Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
    About time. I have no clue why we're not scheduling annual home-and-homes with BGSU and WMU.
    I'm also pleased to see BG back on the schedule. I was relieved when things started to come back together after they almost lost the program.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
      I forgot about hockey until yesterday. That snuck up really quickly.

I see that morale is up and we're ready for a big year!

I will be excited to see the team play, actually. I mean, I predict I will be excited until I watch us have to grind it out against our Canadian cupcake like most other recent years but that's 5 entire days from now.
      As for this, I'll try to look for positivity until it's certain that this year will be another agonizing slog. Maybe we'll end up surprised?

On that note, what sort of season would we have to have for you to feel OK about the future? To think "maybe something is coming together."

I'm gonna say .500 + a strong incoming class. Expectations are low. Low enough to where .500 feels quite unlikely. Considering the schedule, it'd be an impressive feat with the youth and how last season went.

No really sure what else to say. Maybe I'll have more before Toronto.

Comment

Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Originally posted by streaker View Post
        Somehow you think either ND or U-M values that match-up. Seeing the light suggests that your program suddenly raises the PWR values for these teams to schedule over and above other programs that don't complain about the agreements.
        I suppose if you'd rather play and see the likes of Niagara or RMU at home then that's your prerogative. We're an hour bus ride away. Home and home series make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
          As for this, I'll try to look for positivity until it's certain that this year will be another agonizing slog. Maybe we'll end up surprised?

On that note, what sort of season would we have to have for you to feel OK about the future? To think "maybe something is coming together."

I'm gonna say .500 + a strong incoming class. Expectations are low. Low enough to where .500 feels quite unlikely. Considering the schedule, it'd be an impressive feat with the youth and how last season went.

No really sure what else to say. Maybe I'll have more before Toronto.
          Have to go .500. There's no excuse for anything less this far in. But I'll be surprised if we even get double digit wins.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
            I suppose if you'd rather play and see the likes of Niagara or RMU at home then that's your prerogative. We're an hour bus ride away. Home and home series make sense.
            It's not any fan's choice. It is U-M Hockey's decision. I just think the old stale argument that Michigan doesn't travel for road series (in lieu of asking for home series) has been disproven since the B1G was formed and allowed more nc games. What is negotiated is between the programs. If they bring BG in and travel back the following year, great. I never felt that there was a fierce rivalry even with our proximity, so pardon me for not being excited. We are glad that your program was revived, though and has flourished a bit in the WCHA. If you can tell me the difference, though, between a game with your program and Niagara or RMU, lay it on me. It doesn't have the cache' that the series with BU this season may generate, or a match-up with other top programs. That isn't a knock on BG, it is strictly from a fan perspective generating excitement at Yost. Afterall, BG has the talent and ethic to beat Michigan, seen it in the past, certainly a possibility this season. RMU did it, as did other programs, so that is not the angle about where we are compared to where your program is.

Okay, enough of this since this is a MSU thread. Apologies to the Spartan fans here.

Comment

It's not any fan's choice. It is U-M Hockey's decision. I just think the old stale argument that Michigan doesn't travel for road series (in lieu of asking for home series) has been disproven since the B1G was formed and allowed more nc games. What is negotiated is between the programs. If they bring BG in and travel back the following year, great. I never felt that there was a fierce rivalry even with our proximity, so pardon me for not being excited. We are glad that your program was revived, though and has flourished a bit in the WCHA. If you can tell me the difference, though, between a game with your program and Niagara or RMU, lay it on me. It doesn't have the cache' that the series with BU this season may generate, or a match-up with other top programs. That isn't a knock on BG, it is strictly from a fan perspective generating excitement at Yost. Afterall, BG has the talent and ethic to beat Michigan, seen it in the past, certainly a possibility this season. RMU did it, as did other programs, so that is not the angle about where we are compared to where your program is.

Okay, enough of this since this is a MSU thread. Apologies to the Spartan fans here.
              Screw BG, why haven't you made a trip to Kzoo yet?
              CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Looks like BGSU will be playing you guys next year in a home and home. Good to see MSU finally agreeing to this as opposed to a 2 for 1. Now if only UM and ND would see the light.
                I agree. Credit to MSU, they've been willing to play home and homes with local programs. Unlike UM, though they are making the trip to Ferris this year.
                CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

I never felt that there was a fierce rivalry even with our proximity
                  Quite the snobby remark.
                  CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
                    I agree. Credit to MSU, they've been willing to play home and homes with local programs. Unlike UM, though they are making the trip to Ferris this year.
                    My guess is that Ferris took a 2 for 1 deal with them. BG won't do that.

Comment

Quite the snobby remark.
                      Stop trolling, turd.

Comment

My guess is that Ferris took a 2 for 1 deal with them. BG won't do that.
                        Not true. Michigan has alternated one game series with FSU the last three seasons. @FSU 2014, Ferris 2015, @ Ferris 2016. They have also alternated two game series with Tech.

Comment

Screw BG, why haven't you made a trip to Kzoo yet?
                          Losing at Comerica was too hard on Berenson I guess.

Comment

Sour much? How's the NCHC treating you?

Comment

Not true. Michigan has alternated one game series with FSU the last three seasons. @FSU 2014, Ferris 2015, @ Ferris 2016. They have also alternated two game series with Tech.
                              Nope. The Tech series is a 2 for 1, the return is this season. '13 at Yost, '14 in Houghton, '16 at Yost.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                                Nope. The Tech series is a 2 for 1, the return is this season. '13 at Yost, '14 in Houghton, '16 at Yost.
                                Michigan played two in Houghton two seasons ago. What they do moving forward after the 2 games this season at Yost, I am not aware of yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X