Bemidji State Beavers: 2016-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    Ouch.... the Beavers looked uninspired against Princeton....
    That's a PWR killer for BSU and the WCHA
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Re: Bemidji State Beavers: 2016-17

Originally posted by Andrew J Carter View Post
      I just got back from the Sanford Center after seeing our 4-1 loss to Princeton. Although I give the hockey smarts advantage to beaverhockeyfan, I thought it was well-played hockey game. Just one penalty I think early on in the 3rd, then we got several especially when we were making a comeback. The pace of the game was as fast as any I have seen so far, and I have been to all 6/7 home games. Princeton was fast, generally passed well, and they did a great job of clogging up 3'-8' around their goalie. We had some shots, but they either clogged it up or made us shoot wide. They appeared better than any team I have seen all year. I know that doesn't sound good and wow does this hurt our conference reputation. I hope I am wrong and it's just a matter of inspiration. Let's get some revenge tomorrow! Go Beavers!
      Dear Andrew. It's their FIRST win of the year. they are in last place in their league. LAST PLACE. But they did have a tie vs Dartmouth.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
        That's a PWR killer for BSU and the WCHA
        Yes, I don't think that BSU makes the NCAAs as an at-large because of this. They'd have to win out in NC play.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          Dear Andrew. It's their FIRST win of the year. they are in last place in their league. LAST PLACE. But they did have a tie vs Dartmouth.
          Manurespreader: I got it. It was Princeton's 1st win of the year, but they looked good last night. I obviously don't like the fact that we didn't get it done, but I don't think we played heartless either and that is what concerns me. Sometimes some of us mid-westerners forget that they play solid hockey out east. Again, I hope I am wrong and this Princeton loss was a fluke.
          Last edited by Andrew J Carter; 11-26-2016, 11:02 AM. Reason: word change

Comment

My take last night was that Princeton was able to dictate the type of game it was going to be. It looked like a lot of the time they would have three guys back on the blue line once BSU gained control in their defensive zone. That forced BSU to dump it in rather than carry it in. BSU then lost the battles in the corners and had a hard time sustaining pressure. When they did, Princeton really packed it in and forced BSU to play from the outside.

The loss put a dent in BSU's Pairwise, but didn't completely kill it. I think this will be a good wake up call for the Beavers. Hopefully this bad loss will turn into a good learning experience.
            Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
            FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
            NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
            NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
            NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
            NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
            Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

My take last night was that Princeton was able to dictate the type of game it was going to be. It looked like a lot of the time they would have three guys back on the blue line once BSU gained control in their defensive zone. That forced BSU to dump it in rather than carry it in. BSU then lost the battles in the corners and had a hard time sustaining pressure. When they did, Princeton really packed it in and forced BSU to play from the outside.

The loss put a dent in BSU's Pairwise, but didn't completely kill it. I think this will be a good wake up call for the Beavers. Hopefully this bad loss will turn into a good learning experience.
              well maybe, but not next weekend.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

As of 11/30/2016

FORMER BEAVERS
                -Matt Read-Philadelphia Flyers (NHL) 24 GP, 6G-3A-9 Pts., 2 PIM, -3
                -Brad Hunt-Chicago Wolves (AHL) 19 GP, 5G-15A-20 Pts., 4 PIM, +7
                -Ruslan Pedan-HK Sochi (KHL) 22 GP, 0G-3A-3 Pts., 29 PIM, -2
                *********Dynamo St. Petersburg (VHL) 4 GP, 1G-1A-2 Pts., 6 PIM
                -Matt Prapavessis-Greenville Swamp Rabbits (ECHL) 12 GP, 1G-2A-3 Pts., 4 PIM, +4
                -Cory Ward-Manchester Monarchs (ECHL) 19 GP, 6G-8A-14 Pts., 2 PIM, +9
                -John Parker-South Carolina Stingrays (ECHL) 16 GP, 2G-4A-6 Pts., 2 PIM, -3
                -Riley Weselowski-Rapid City Rush (ECHL) 19 GP, 0G-4A-4 Pts., 14 PIM, -1
                -Ian Lowe- Wichita Thunder (ECHL) 8 GP, 0G-2A-2 Pts., 7 PIM, +0
                -Phil Brewer-Tulsa Oilers (ECHL) 21 GP, 5G-7A-12 Pts., 11 PIM, +7
                -Sam Windle-Wheeling Nailers (ECHL) 5 GP, 0G-1A-1 Pts., 0 PIM, -1
                *********Utah Grizzlies (ECHL) 5 GP, 0G-0A-0 Pts., 7 PIM, -3
                -Brandon Marino-Brampton Beast (ECHL) 16 GP, 4G-13A-17 Pts., 6 PIM, +4
                -Radoslav Illo-Missouri Mavericks (ECHL) 13 GP, 4G-4A-8 Pts., 6 PIM, +2
                -Garrett Ladd-Tulsa Oilers (ECHL) 13 GP, 3G-2A-5 Pts., 2 PIM, -3
                -Mathieu Dugas-Saint Georges COOL-FM (LNAH) 4 GP, 4W-0L-0SOL, 94.5 Save %, 1.94 GAA, 0 SO, 0 PIM
                -Matt Climie-Straubing Tigers (Germany) 17 GP, 0W-0L-0SOL, 88.8 Save %, 3.61 GAA, 0 PIM, 1 SO
                -Jamie MacQueen-Eisbaren Berlin (Germany) 23 GP, 4G-7A-11 Pts., 20 PIM, +3
                *********Champions League Tournament 4 GP, 1G-2A-3 Pts, 6 PIM
                -Aaron McLeod-Herner EV 2007 (Germany3) 18 GP, 15G-18A-33 Pts., 2 PIM
                -Jeff Jubinville-MAC Budapest (MOL Liga) 21 GP, 8G-15A-23 Pts., 0 PIM
                -Graeme McCormack- Sparta Sarpsborg (Norway) 23 GP, 3G-12A-15 Pts., 8 PIM
                -Markus Gerbrandt-Sparta Sarpsborg (Norway) 23 GP, 10G-9A-19 Pts., 16 PIM
                -Matt Dalton-Anyang Halla (Asia League) 20 GP, 0W-0L-0 SOL, 94.3 Save %, 1.55 GAA, 0 SO, 0 PIM
                *********South Korea (International) 3 GP, 3.21 GAA, 86.4 Save %
                -Tyler Scofield- Starbulls Rosenheim (Germany 2) 15 GP, 7G-12A-19 Pts., 6 PIM
                -Matt Pope-Tohoku Free Blades (Asia League) 29 GP, 23G-26A-49 Pts., 0 PIM, +0
                -Jordan George-Fischtown Penguins (Germany) 17 GP, 3G-5A-8 Pts., 2 PIM, +0
                -Dan Bakala-Frolunda (Sweden) 23 GP, 0W-0L-0 SOL, 85.2 Save %, 3.01 GAA, 0 PIM, 0 Assists, 0 SO
                *********Champions League Tournament 1 GP, 2.77 GAA, 82.4 Save %
                -Brendan Cook-Dresdner Eislowen (Germany2) 21 GP, 15G-11A-26 Pts., 12 PIM
                -Brance Orban- Szekesfehervar (EBEL) 22 GP, 2G-6A-8 Pts., 4 PIM
                *********Hungary (International) 3 GP, 0G-0A-0 Pts., 0 PIM
                -Niko Suoraniemi-Caen (France 2) 12 GP, 0G-8A-8 Pts., 14 PIM
                -Bradley Robbins-Tours (France 2) 8 GP, 6G-6A-12 Pts., 14 PIM

-Stephanie Anderson-Minnesota Whitecaps 0 GP, 0G-0A-0 Pts., 0 PIM, +0
                -Ivana Bilic-Connecticut Whale 5 GP, 0G-2A-2 Pts., 2 PIM, -4
                -Hanna Moher-HV 71 (Sweden) 21 GP, 1G-8A-9 Pts., 6 PIM
                -Kaitlyn Tougas-Brampton Thunder 10 GP, 0G-0A-0 Pts., 0 PIM, -5

BEAVER RECRUITS
                -Ethan Somoza (Signed), F-Bloomington Thunder (USHL) 17 GP, 4G-6A-10 Pts., 2 PIM, +2
                -Bradley Belise (2017), F-Fargo Force (USHL) 19 GP, 0G-0A-0 Pts., 27 PIM, -6
                -Bradley Johnson (Signed), D-Fargo Force (USHL) 19 GP, 0G-4A-4 Pts., 20 PIM, +7
                -Tyler Jubenvill (2018), D-Winkler Flyers (MJHL) 25 GP, 7G-11A-18 Pts., 20 PIM
                -Brendan Harris (Signed), F-Wenatchee Wild (BCHL) 27 GP, 11G-39A-50 Pts., 6 PIM
                -Ross Armour, (2018) F-Trail Smoke Eaters (BCHL) 24 GP, 8G-18A-26 Pts., 24 PIM
                -Charlie Combs, (2017) F-Wenatchee Wild (BCHL) 27 GP, 30G-14A-44 Pts., 47 PIM
                Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Looks like a 3-1 win at Tech tonight. Some of us faithless ones were worried. Nice win. Love those short-handed goals. Take the next step Beavers!

Comment

Looks like a 3-1 win at Tech tonight. Some of us faithless ones were worried. Nice win. Love those short-handed goals. Take the next step Beavers!
                    My only real explanation is that we overlooked Princeton. Take care of business the rest of the way and it won't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by BSUBeavs View Post
                      My only real explanation is that we overlooked Princeton. Take care of business the rest of the way and it won't matter.
                      I still say Princeton was good despite tonight's evidence (we beat Tech and the Tigers lost 7-4 to Union).

Comment

Well the Beavers finally get a loss in WCHA Play with Tech's 2-1 win in Houghton. As a Beaver fan, I will take the split in Houghton and get the hell out of town!
                        Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Well the Beavers finally get a loss in WCHA Play with Tech's 2-1 win in Houghton. As a Beaver fan, I will take the split in Houghton and get the hell out of town!
                          Unfortunately due to the sweep against princeton we can't really afford splits in order to make the NCAA tourney. Of course there is the Conf. Tourney but that is no guarantee.

Comment

I still say Princeton was good despite tonight's evidence (we beat Tech and the Tigers lost 7-4 to Union).
                            We ran into two goalies who played very good games it seems. Princeton played well but we outshot them 36-27 in game one and 44-23 in game two. Those are pretty big differences and generally you don't lose games when there is that kind of differential in shots on goal. I didn't see either game that weekend but am guessing their goalies played well and our offense struggled to finish. Maybe you can provide more insight as you were there.

Comment

The Beavers outplayed MTU on Friday night. The parts of the game I was able to watch, BSU looked awesome and their forecheck kept the Huskies from getting an effective breakout. Kudos to a great team.

Saturday night Tech looked better and it seemed like they dominated much of the game. I was honestly glad Tech got out of it with a split, considering how well BSU played Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
                                The Beavers outplayed MTU on Friday night. The parts of the game I was able to watch, BSU looked awesome and their forecheck kept the Huskies from getting an effective breakout. Kudos to a great team.

Saturday night Tech looked better and it seemed like they dominated much of the game. I was honestly glad Tech got out of it with a split, considering how well BSU played Friday.
                                That's pretty much the way I saw it too.

Comment

Working...
                                X