Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

This season has been an absolute disaster, but that Saturday game was pretty enjoyable. (Granted, it was pretty much a pillow fight on ice skates, but a fun pillow fight nonetheless.)
    Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
    66 - 86 - 07
    59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
    59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
      This season has been an absolute disaster, but that Saturday game was pretty enjoyable. (Granted, it was pretty much a pillow fight on ice skates, but a fun pillow fight nonetheless.)
      Before Saturday night's outcome, you have to go back to 2007-08 for the last time MSU won the season series. That year State was 2-1-1 against the pups. I'm including non-conf & post-season in this. Coincidentally, 07-08 was the last season (before this) that MSU won the head-to-head goal differential.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
        Neither can your team.
        We're pathetic yes but compare records....

Yes we're both bad though. Rest easy guys, I think that you're hockey team is distracted by the sex scandal currently going on at sparty. Hollis has bigger fish to fry than Anastos. One more year!
        Originally posted by alfablue
        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

I think Anastos is there for a LONG time to come and I've brought this point up before.
          When MSU has a softball coach who in 25 years only had ONE season above .500 and several years ago a season with NO conference wins and is STILL there what hope have you got for upgrading from Anastos? Obviously somebody in your athletic department doesn't give a sh#t it you have winning sports programs there or not!
          I'm not picking on you guys, it's just kind of a sad truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
            I think Anastos is there for a LONG time to come and I've brought this point up before.
            When MSU has a softball coach who in 25 years only had ONE season above .500 and several years ago a season with NO conference wins and is STILL there what hope have you got for upgrading from Anastos? Obviously somebody in your athletic department doesn't give a sh#t it you have winning sports programs there or not!
            The difference is there is comparatively zilch potential revenue wrapped up in softball here, while hockey is 3rd on the li$t. It is hoped that the current AD will recognize that little nuance and make the right move.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
              The difference is there is comparatively zilch potential revenue wrapped up in softball here, while hockey is 3rd on the li$t. It is hoped that the current AD will recognize that little nuance and make the right move.
              I had a conversation with Mason several years back about the SB coach and was told several factors on how much longer she may be around and that timeframe has come & gone with no changes met for her continuance and yet there she still is. For some reason they have turned their backs on the need to restore your program as well.
              I wish you the best to get results but I certainly wouldn't be holding my breath.
              I'll see you all this weekend at Munn!

Comment

I had a conversation with Mason several years back about the SB coach and was told several factors on how much longer she may be around and that timeframe has come & gone with no changes met for her continuance and yet there she still is. For some reason they have turned their backs on the need to restore your program as well.
                I wish you the best to get results but I certainly wouldn't be holding my breath.
                I'll see you all this weekend at Munn!
                I'll be there in grocery bag headwear.

With multiple salacious story-lines running through MSU athletics, it's no slam dunk that the current AD won't be a former AD - so it could be ... academic

Comment

I have heard from a good source, one that I trust, and trust with my life, that there are many in the Athletic Dept (read that as large donors and longtime administrators) that viciously attack any sport that is not FB or Men's BB. And I do mean VICIOUSLY ATTACK. In their way of thinking, if title IX did not exist, the only sports played would be the big two. Screw the rest. So, sadly, you may be correct in your assertion that tCHHCoMSU will be here a long time.

It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out. Some are suggesting, as I understand it, the Head Football Coach may have knowledge of the assault by his guys. And didn't come forward. Don't know if that is true. I pray not. And knowing him to be a man of faith, I can't imagine him withholding information.
                  Tough times.

Comment

I've always thought that Joseph must have something on someone to continue to stick around. Given what has happened the last six months, and especially this week, that may very well be true.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Re: A Knuble at MSU?

The script couldn't be any more simple.

Football axes the recruiting expert. Maybe more sanctions coming their way too. But since this is a hockey forum, the other one is more relevant.

The retirement of the gymnastics coach isn't enough, people will call for someone higher up to be made accountable. Assistant AD Richard Bader, who oversees gymnastics as part of his responsibilities, is already eligible for retirement and his wife just retired too. Bader "falls an the sword" and that means there's an administration position open. And who better to take that than someone who ran a conference, runs an NCAA committee, and has dealt with the national organization on many issues for years. Asbestos gets kicked upstairs as the 'clean it up' candidate. Hollis is praised that he's making big moves to clean up the department, and doesn't have to fire him as the hockey coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                        I've always thought that Joseph must have something on someone to continue to stick around. Given what has happened the last six months, and especially this week, that may very well be true.
                        I have often thought that as well!

Comment

It applies to all sports when a program gets to the point where it's just "dead in the water" and a facilities upgrade or promises won't bring it back.
                          A coaching change it the only remedy that works by taking a program in a different direction and revitalizing recruiting. And hopefully by hiring a known and successful coach and not a relative unknown who may not have the means to change anything.
                          It seems like most universities for whatever reason just keep the coaches of the non-big two sports around way too long when they aren't getting the job done.

Comment

• Re: A Knuble at MSU?

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                            The script couldn't be any more simple.

Football axes the recruiting expert. Maybe more sanctions coming their way too. But since this is a hockey forum, the other one is more relevant.

The retirement of the gymnastics coach isn't enough, people will call for someone higher up to be made accountable. Assistant AD Richard Bader, who oversees gymnastics as part of his responsibilities, is already eligible for retirement and his wife just retired too. Bader "falls an the sword" and that means there's an administration position open. And who better to take that than someone who ran a conference, runs an NCAA committee, and has dealt with the national organization on many issues for years. Asbestos gets kicked upstairs as the 'clean it up' candidate. Hollis is praised that he's making big moves to clean up the department, and doesn't have to fire him as the hockey coach.
                            This.

I don't care how Machiavellian the maneuver, as long as everyone saves face and the right move is made behind the bench.

Comment

I was looking at the kids coming in this summer. Eight of them. That's 17 sophomores and freshmen next year.
                              Great.

Comment

Whelp, back at it tonight. I think it'll be a close game but yet another loss: 4-3 sounds about right.

Comment

Working...
                                X