Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    Maybe this is a sign that significant changes can and will be made soon (say, before April):
    Reports: MSU AD Mark Hollis resigns as First Vice Chair of LEAD1

The phrase tweeted that caught my eye was "Hollis said it was to focus his efforts on duties as MSU athletic director".

Add:
    Could be he was nudged in that direction by someone(s) he reports to I recall that President Simon's husband is a huge hockey fan, so do the math.
    Also could be that he is having to deal with Suzy Merchant's unexpected health issues. I believe he said in an interview last night that he had to practically make her take the leave of absence. Scary situation with her and I hope they figure out whats wrong.. nothing worse than not knowing.

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
      Also could be that he is having to deal with Suzy Merchant's unexpected health issues. I believe he said in an interview last night that he had to practically make her take the leave of absence. Scary situation with her and I hope they figure out whats wrong.. nothing worse than not knowing.
      I think you are correct on Suzy Merchant. Scary situation that. Pray that the Dr's get to the bottom of this.

As for tCHHCoMSU, maybe the AD will take a good hard, long look at what a trash fire looks like, and notice the similarities to that and what is happening with the Hockey Program.

Comment

About Friday, the unknowns are pretty intriguing.
        What kind of score can we expect? Blowout? Shootout? Low score or high score?
        Who should have more fire in their bellies and who will be "going through the motions"?
        Who's in goal?
        What will the crowd numbers be like, and what % will be MSU-biased?

Food for thought as I enjoy my lunch

Comment

I have a feeling one game will be a UM blowout and the other will be a coin flip.

Don't know what the Yost crowd will be like Friday, but Munn is just about sold out for Saturday.
          Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
          66 - 86 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

One game will be a UM blowout. 5-1,6-2 sort of game.
            the other, 4-3 um.
            And tCHHCoMSU will blather on about how they're progressing.

Comment

5-1 at Yost
              3-1 at Munn
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

C'mon guys. Michigan is a bad team this year. They're not blowing us out and I doubt they sweep us.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                  C'mon guys. Michigan is a bad team this year. They're not blowing us out and I doubt they sweep us.
                  I would be shocked if MSU gets swept. Then again, I was fairly shocked at what I walked into at the Northeastern ... contest.

Comment

Just $10 SROs left for Saturday.
                    Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                    66 - 86 - 07
                    59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                    59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Even Anastos didn't expect this year to be going this poorly... He speaks like a man who knows the end is near unless some serious winning happens very very soon. Good article from the LSJ yesterday.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/s...lumn/96774506/

My predictions are UM 5-4 and then MSU 5-2 on Saturday.
                      Last edited by gomsuman; 01-20-2017, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Even Anastos didn't expect this year to be going this poorly... He speaks like a man who knows the end is near unless some serious winning happens very very soon. Good article from the LSJ yesterday.

About time the LSJ picked up on things. Good article.

Comment

Also Graham Couch and Chris Solari talk MSU hockey for a good 20 minutes on this weeks episode of Spartan Speak.. link- http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/s...ckey/96793978/

Basketball till 17:20 mark then hockey rest of the way.. so if you only want the hockey talk skip to around 17:20. Solari covered hockey for a long time before getting the beat writer job at the Free Press this summer so he knows more than most when it comes to this program..

Comment

Also Graham Couch and Chris Solari talk MSU hockey for a good 20 minutes on this weeks episode of Spartan Speak.. link- http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/s...ckey/96793978/

Basketball till 17:20 mark then hockey rest of the way.. so if you only want the hockey talk skip to around 17:20. Solari covered hockey for a long time before getting the beat writer job at the Free Press this summer so he knows more than most when it comes to this program..
                            Solari also covered hockey for SNews, back when SNews was actually a, well, newspaper.

Comment

I listened to the Pod Cast. Very interesting take on things at Munn. I was wondering why the exterior project had stalled. And it seems to be not only money, but lack of interest from the Ath. Dept? And supporters? And having been to UND, and Miami, (not PSU yet), I understand why a kid would want to go play in front of those crowds instead of at MSU. It is certainly a different atmosphere at Munn then 20-30 years ago. Both Crouch and Solari seem to think that if he (tCHHCoMSU) doesn't get some wins pretty quick, he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
                                I listened to the Pod Cast. Very interesting take on things at Munn. I was wondering why the exterior project had stalled. And it seems to be not only money, but lack of interest from the Ath. Dept? And supporters? And having been to UND, and Miami, (not PSU yet), I understand why a kid would want to go play in front of those crowds instead of at MSU. It is certainly a different atmosphere at Munn then 20-30 years ago. Both Crouch and Solari seem to think that if he (tCHHCoMSU) doesn't get some wins pretty quick, he's gone.
                                The original plans to renovate Munn ended up seeing costs spiraling out of control. With the amount of concrete that would have to be moved, it quickly became cost prohibitive. The alternate plan was to "flip" the facility and move the Spartan hockey offices, locker room, and everything to the south side of the arena, with the visiting locker rooms moving to the north side. The expansion would then happen at ground level on the plaza facing Munn Field (offices & new weight room on that level at a minimum). That didn't really resonate with the donors, and especially irked the handful that contributed to the new cold tub and training room renovation.

As for who sits in the big office, we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                                X