Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Sorry, Gwozdecky no longer with Tampa Bay, coaching high school hockey in Colorado.

Comment

Originally posted by spartyon58 View Post
      If Hollis were to finally pull the trigger I just hope he has the sense to do a national search this time. Gwozdecky and Newell Brown are in the NHL, Cole with USNDT, who knows if they would be interested any longer. Newton and Kelly Miller are part of MSU's fiasco of a hockey program. As much as I like Kelly Miller, I don't think Newton or Miller should get any consideration. But, of course Anastos might be around a few more years.
      Neither would I want Kelly anywhere near the reins. Newton only to finish out the season, should the unthinkable happen.

Comment

5-2 loss. Eighth straight, and only the third place game at the GLI was close.

The '77-'78 season is starting to look good in comparison.
        Mongo only pawn in game of life.

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

The management thanks you for your time and please, shop here again.

Comment

Agreed. This is the worst team,maybe, in MSU history. Terrible coaching. Anastos needs to go: Tom Anastos at Michigan State should be fired. Getting whipped again, losing 7 straight, for a top-flight program is pathetic. Read the stats, and quotes from former great Ron Mason:

http://enlightenedspartan.blogspot.c...mediately.html

Comment

Some recommendations for a new head coach: Danton Cole, Chris Bergeron, an old mop.
            Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
            66 - 86 - 07
            59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
            59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
              Some recommendations for a new head coach: Danton Cole, Chris Bergeron, an old mop.
              The old mop would show more emotion, at least.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by spartyon58 View Post
                Sorry, Gwozdecky no longer with Tampa Bay, coaching high school hockey in Colorado.
                WOW quite the shift

Comment

You lose faceoffs at 3:1, you're gonna chase all night. It caught up with them.

The last time MSU had 4 wins in 19 games was the 1959-60 season. The finished that year 4-18-2.
                  Last edited by owslachief; 01-14-2017, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Nine in a row.

Boy, Moe...

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                      Nine in a row.

Boy, Moe...
                      1/6: 1-5 L
                      1/7: 1-5 L
                      1/13: 2-5 L
                      1/14: 3-5 L

Improvement!
                      Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                      66 - 86 - 07
                      59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

• Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                        1/6: 1-5 L
                        1/7: 1-5 L
                        1/13: 2-5 L
                        1/14: 3-5 L

Improvement!
                        I'm not sure that blowing a 2nd intermission lead by surrendering 4 goals in the third would qualify as improvement...
                        Mongo only pawn in game of life.

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

The management thanks you for your time and please, shop here again.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                          Neither would I want Kelly anywhere near the reins. Newton only to finish out the season, should the unthinkable happen.
                          I remember sitting behind Miller's while they disparaged Rick Comley. I'm wondering how they feel now.

Comment

Originally posted by Beldin View Post
                            5-2 loss. Eighth straight, and only the third place game at the GLI was close.

The '77-'78 season is starting to look good in comparison.
                            Nine straight. Minn (2), N.Eastern (1), GLI (2), Wis (2), PSU (2). Throw in the tie against the UND Fighting Hawk Sioux, and it's a 0-9-1 stretch.

If my math is correct (always a cause for concern) in this ten game stretch it is 50 goals against and 21 for. And only twice has MSU scored more then two goals in a game. That's a stat to be (not) proud of.
                            Last edited by Decatur Spartan; 01-15-2017, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beldin View Post
                              I'm not sure that blowing a 2nd intermission lead by surrendering 4 goals in the third would qualify as improvement...
                              You must have missed that robust "3" in our column.

Comment

Pro: We still have four games against the weakest opponent on our schedule remaining.

Cons: It's Michigan, with two at Yost. And after last year's 13-2 aggregate at Munn I'd say the JLA game is the only one we really have a chance in.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X