UND's Lisa Marvin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UND's Lisa Marvin

Amazing she is coming back to play after her tragic accident.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4122606-und-womens-hockey-lisa-marvin-cleared-play-college-hockey-again
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Re: UND's Lisa Marvin

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
    Amazing she is coming back to play after her tragic accident.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...e-hockey-again
    Thanks for sharing the link, this is indeed very good news. It is amazing she could even walk again let alone play hockey. A lot of us were hoping the very best for her but never thought she could do this well. I had sent her a letter early on relating my recover from a catastrophic injury and urging her to never give up, that it took me a couple years to get back most functionality. Looks like she did OK.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
      I had sent her a letter early on relating my recover from a catastrophic injury and urging her to never give up, that it took me a couple years to get back most functionality. Looks like she did OK.
      Extremely classy...good for you.

And probably even better for her although I'm sure you both benefited in different ways, as should be the case.

Generosity of a very personal nature with no expectation of recompense.

Thank you for sharing that.

Comment

Thank you for sharing. Truly inspirational.

Good Luck to Lisa, the Marvin Family, and UND.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
          Extremely classy...good for you.

And probably even better for her although I'm sure you both benefited in different ways, as should be the case.

Generosity of a very personal nature with no expectation of recompense.

Thank you for sharing that.
          It hurts me to wish ND well but I hate to see anyone have to climb a hill like she did. From experience I guess there will alwas be some pain and difficulty from her injuries so it is great to think she can make it back to playing level. I hope she finishes her career strong despite never making the NCAA finals. She has to be one tough cookie to do what she has done and she deserves a lot of success for that alone.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
            Thanks for sharing the link, this is indeed very good news. It is amazing she could even walk again let alone play hockey. A lot of us were hoping the very best for her but never thought she could do this well. I had sent her a letter early on relating my recover from a catastrophic injury and urging her to never give up, that it took me a couple years to get back most functionality. Looks like she did OK.
            Very classy of you. Well done.
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
            X