the Maine forums. Nothing on USCHO.com, nothing on CHN.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                I relayed the information and it comes from a reputable source with direct access to higher-ups in Yost. No I will not reveal names but I'd put this at about 97% probable. It's happening, of course it won't be official until after the team banquet....
                Originally posted by alfablue
                Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                  I relayed the information and it comes from a reputable source with direct access to higher-ups in Yost. No I will not reveal names but I'd put this at about 97% probable. It's happening, of course it won't be official until after the team banquet....
                  I'd say Cole is right for the job, and he's surely got enough local connections and perhaps just enough incentive to embrace the opportunity. That being said, it seems to me that six years ago he was all but a sure bet for the job at MSU and, well, ...

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                    I'd say Cole is right for the job, and he's surely got enough local connections and perhaps just enough incentive to embrace the opportunity. That being said, it seems to me that six years ago he was all but a sure bet for the job at MSU and, well, ...
                    I don't have enough information to say either way. On one hand Cole is a sparty thus I'm leery. On the other hand Cole coming to Michigan will royally **** sparty off, that makes it worth it to me.
                    Originally posted by alfablue
                    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                      I don't have enough information to say either way. On one hand Cole is a sparty thus I'm leery. On the other hand Cole coming to Michigan will royally **** sparty off, that makes it worth it to me.
                      Yeah - I'm going out on a limb here to say that if Cole lands with aajc, and this program stays with Anastos, what Hollis sewed in 2011 will be the most bitter harvest ever reaped by MSU hockey. Heck, maybe for the athletic program in general. And Hollis' status as a buffoon will be solidified.

Comment

• Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                        Yeah - I'm going out on a limb here to say that if Cole lands with aajc, and this program stays with Anastos, what Hollis sewed in 2011 will be the most bitter harvest ever reaped by MSU hockey. Heck, maybe for the athletic program in general. And Hollis' status as a buffoon will be solidified.
                        tRCMB has claimed that Hollis didn't return Nate Leaman's call back then. I have no idea how true that is but he certainly never considered an interview for candidates like Leaman and that alone is enough for me to get a bit miffed whenever Hollis is mentioned.

Comment

It's 4:41 into the 3rd and Ohio State has scored 4 unanswered. It is my dearest wish that this is Anastos' last 15:19 ever behind a D1 hockey bench.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                            It's 4:41 into the 3rd and Ohio State has scored 4 unanswered. It is my dearest wish that this is Anastos' last 15:19 ever behind a D1 hockey bench.
                            My guess is that your wish will be granted.
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                              tRCMB has claimed that Hollis didn't return Nate Leaman's call back then. I have no idea how true that is but he certainly never considered an interview for candidates like Leaman and that alone is enough for me to get a bit miffed whenever Hollis is mentioned.
                              Astounding if true. But the meathead-in-charge was never a Union man.

Comment

• Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                                Boy I hope your right.

Comment

Working...
                                X