Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Fun Fact: MSU baseball scored 51 runs in 4 games this past weekend and in 28 games this season MSU hockey has only scored 63 goals.

Comment

Well last home series. PSU seems to have fallen back to earth a bit after smashing a very soft non-con schedule but they're still pretty good, definitely better than us. It might be a tad petty and indicative of the jealousy I feel that they have ascended past us already while we languish under current leadership but it would feel pretty good to bomb their RPI. I don't think MSU coming away with 0 wins is even close to a guarantee.

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
        Fun Fact: MSU baseball scored 51 runs in 4 games this past weekend and in 28 games this season MSU hockey has only scored 63 goals.
        ::: scratches chin ::: Is it legal to strap stick blades to baseball bats?

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
          Well last home series. PSU seems to have fallen back to earth a bit after smashing a very soft non-con schedule but they're still pretty good, definitely better than us. It might be a tad petty and indicative of the jealousy I feel that they have ascended past us already while we languish under current leadership but it would feel pretty good to bomb their RPI. I don't think MSU coming away with 0 wins is even close to a guarantee.
          I just see any more wins this season. A 2-16-2 B10 season.

Comment

Jake Smith new recruit for 2017... http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=290388

Does this mean Appleton is gone?
            Last edited by wsummers; 02-23-2017, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsummers View Post
              Jake Smith new recruit for 2017... http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=290388

Does this mean Appleton is gone?
              Not sure. As far as I know we only have 2 forwards officially signed for next year and we lose 5 or 6. I'm not sure there is an accurate source of who our current commits are. I use CHN but they make plenty of mistakes.

Comment

Not sure. As far as I know we only have 2 forwards officially signed for next year and we lose 5 or 6. I'm not sure there is an accurate source of who our current commits are. I use CHN but they make plenty of mistakes.
                I had heard from a Anaheim Scout at the Lumberjacks game last Friday, that Appleton has had enough and will leave. I'd call that a 60% chance he's gone.....Unless tCHHCoMSU leaves first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
                  I had heard from a Anaheim Scout at the Lumberjacks game last Friday, that Appleton has had enough and will leave. I'd call that a 60% chance he's gone.....Unless tCHHCoMSU leaves first.
                  I do not know how the players feel about the coaches but this does feel pretty similar to MacEachern's situation. I personally thought he could have used another year in college and think so with Appleton as well but I'm just some fan/message board poster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                    I do not know how the players feel about the coaches but this does feel pretty similar to MacEachern's situation. I personally thought he could have used another year in college and think so with Appleton as well but I'm just some fan/message board poster.
                    Agreed. I think he could use another year or two. But there is only so much incompent coaching one can stand.

Comment

Jake Smith makes apparently 6 that are listed at College Hockey Inc. as 2017-18 freshmen. If Appleton leaves, that makes 8 who are currently forwards who won't be there next year. Knudsen however I count as a bonus, being a d-man who got quite a lot of time at forward because of Stenglein's injury. 7 would still be a lot, but it would mean 18 of 71 overall goals lost. Not nearly as bad a percentage as we've averaged in the last 8 seasons.

It doesn't address the issue however of having 7 returning forwards in the fall with only (I'm assuming) 4 or 5 new scholarship forwards. Keefer and Lewandowski are signed. I am assuming that Smith, Stevens, Apap and Lalonde will be on campus this year too. I think anyone else will be waiting to see what happens in 3 or 4 weeks.

Comment

I was hoping for at least a tie to mess with their Pairwise ranking. How we routinely give up a goal within a minute of scoring is almost amazing.

Senior night tonight. 2-2-1 in Anastos' tenure, but 0-2-1 in the Big Ten.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

If MSU loses out, and that includes losing the quarter final tournament game, they will have the lowest win percentage in program history since the program was re-established in 1950. Around 0.171%. I really do feel for these kids that suffered through such poor coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
                            If MSU loses out, and that includes losing the quarter final tournament game, they will have the lowest win percentage in program history since the program was re-established in 1950. Around 0.171%. I really do feel for these kids that suffered through such poor coaching.
                            Me too. I'm sure it's even worse when they take their last skate around after after a loss.

Comment

Still winless on senior night in the Big Ten.

Four regular season games left, most likely one tournament game. I don't see a win.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                                Still winless on senior night in the Big Ten.

Four regular season games left, most likely one tournament game. I don't see a win.
                                A team that's afraid of shooting at a goalie who gives up rebounds is a team that's not going to win.

Comment

Working...
                                X