Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
    I think, at this stage, it's pretty clear we're going to stay in the mud until Anastos figures it out or retires/resigns.
    Agreed. I don't think Mr. Hollis has what it takes to get rid of TA.

Comment

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
      Agreed. I don't think Mr. Hollis has what it takes to get rid of TA.
      You mean like stones?
      CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

MSU vs. Ferris--the Mid Michigan toilet bowl!
        CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
          You mean like stones?
          Yup.

Comment

Well, we pulled out a comeback to keep me from stepping off the ledge. Good win, really. We tend to struggle at Ewigleben and I can't remember the last time we overcame more than a single goal deficit to win a game. I believe we have a bye week and it's always great to go into one of those feeling good. A slumping NoDak is up next. Slumping, sure, but I would bet they are a Denver quality opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
              Well, we pulled out a comeback to keep me from stepping off the ledge. Good win, really. We tend to struggle at Ewigleben and I can't remember the last time we overcame more than a single goal deficit to win a game. I believe we have a bye week and it's always great to go into one of those feeling good. A slumping NoDak is up next. Slumping, sure, but I would bet they are a Denver quality opponent.
              The third period showed MSU to be really a different team than I've seen so far this year. To me the key was MSU's power play - not for what it produced (it didn't produce a single goal in the third), but for the effect it had on FSU. It produced some good chances, involved the best puck movement of the year and got FSU on its heals ... and clearly wore them down. I thought Smith was going to frustrate this team - until Cox broke through.

Comment

On a positive note for at least one MSU Hockey Team, the Tier II team (think JVish) beat scUM last Friday night 4-1. Goalie had 39 saves on 40 shots! Takes them to 6-3 on the season. As opposed to the Varsity's 3-6 record.
                And and to keep the thread on track: Volley Ball lost in 5 sets last night to #2 Minn, to fall to 23-6 on the season after beating scUM Wednesday night 3-1. They could do some good stuff in the NCAA Tournament.

Comment

I thought the play at Ford Theater last night was uneven. The guy yelling in Latin was a bit over-the-top.

Comment

That was pretty neat.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                      That was pretty neat.
                      Did not expect to pull a win from NoDak. Anything more out of this weekend is glorious.

Comment

I don't what to say

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                          I thought the play at Ford Theater last night was uneven. The guy yelling in Latin was a bit over-the-top.
                          So, other then the ending, how did you like the play Mrs. Lincoln?

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                            I don't what to say
                            Other then the old saying about the Blind Hog and an acorn. Nothing really to say.

Comment

Did anyone else have trouble trying to listen to the MSU-UND game last night? Spartan Sports Network's link to the Hockey game, linked up to Women's BB instead. So I tried the UND site, only to find out you have to register in advance. No Game Tracker. And they wanted too much money for the video stream. Like the Hockey program, a sad state of affairs.

Comment

ND had a game tracker on their site.

But really the best option is to download the CHN app.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X