Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
    We never imagined that we would see Granato, Granato, and Osiecki come back to Madison together and it has been amazing so far. I can't say that I know much history of your program, what would be the MSU trifecta?
    Oh outstanding question

How about a couple rumored (weakly or strongly) candidates from the past in the mix:
    George Gwozdecky (hc) or Danton Cole (hc)
    Newell Brown
    Tom Newton (loyalty pick)

Comment

• Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
      Hockey is the one sport other than football and basketball that can make money. Obviously it has been awhile since that has happened but it should take third priority on Hollis' list at the very least. Ignoring it for the next few years is just not going to happen. I understand some of you guys are frustrated it has taken this long but I really think this was the "make or break" year for Anastos. FYI he is failing miserably.

As for rooting against the team, Obviously I want them to succeed just like you do. But when MSU loses I would rather them lose 6-1 now rather than 2-1. That way it looks worse to the people who don't watch the game and just check the score.
      I feel the same. If they lose, and it is increasingly likely they will,
      I'd rather lose 5-1 then 2-1 in OT.

Comment

Quite frankly, not getting to 10 wins won't bother me much.
        And going 0-16 to finish is a distinct possibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by owslachief View Post
          Oh outstanding question

How about a couple rumored (weakly or strongly) candidates from the past in the mix:
          George Gwozdecky (hc) or Danton Cole (hc)
          Newell Brown
          Tom Newton (loyalty pick)
          I was thinking Gwozdecky and Cole for sure.

The third I am not sure about.

Comment

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
            Quite frankly, not getting to 10 wins won't bother me much.
            And going 0-16 to finish is a distinct possibility.
            You'll get at least one win against us, you always do. For some strange reason you play out so your minds against us. Add that to the fact that *gulp* we suck this year (we can't score) and you get at least one win.
            Originally posted by alfablue
            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
              ...it sucks to see another program going through this.
              Speak for yourself, I love it.
              Originally posted by alfablue
              Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
              Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

So when do you think Tom Asbestos will win an award? Congratulations to Rick Comley for winning the award named for...me.

http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/...410579085.html

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                  So when do you think Tom Asbestos will win an award? Congratulations to Rick Comley for winning the award named for...me.

http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/...410579085.html
                  Ah, good for coach Comley. It got stale towards the end of his time here but he presided over success we can hardly fathom at this point and had a long, accomplished career.

Considering the angst amongst the fan base during the Comley era it is hard to believe that it feels as if we'll one day build a statue of the next coach that can match those results.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                    Ah, good for coach Comley. It got stale towards the end of his time here but he presided over success we can hardly fathom at this point and had a long, accomplished career.

Considering the angst amongst the fan base during the Comley era it is hard to believe that it feels as if we'll one day build a statue of the next coach that can match those results.
                    Stale? If that was stale what would you call this era? Again it's hard to be the guy after the GUY

Comment

Well I guess we can stop beating the fire Anastos drum for a couple days and start talking about this weekend series with PSU.

My predictions are 5-2 and 4-1 losses for MSU. Just can't see MSU coming away with a win this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
                        Well I guess we can stop beating the fire Anastos drum for a couple days and start talking about this weekend series with PSU.

My predictions are 5-2 and 4-1 losses for MSU. Just can't see MSU coming away with a win this weekend.
                        Fire Anastos

Comment

• Originally posted by gomsuman View Post

I'm thinking 5-1 and 6-2 losses.
                          That will mean out scored 44-17 (?) the last nine games.
                          That's one for the Anastos family album.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                            Fire Anastos
                            I see what you did there...

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                              fire anastos
                              Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
                              i see what you did there...
                              d

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                                I was thinking Gwozdecky and Cole for sure.

The third I am not sure about.
                                If Hollis were to finally pull the trigger I just hope he has the sense to do a national search this time. Gwozdecky and Newell Brown are in the NHL, Cole with USNDT, who knows if they would be interested any longer. Newton and Kelly Miller are part of MSU's fiasco of a hockey program. As much as I like Kelly Miller, I don't think Newton or Miller should get any consideration. But, of course Anastos might be around a few more years.

Comment

Working...
                                X