Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
    I remember sitting behind Miller's while they disparaged Rick Comley. I'm wondering how they feel now.
    Oddly, thinking about how Comley was honored with the Macinnes award over the weekend, I wonder if he's chuckling over the irony with the current state of things here.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
      Speak for yourself, I love it.
      Holy smokes, talk about throwing stones in glass houses.
      CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
        Oddly, thinking about how Comley was honored with the Macinnes award over the weekend, I wonder if he's chuckling over the irony with the current state of things here.
        Anastos being worse doesn't make what he did look any better. In the grand scheme, there's not much difference between MSU finishing 30th or 50th in the country every year.
        Originally posted by dicaslover
        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
          Anastos being worse doesn't make what he did look any better. In the grand scheme, there's not much difference between MSU finishing 30th or 50th in the country every year.
          When Comley was coasting here, at least he was still putting pieces in place to go to the tournament every four years. I have no clue when this team will even sniff the tournament bubble again under Anastos.
          Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
          66 - 86 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
            When Comley was coasting here, at least he was still putting pieces in place to go to the tournament every four years. I have no clue when this team will even sniff the tournament bubble again under Anastos.
            It won't get close enough enough for a sniff. I see this week-end being a scUM sweep.

Comment

Y'all know, MSU could end up setting even more records this season. The first B10 team to go without a conference win: 0-20 And continuing the streak of most conference tournament games without a win: 0-4.
              tCHHCoMSU will finally get in the record books!

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                Except those teams had a more positive impact on other programs' pairwise

Comley had two major flaws. 1. Couldn't evolve with the new demands of recruiting,2. Didn't have a very good rapport with key players.

He was a better x's & o's coach, however. But he tried to maintain a level of competitiveness with less and less talent.

Comment

Y'all know, MSU could end up setting even more records this season. The first B10 team to go without a conference win: 0-20 And continuing the streak of most conference tournament games without a win: 0-4.
                  Could you please tone down your optimism?

Comment

Simmer down, you'll get a win this weekend.
                    Originally posted by alfablue
                    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                      Simmer down, you'll get a win this weekend.
                      Not a chance. Not in EL or West Ypsi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
                        Not a chance. Not in EL or West Ypsi.
                        Eh, Michigan's not any better than we are this year. I'd say any game against them is pretty much a coin flip.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                          Eh, Michigan's not any better than we are this year. I'd say any game against them is pretty much a coin flip.
                          scUM has the better coach. MSU got lucky to tie the loser game. And then of course lost, in OT.

Comment

Maybe this is a sign that significant changes can and will be made soon (say, before April):
                            Reports: MSU AD Mark Hollis resigns as First Vice Chair of LEAD1

The phrase tweeted that caught my eye was "Hollis said it was to focus his efforts on duties as MSU athletic director".

Add:
                            Could be he was nudged in that direction by someone(s) he reports to I recall that President Simon's husband is a huge hockey fan, so do the math.
                            Last edited by owslachief; 01-18-2017, 09:23 AM.

Comment

NHL central scouting Mid-season projections have these rankings for North American skaters, MSU-related
                              #61 D Tommy Miller (2017)
                              #127 F Patrick Khoderenko
                              #201 F Nolan Moyle (2018)
                              #202 F Skyler Brind'Amour (2018?)
                              Last edited by owslachief; 01-18-2017, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                                Maybe this is a sign that significant changes can and will be made soon (say, before April):
                                Reports: MSU AD Mark Hollis resigns as First Vice Chair of LEAD1

The phrase tweeted that caught my eye was "Hollis said it was to focus his efforts on duties as MSU athletic director".

Add:
                                Could be he was nudged in that direction by someone(s) he reports to I recall that President Simon's husband is a huge hockey fan, so do the math.
                                I had that thought as well. I want to say that I am not going to hold my breath buuuut again, how can the program's performance over the last 5 years be justified? It can't.

Comment

Working...
                                X